PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

erick10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Diamond Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool8man View Post
I just don't understand why they would take a cool expensive looking device and make it look like a cheap toy?

It seems like they are completely removing the Diamond branding from this phone. The Diamond back is what made this the "Diamond" phone. Sprint will never be successful in this industry because they don't understand that stupid little gimmicks like a cheap plastic faceted back that looks like a diamond is the type of garbage that sells products in America. If you don't have some kind of gimmick or angle to set you apart then you are just any other phone to the average joe.

HTC after years of making powerful but ugly phones finally puts out a smartphone with some style and Sprint goes and craps all over it. Ugh. Touch Pro is going to look even worse because the back part is much bigger than the Diamond meaning tons of ugly burgandy.
Its not Sprint, its HTC. Why do you think Telus is getting the same thing and back. Remember, this is CDMA not GSM version so it has to change. Like the Mogul, its supposed to be the htc tytn and it looks nothing like it but it sure is better. Same thing here, the CDMA version will have more ram. Remember the HTC Touch and Vogue? Dont we have the better version? We just have to live with what Htc sales to Sprint and what Sprint sales to us.

Last edited by erick10; 08-15-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cool8man is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick10 View Post
Its not Sprint, its HTC. Why do you think Telus is getting the same thing and back. Remember, this is CDMA not GSM version so it has to change. Like the Mogul, its supposed to be the htc tytn and it looks nothing like it but it sure is better. Same thing here, the CDMA version will have more ram. Remember the HTC Touch and Vogue? Dont we have the better version? We just have to live with what Htc sales to Sprint and what Sprint sales to us.
Well whoever decided on the extra thick burgundy back thanks for that. It looks bad. Why are they even calling this the "Diamond" anymore? HTC Touch Ruby would make more sense now.

I appreciate the bigger battery and extra ram if it's in there, but I can't say that I like the way the phone looks anymore. The added weight and size makes this version of the phone even more irrelevant. The only reason to buy a Diamond instead of a Touch Pro was the size and weight advantage, so anything they do to make the Diamond bigger and heavier defeats the whole point of it's existence.

Last edited by cool8man; 08-15-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Well whoever decided on the extra thick burgundy back thanks for that. It looks bad. Why are they even calling this the "Diamond" anymore? HTC Touch Ruby would make more sense now.

I appreciate the bigger battery and extra ram if it's in there, but I can't say that I like the way the phone looks anymore. The added weight and size makes this version of the phone even more irrelevant. The only reason to buy a Diamond instead of a Touch Pro was the size and weight advantage, so anything they do to make the Diamond bigger and heavier defeats the whole point of it's existence.
I thought CDMA wasn't as power-efficient as GSM, and people were already complaining about the battery life on the GSM version. So maybe there wasn't a lot of options.

As far as it being HTC screwing up the looks of the phone, the Telus Diamond has a black back, not burgundy/red/whatever. So it's not HTC doing it. Although I thought the photoshopped blue looked nice!

Clint
Old 08-15-2008, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: BrwnTelephoneCO

rangness is a n00b

this brings new meaning to....what's on the inside that really matters....haha.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

if it really comes with that back cover, i'd get the first advertised version online somewhere. the one with all the angles and what not. its so hot. reminds me off the 4 minutes vid by madonna
Old 08-15-2008, 04:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Doc1131 is becoming a great contributor

the back cover doesn't look that bad LOL reminds me of the burgundy treo 755
Old 08-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i always do paint jobs on my phones so.. I really need to write a tutorial/video on painting your phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
i always do paint jobs on my phones so.. I really need to write a tutorial/video on painting your phone.
thats not too bad of an idea... it would be good to know the best paint/primer to use for something that rubs against clothing so often(goin in and out of pocket)
Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Well they've successfully made the iPhone's hardware look a whole lot better to me. If the iPhone's OS wasn't so primitive I'd be switching to AT&T right about now. Too many cooks spoiled this soup unfortunately.
The iPhone's hardware is inferior in all respects except the multitouch screen.

iPhone:

412mhz processor
128MB RAM
HVGA (480x320)
Old 08-15-2008, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

erick10 is a n00b
Angry Re: Sprint Diamond Pics

Quote:

I totaly agree that it looks weak with the new back instead of the gsm back that actually lived up to the name since it did have a diamond back. Remember that Sprint is not calling it the "Diamond" like Telus but Victor so maybe they can shut are mouth with that lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond