PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 10:16 AM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am a Plantronics fan and used the Voyager 510 for over a year. It's a great headset, but it's pretty big. I have the same problem with the Jawbone as that thing is huge. I have gone through numerous headsets including Motorola and Jabra, but found them to have inadequate volume for calls in noisy environments.

I bought a newly released Plantronics stereo bluetooth headset called the Voyager 855 and it's a great convertible headset, as the package provides an extra ear bud if you want to listen to music in stereo. They are also selling this headset as the Voyager 815 for less money without the extra (stereo) ear bud. This headset is really small, but has decent volume. I like the ear bud design (three size options), as it makes a seal in the ear canal to block outside noises. It has numerous other features you can see here http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...57/prod5880002.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

garberfc is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc View Post
I bought a newly released Plantronics stereo bluetooth headset called the Voyager 855 and it's a great convertible headset, as the package provides an extra ear bud if you want to listen to music in stereo. They are also selling this headset as the Voyager 815 for less money without the extra (stereo) ear bud. This headset is really small, but has decent volume. I like the ear bud design (three size options), as it makes a seal in the ear canal to block outside noises. It has numerous other features you can see here http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...57/prod5880002.
Those do look nice! What phone are you using them with? I have the HTC PPC-6800. Has anyone used them with it?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

garberfc is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by garberfc View Post
Those do look nice! What phone are you using them with? I have the HTC PPC-6800. Has anyone used them with it?
PCMag didn't give it a very good review: "But the Voyager 855's lopsided look and poor stereo sound quality make it better in theory than in practice." http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2210946,00.asp
Old 11-16-2007, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris / Blackberry Bold
Carrier: Verizon

kingjoelking is a n00b
Has anyone tried the Motorola S9?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Anyone got any links where to get a jawbone for cheaper than 70 shipped? thats how much i found it for...
Old 11-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjoelking View Post
Has anyone tried the Motorola S9?

Yes, don't waste your time. Or, buy from a local store so you can more easily return it.

It seems to work ok but the back part of it suspends/bobs behind your head making it look like you're from planet S9.

The HT820 makes you look like Princess Leia...while many others with the blinking lights makes you look Borg-ish.

I'm waiting for something stylish as well as good stereo support. Yeah, I know...I'm a dreamer.
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm pre

devren is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to devren Send a message via Skype™ to devren
I used to use the HT820s but they I quickly got tired of the stairs and stupid questions. I then picked up the sony DS970s. They look like regular earphones with a small bluetooth dongle hanging between them. I can tuck that into my shirt and know one even knows I am using bluetooth. I also use the jawbone for my calls and I really like it. Places like on the light rail where no one could hear me before, I can actually have a conversation with the jawbone.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Just wished I could find a place that I could sample (or at least view) the DS-980 or the Jawbone. I like both, but not quite sure which one to get just yet.
Now if they would just make the Jawbone with an adapter for stereo (like the Voyager855) then they would have an unbeatable product...IMO
Old 11-18-2007, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: centro
Carrier: vzw

jhonny11 is a n00b
Raging - are you vzw? If so you can purchase the jawbone from them on the web and then return it to the store after checking it out. It's terrific
Old 11-18-2007, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

unitypunk is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to unitypunk Send a message via MSN to unitypunk
nopeee.. best headset is the HT820 from motorola.

(RIP)Xv-6700 #7
(POS)Pantech Pn-820 (dead, and proud of it. lol)
(Current)Vzw Touch Pro
http://unity.hopto.org

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache