PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 03:40 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Corrected your spelling error (sic), apps aren't everything. I read something back in January that said that the majority of smartphone users just download an app, use it once and then never again. The only apps that get used on a daily basis are social networking ,music and utility apps.

Study: Apps not that important to smartphone users | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
how shocking, another wpcentral article from eric! who would have guessed. regardless of what some article says, i have 48 downloaded apps on my phone. i use every single one of them on a weekly if not daily basis. im no expert, and im sure pew does some fine research, but i dont think this hokey article is going to change my mind on this one.

has anyone ever noticed how any time any one points out a shortcoming of wp7,8 or whatever, eric seems to have a wpcentral or tmonews article that says "oh, that thing you think is important, well its really not that important, because if it were, it would be in winpho" and any other points of view are "ANTI MICROSOFT PUNDITS".
in this case, since windows marketplace is last in apps, there is a wpcentral article saying apps really arent that important. but god damn, those live tiles sure are nifty.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
how shocking, another wpcentral article from eric! who would have guessed. regardless of what some article says, i have 48 downloaded apps on my phone. i use every single one of them on a weekly if not daily basis. im no expert, and im sure pew does some fine research, but i dont think this hokey article is going to change my mind on this one.

has anyone ever noticed how any time any one points out a shortcoming of wp7,8 or whatever, eric seems to have a wpcentral or tmonews article that says "oh, that thing you think is important, well its really not that important, because if it were, it would be in winpho" and any other points of view are "ANTI MICROSOFT PUNDITS".
in this case, since windows marketplace is last in apps, there is a wpcentral article saying apps really arent that important. but god damn, those live tiles sure are nifty.
It's not only WPCentral, do you ever even read the articles and follow their sources? I assume not since you made such a ridiculous response.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:59 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Quote:
Corrected your spelling error (sic), apps aren't everything. I read something back in January that said that the majority of smartphone users just download an app, use it once and then never again. The only apps that get used on a daily basis are social networking ,music and utility apps.

http://www.wpcentral.com/study-end-a...style_mobile=0
Angry Birds must be a utility then huh lol...

Pffft, I've got something like 90apps... Use half of them Atleast everyday....

Gmail...app
Yahoo...app
Sms/Handcent...app
Voicemail/youmail...app
Messenger/palringo/kik/whatsapp...app
Facebook...app
Ppcgeeks/taptalk...app
Xda...app
Opera/Dolphin/Firefox...app

Most common tasks a smartphone user does revolves around an app to get there.... You can't say "apps aren't everything" when even your article says "apps are everything) - even if its social media, music, etc.... It's still apps...

And hell, I've got 90 or so apps, Sie half of em daily.... The days I'm not using a lot, my kids certainly pick up the slack and play game after game... It's all I hear,, " dad, can I play a game on your phone..."

App development sells phones, handsdown! Just ask Google and Apple..
Old 07-22-2012, 09:21 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Little ones don't touch my phone no more. My 4 y/o has a nook tablet, and the 8 year old has my wife's old evo. Inactivated of course. We've got a family gmail with all the kids games on it. I love that you can sign in with multiple accounts in the playstore now.

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 07-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Angry Birds must be a utility then huh lol...

Pffft, I've got something like 90apps... Use half of them Atleast everyday....

Gmail...app
Yahoo...app
Sms/Handcent...app
Voicemail/youmail...app
Messenger/palringo/kik/whatsapp...app
Facebook...app
Ppcgeeks/taptalk...app
Xda...app
Opera/Dolphin/Firefox...app

Most common tasks a smartphone user does revolves around an app to get there.... You can't say "apps aren't everything" when even your article says "apps are everything) - even if its social media, music, etc.... It's still apps...

And hell, I've got 90 or so apps, Sie half of em daily.... The days I'm not using a lot, my kids certainly pick up the slack and play game after game... It's all I hear,, " dad, can I play a game on your phone..."

App development sells phones, handsdown! Just ask Google and Apple..
@boredandtattooed All of those you mentioned are in WP,either by apps or built in,in the WP email app I could check all of my email accounts at once if I wanted to but have just decided to only link my hotmail accounts. Either way you just refuted my point, the apps that will get used everyday are social networking and utility type apps. Games are not counted as an app. Using more than that would put you outside of the majority that the article is talking about.

Last edited by eric12341; 07-22-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:38 PM

Games are not apps? Ok. I'm officially done here. I get the feeling that sense and reason will not prevail in this thread. I'm off to play some apps.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
Games are not apps? Ok. I'm officially done here. I get the feeling that sense and reason will not prevail in this thread. I'm off to play some apps.

They aren't,with that reasoning songs and videos would be considered apps too. But good thing that you're leaving. Hopefully that'll be the end of you in this section. All you've done was spread hate. Good thing you also aren't on WPCentral.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:06 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
They aren't,with that reasoning songs and videos would be considered apps too. But good thing that you're leaving. Hopefully that'll be the end of you in this section. All you've done was spread hate. Good thing you also aren't on WPCentral.
Sorry for the off topic.. Geeze eric, you really are one annoying SOB(haven't changed a bit)!! I haven't been on the site/or posted anything for the past few months in large part just to get away from you & your bs!! I've only been back for 2 days and already can't stand you Kinda feels like some screwed up time warp here where time is standing still because your still posting the exact same crap over & over & over almost like i never left! What's even more shocking is that they(the mods) still allow you to do so..I mean how can they all put up with you and your antics for so long??

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm attacking you but come on man.. there were threads here showing the site was trying to better itself just a few months ago and having members like you who continually stir up (the same)shit, w/anyone and everyone, definitely isn't helping the cause!!

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 07-23-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
All you've done was spread hate. Good thing you also aren't on WPCentral.
Why would I be on wpcentral? I don't own a wp device, so no reason to be there. I'm not a troll. I have a reason to be here. I do after all own several smart phones and this is a smartphone enthusiast forum.
What most of us are trying to figure out, is what you are doing here on a mostly android forum...

Old 07-23-2012, 03:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Keyword: mostly. Your still in the WP7 section so I believe that he is also a smartphone enthusiast and also has a reason to be here.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro