PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 06:46 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC 7 Pro (aka How the TP2 Should have been) EPIC WIN!!!!!

After a rousing debate with my fellow geeks, I thought we should look at this device in a different light.

I was told that the Touch Pro 2 was said to be "what the Touch Pro should have been" so now let's look at the HTC 7 Pro in the same way.

Comparing the HTC 7 Pro to the Touch Pro 2 makes the HTC 7 Pro look much better!

More than double the processing power and speed!
Double the RAM!
8GB or 16GB built in! (depending on which fact sheet you look at)
Same big 3.6" screen!
Same great HTC keyboard!
Capacitive touch screen with multitouch!
LED flash!
5MB Camera!
WiFi b/g/n!
And of course Windows Phone 7 OS!

Tell me what other current or upcoming Sprint phone has better specs than that*

*Bigger screen, secondary camera and 4G data do not necessarily meet the requirements of the phrase better specs

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:07 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: HTC 7 Pro (aka How the TP2 Should have been) EPIC WIN!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
After a rousing debate with my fellow geeks, I thought we should look at this device in a different light.

I was told that the Touch Pro 2 was said to be "what the Touch Pro should have been" so now let's look at the HTC 7 Pro in the same way.
Yes..the Win 7 Pro is what TP2 should have been minus WP7...but pulling the same trick twice only works so far >.>

Don't get me wrong..its not a horrible device..but by the time it comes out it will already be greatly outspecced..and people are just frustrated by that.

Quote:
Tell me what other current or upcoming Sprint phone has better specs than that*

*Bigger screen, secondary camera and 4G data do not necessarily meet the requirements of the phrase better specs

Epic 4g? which has a Hummingbird processor, PowerVR SGX540, Super AMOLED, 6 axis accelometer, bluetooth 3.0, 16gb + 1gb off the batt..expandable to 32gb + 1gb...must I continue? also Verizon is prob getting a 1.2ghz iphone and a 1.2ghz android phone soon...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 10-18-2010 at 07:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Threadstarter

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

tread lightly, for you tread upon my dreams
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Specs don't mean that much if the OS is crappy.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Threadstarter

Just a few more weeks and we'll be able to walk into AT&T or T-Mobile and try out Windows Phone 7 for ourselves! Woohoo!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:00 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface22 View Post
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Specs don't mean that much if the OS is crappy.
Thats not true..Nvidia says better specs means they could render the blue screen of death faster!

Though realistically winmo was considered slow and unbearable..but once it got a 1ghz processor even winmo started to shine a bit.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Thats not true..Nvidia says better specs means they could render the blue screen of death faster!

Though realistically winmo was considered slow and unbearable..but once it got a 1ghz processor even winmo started to shine a bit.

I don't see why they didn't have a better processor to start with. Who tests the phones before they hit the market? lol
Old 10-19-2010, 11:21 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i really like you op from old days and i must say you will fight whoever is in you way of getting this phone and its rather nice to see someone so excited about a phone. (i still dont like it) lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'll Humor you. I like that it has WP7, keeps the Tilt Function, it has dual speakers now and a 1GHz proc.

Gun Doggy Bull Dodga of the WP7 Gang

P7
Old 10-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Threadstarter

Meh, I'm not gung-ho about getting this phone, but it's the best WP7 phone announced for Sprint so far, so I've got to keep my outlook positive.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro