PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC 7 Pro (aka How the TP2 Should have been) EPIC WIN!!!!!

I first thought that TP2 cannot do WP7 bc there will be higher resolution but its the same resolution.

So how its because of the processor speed?

Hence the only improvement I see is speed and captive screen. And thinner? I wish it was a world phone!

I am glad the screen is not any bigger. I dont want a big flat pita bread on my pants.

My final decision on this is WP7 vs Android. I start with OS and warez first, then the phone.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:05 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
I first thought that TP2 cannot do WP7 bc there will be higher resolution but its the same resolution.

So how its because of the processor speed?

Hence the only improvement I see is speed and captive screen. And thinner? I wish it was a world phone!

I am glad the screen is not any bigger. I dont want a big flat pita bread on my pants.

My final decision on this is WP7 vs Android. I start with OS and warez first, then the phone.
"I start with OS and warez first, then the phone." can ya explain this part please?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I dont know how to explain it any better. Basically, you can have a great phone, but no apps for it, then no use.

An example, I have not seen much of any stand alone GPS program for the Android.

Not much of any apps for the BB/RIM too.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:14 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
I dont know how to explain it any better. Basically, you can have a great phone, but no apps for it, then no use.

An example, I have not seen much of any stand alone GPS program for the Android.

There are plenty of stand alone GPS programs on Android...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:34 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:

i can name lots and most wm also has but my point was dont promote warez here please.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 whoo-hoo

B-Real206 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

So I take it that this will not be a world phone.......
Old 12-20-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

john80hotkey is becoming a great contributor

so far doesn't look like it will be a world phone... none of the spec sheets( not even the ones on htc site ) make a reference to this. next I believe jumping to this phone since its "new" is premature. My sig says EVO but I dumped it . Had freezing issues from day one and wasn't going to wait 2-3wks for a replacement. returned to my touch pro 2. and after doing so I realized that this phone might just be good enough for me. The pro 7 just isn't significant enough upgrade to warrant a buy. true enough its the latest and "greatest"( I use the term very loosely) but its only just barely better that its predecessor. It only got a beef up in ram and processor because the OS damands it. honestly if htc could have put a 600/800mhz processor in it they probably would have.. they love to recycle parts thats why this phones shares the exact same deminisions and body as the tp2 the only changes that were made were adjustments to support the OS nothing more nothing less. on day 1 ..everyone will say its the best windows phone they ever owned( windows is always snappy before you actually start real world usage) then by day 7.. the complaints start.. how slow and bogged down the os has become and it then just becomes another windows phone.. The major problem with this is ... On the tp2 steps could be taken as far as registry tweaks, cab files, and custom roms to alivate some of the issues that are experienced once you do begin day-to-day operations, but with the lock down on the system that microsoft has implemented this time you will just have to deal with the slowest running most freezing 1ghz phone anyone owns. and to give up functionality such as cut, copy, and paste or our memory cards is crazy. In short I suggest everyone just relax and continue to tweak and enjoy their tp2. if you are a memeber of this forum Im pretty sure at this point you are happy with your phone because of all the needed adjustments you have already made. wait to see how it performs. a month after its released just google htc 7 pro and see if any complaints are listed in the first three links and if not go for it, but Im going to wait to see what else 2011 has instore for us true geeks and if nothing comes up the phone has a 6mo shelf life so I can still pick one up and if not there's always craiglist or ebay..
Old 12-20-2010, 03:35 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by john80hotkey View Post
so far doesn't look like it will be a world phone... none of the spec sheets( not even the ones on htc site ) make a reference to this. next I believe jumping to this phone since its "new" is premature. My sig says EVO but I dumped it . Had freezing issues from day one and wasn't going to wait 2-3wks for a replacement. returned to my touch pro 2. and after doing so I realized that this phone might just be good enough for me. The pro 7 just isn't significant enough upgrade to warrant a buy. true enough its the latest and "greatest"( I use the term very loosely) but its only just barely better that its predecessor. It only got a beef up in ram and processor because the OS damands it. honestly if htc could have put a 600/800mhz processor in it they probably would have.. they love to recycle parts thats why this phones shares the exact same deminisions and body as the tp2 the only changes that were made were adjustments to support the OS nothing more nothing less. on day 1 ..everyone will say its the best windows phone they ever owned( windows is always snappy before you actually start real world usage) then by day 7.. the complaints start.. how slow and bogged down the os has become and it then just becomes another windows phone.. The major problem with this is ... On the tp2 steps could be taken as far as registry tweaks, cab files, and custom roms to alivate some of the issues that are experienced once you do begin day-to-day operations, but with the lock down on the system that microsoft has implemented this time you will just have to deal with the slowest running most freezing 1ghz phone anyone owns. and to give up functionality such as cut, copy, and paste or our memory cards is crazy. In short I suggest everyone just relax and continue to tweak and enjoy their tp2. if you are a memeber of this forum Im pretty sure at this point you are happy with your phone because of all the needed adjustments you have already made. wait to see how it performs. a month after its released just google htc 7 pro and see if any complaints are listed in the first three links and if not go for it, but Im going to wait to see what else 2011 has instore for us true geeks and if nothing comes up the phone has a 6mo shelf life so I can still pick one up and if not there's always craiglist or ebay..
or just switch to an epic ..lag free and awesome in every way lol..

but as for TP7..I don't think it will be laggy in 7 days..since M$ locked down the OS and hardware it limits functionality thus reduces that risk...the biggest question comes on what would be the next leap for WP7..if its large enough it may leave the slower 1ghz snapdragons behind completely..and with lack of tweak ability to overclock and other tweaks it might loose out...similar to the original iphone..
Old 12-21-2010, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
or just switch to an epic ..lag free and awesome in every way lol..

but as for TP7..I don't think it will be laggy in 7 days..since M$ locked down the OS and hardware it limits functionality thus reduces that risk...the biggest question comes on what would be the next leap for WP7..if its large enough it may leave the slower 1ghz snapdragons behind completely..and with lack of tweak ability to overclock and other tweaks it might loose out...similar to the original iphone..
When this phone gets the full OS update next year,
It is a very high chance that it will become slow.

The rumors are that the Win7 OS thats on phones now
is actually more of an incomplete demo/beta
compared to the full "update" version.

There are clues to the fact that the OS system may be huge and encompassing over more than is expected.

One clue is that the OS will reformat AND integrate the memcard,
as part of it's OS.

1-That leads me to believe that this is done in anticipation for the existing devices out now,
which will not have enough rom space to load or operate it properly.

2- OR it could be a technique to increase data speed for the gaming.
3- Or just another way to lock the system down like an Iphone.

Either way, it's not aimed at experienced users who like control over the UI.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

flofy22 is a n00b

jejejeje obiously tp pro its better but i update my phone to the epic i think android is the future and a lot of more features good post !

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro