PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To: Configure GPS

##diag#
Old 11-28-2008, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Long Con is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
##diag#
But I'm on Telus... isn't that for Sprint users?
Old 11-28-2008, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Long Con is a n00b

Well, Sprint or not, the extra # worked for me, and my GPS is so much faster now! It's awesome, I've never had a GPS device before, and I'm having fun with it. (I just walked around the block holding my Diamond and watching my little icon move around the map with me! lol )

My question now is, can I enter someone else's GPS info into my phone, and see where they are on my map? I have a 10 year old daughter, and she's probably going to get a cell phone sometime in the next few years... I'd like to get her a GPS one, and be able to keep tabs on her. "Oh, you're at Suzie's house for a sleepover, eh? I didn't know Suzie moved to downtown Toronto! "

Old 11-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Telus has kid find, but it's not that accurate.
TomTom also has a buddy feature, but that would require the daughter to update her position I believe.
I think there's an application that can be used to track you cell, but I'll have to let someone else post it, it was posted a while ago, in order for you to find your lost phone.

As for the ##diag#, it depends what ROM you're on.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/ Htc pro

rottirudy is just getting started

I have used this to enable the gps but when i try it no matter the rom it will not work will not locate any sats and if I try to use my location i get teh message that your headset i not compatible with my location ( beta) feature and quick gps will not work either I click on download in QuickGPS and I get message connection failed. Please try again later.. I have tried hard reset a dozen times I have tried this with juicy roms and mighty rom getting same thing..and under the quickGPS where it says Valis time it says expired.. Please help.. And by the way it does not matter if I have full signal or not tried it. This all worked fine on the Diamond I had before this one..THanks
Old 12-03-2008, 08:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

xsictransitx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottirudy View Post
I have used this to enable the gps but when i try it no matter the rom it will not work will not locate any sats and if I try to use my location i get teh message that your headset i not compatible with my location ( beta) feature and quick gps will not work either I click on download in QuickGPS and I get message connection failed. Please try again later.. I have tried hard reset a dozen times I have tried this with juicy roms and mighty rom getting same thing..and under the quickGPS where it says Valis time it says expired.. Please help.. And by the way it does not matter if I have full signal or not tried it. This all worked fine on the Diamond I had before this one..THanks
I have a similar situation, except quickGPS has no issues 'connecting' for me. My Location won't work because it is not designed to work with this device. However I am on Juicy 3.9 and like with 3.7.1, I am not able to get a lock. I was however able to lock when I was on Telus stock, so I am not sure what to do about this. I am currently trying Sprint settings, which worked on stock, but I might try Telus settings again.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC s640
Carrier: Telus (Canada)

Autumn Walker is a n00b

Thanks for posting this tutorial! I have successfully configured aGPS on my HTC s640 using this thread as a guide.

Cheers.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Lurker

moncif200501 is a n00b

hi please help me i dont know how to find the ESPC PLEASE help i have Sprint htc diamond and i download the cdma workssh.. and evrytime i put the adresse it tell me this function is available in registry version only help me please
Old 12-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Lurker

moncif200501 is a n00b

no answersssssssssssssss
Old 12-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Lurker

moncif200501 is a n00b

**** man i can get that ****ing SPC CODEEE **** please can u make a video how did u do that **** please because im doing that for 1 ****ing hour with my sprint htc diamond and i can t get that ****ing code help please

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond