PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

quazimodem is keeping up the good workquazimodem is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I was looking at the Jawbone and I'm sure it's as good as it's advertising but I don't like wearing something that draws too much attention.

I chose the Jabra JX10 instead. It's small, discreet, and very light. I've only had it for a week but it seems to work perfectly for me. I'm considering getting some eargels though to make it a better fit... we'll see though, I've only used it when I'm driving.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: w
Carrier: f

jph8tr is a n00b
Previous to my problems (headset shuts off on its own), I would have recommended the Nxzen line as less ostentatious alternative to the Jawbone. Unfortunately, their customer support sucks big time. It took almost a month to get a RMA and it will be at least 3 weeks before I'll see a 5500 again. I found out the Gennum headset division was sold to Cellpoint on 8/10, apparently for the noise canceling technology only.

DON'T BUY A NXZEN!!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pgdeaner is a n00b
Jawbone FTW

I was just at the wireless store in the pittsburgh airport having a discussion with a fellow road warrior regarding our experiences with bluetooth headsets. We had both owned half a dozen or more (plantronics, jabra, nokia, sony) and were discussing the jawbone.

Both talk time and performance are important when you are on the road for extended periods and in and out of airports, rental cars and hotels.

We both decided that between what we knew, what we had heard from others, and the demo unit that we saw at the store that the jawbone was the way to go. I'll update in a week when I have had a chance to really use it but so far I'm impressed. Voice clarity and comfort are both very good.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

ejqr5 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ejqr5
I've heard the same about the Jawbone. I currently have a plantronics explorer 510 and it works great except when I'm driving with my windows open (no AC). I'm getting a Jawbone this weekend. I hope it's worth the investment. Will let y'all know how it does.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Lurker

tomgyro is a n00b
Got the Jawbone from Shopcell for $79 plus S&H. Works outside just over 30 feet with no static at all and drops out at about 75 feet. Works just like the demo video. The only thing was it was advertized as silver and to my eyes it is grey. But I'm not fashion savy. Just doller savy. Been working 3 days with Hemi new core, all three BT options added, didn't have to do a thing to pair ! Well, no special stuff anyway.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue
Carrier: metroPCS

ahernandez4110 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ahernandez4110
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivkamath View Post
Guys

I have the Motorola HS 850 Bluetooth Headset for about 6 months now. I am not quite happy with it. The sound is very low. It does not fit well on my ear and i need to pair my phone with BT headset almost ever other day.

I have now decided to buy a new BT Headset and wanted to ask you all whats the best one out there?

Thanks
The Samsung WEP200 you can buy it on e-bay for about $20.00 It retails in stores for around $80.00 I have the Motorola S9 Stereo and the Samsung WEP200 they work great....
Old 11-01-2007, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

unitypunk is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to unitypunk Send a message via MSN to unitypunk
ht820.

best ever.
(RIP)Xv-6700 #7
(POS)Pantech Pn-820 (dead, and proud of it. lol)
(Current)Vzw Touch Pro
http://unity.hopto.org
Old 11-01-2007, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

avaya is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahernandez4110 View Post
The Samsung WEP200 you can buy it on e-bay for about $20.00 It retails in stores for around $80.00 I have the Motorola S9 Stereo and the Samsung WEP200 they work great....
The wep200 for $20 on ebay is most likely a fake. They do work but not as well as the orgininal.

buyer beware....

avaya
Old 11-02-2007, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: centro
Carrier: vzw

jhonny11 is a n00b
If you are not in high volume areas, then there are many that compare to the jawbone. However, the jawbone has the Best noise suppression. Hands down. I have used it in my car with the volume of the radio so loud I had to yell into it just to hear myself talk, and on the other end, they could barely hear a thing (of the music) and my voice was only a little distorted (hopefully you don't talk to people while vacuuming, but it does work...

It is a little sensitive to wind (if it's blowing on your face for instance) but then again, I haven't used any headsets that weren't. The jabra jx10 was good, not as good. Several Plantronics - same...

The whole package is about $80 on ebay, although the headset alone (no charger) is about $30. I may need another headset (have had mine about a year) but have been hard on it. Keep it in my pocket mostly

Also - I do not use the over the ear thing (hate those, want quick on and off) so instead bought some of the older jabra ear gels. They fit over the end fairly well, and with it just sticks in the ear. Holds pretty well over all - easy in an out (except when the gel stays in the ear on ocsasion
Old 11-02-2007, 09:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue
Carrier: metroPCS

ahernandez4110 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ahernandez4110
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaya View Post
The wep200 for $20 on ebay is most likely a fake. They do work but not as well as the orgininal.

buyer beware....

avaya
No its not a Fake its all Original OEM Version I have it and I use it with my XV-6700 and My PS3... And the sound and connections to my device are great...

WEP200
FCC ID:UD5WEP20X
IC:6603A-WEP20X
20X-SEC-WEP20X
3.7V;100mA
CE0197

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache