PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Diamond Pics

Articles that simply link back to the source forums don't make it any more official, regardless of wether it winds up being accurate or not.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SMT-5800
Carrier: VZW

angarita is a n00b

Replacement back cover:

http://mobile.brando.com.hk/prod_det...?prod_id=03501
Old 08-15-2008, 02:23 PM
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Unfortunately, if rumors are accurate the CDMA version has a larger battery, eliminating the possibility of using a GSM cover. Should be possible to find replacements for the Telus units though, which I believe are all black. Would be nice to have an actual "Diamond" back cover though. Maybe someone will manufacture one.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff

you wouldn't be able to use the gsm cover anyways the gsm version is squared and cdma version is rounded

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 08-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillthisguy View Post
Guess everyone missed this article. Aug. 28th release.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Spri...le-a_3052.html

from what i learned, phonearena.com isnt that reliable cuz they always give the new "leaked" info and mention that it may not be correct, like ALL the time... plus, those pics on their site still say ROFL... it says they got the pic from rOfl from sprint users...

COME ON!!! I'm gunna send phonearena 5 different photoshopped colors and slap "syanni" on em... SPRINT GAVE THESE TO ME!

You really think their gunna post "official" pics like that? I mean, they DID, but i've lost alot of faith with that site.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SMT-5800
Carrier: VZW

angarita is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
Unfortunately, if rumors are accurate the CDMA version has a larger battery, eliminating the possibility of using a GSM cover.
GSM battery, then?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angarita View Post
GSM battery, then?
I'd imagine the entire case/frame has been slightly modified to accomodate the battery. The Telus units look good though. Some links to pics on Howard Forums are in one of the other threads.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:50 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by angarita View Post
GSM battery, then?
i know i wouldnt give up battery life just to have the diamond backing. and as it said a couple posts above, the gsm version is squared, and the cdma version is rounded. so the backing wont fit on it anyways.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cool8man is becoming a great contributor

Yeah none of those replacement HTC diamond back covers are going to fit. They've actually changed the phone a lot more than people are leading on. If you notice the GSM version of the Diamond is very rectangular and the face of the phone has all straight lines. If you look at the U.S. Sprint version you will notice that it has lots of curves on the front including the top and bottom of the device and underneathe the HTC logo. It's not just depth which has increased by 3mm, the length of the phone is now 1mm less than the GSM version.

You can compare the two different versions CDMA vs. GSM here:

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...e-pc_2847.html

So we have to wait 3 months longer than the rest of the world to get a larger phone, an ugly red back, and the front facing camera removed? Cellphone market in the U.S. is awesome. We better at least be getting more RAM or something to make up for all this crap.

Well they've successfully made the iPhone's hardware look a whole lot better to me. If the iPhone's OS wasn't so primitive I'd be switching to AT&T right about now. Too many cooks spoiled this soup unfortunately.

Last edited by cool8man; 08-15-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

I know a regial account manager for Sprint and just received a text stating that he could not confirm the color or cost but did confirm the 09-02-08 release date.

Color it not that important to me but I would like it to be all black myself.

i will be checking back with him every week for an update.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond