PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint

dprout69 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
Don't do that?
Sorry, completely my mistake... let me rephrase... any other intelligent suggestions?
Old 08-17-2007, 08:38 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yeah, sorry. Seriously, why are you viewing images in the \Windows folder?

That's not a normal place to put images, and it is one of the most overloaded folders on the device, which will make poorly written apps struggle and die.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

BenRivera is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma
There's your problem. VC 1.5 doesn't work on AKU 3.5. You need VC 1.6. The OEM for Voice Command is created with VC 1.6.
Quote:
Bluetooth audio routing is working except for Caller ID
If you have a Windows Mobile 5.0 device prior to build 15097.3.0.0, you will not be able to receive spoken caller ID notifications through the Bluetooth headset. Windows Mobile with build number the same or higher than build 15097.3.0.0 includes support for Inband ringtone which is the mechanism that Voice Command uses for announcing caller ID information while the phone is ringing.
Ben,
With a few non-repeatable exceptions, this feature (bluetooth caller id) has never worked out of the box for any rom on the 6700, no matter what OS build number is reported. Search for a little app called "ID Transfer" by Bad Sector. He'll fix you up. tmb
I only posted the MS-VC issue as a reference, I am actually trying to get it announced over the speaker. I was working on the last Big J Rom before the Hybrid version.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa
Optional_PocketCM_0.9: new
There seems to be an excess settings.ini files in this OEM. One in the theme.cmt and one sitting with the other files.
Good catch. I noticed the lack of a settings.ini in the developers .zip, but there wasn't anything about a change in architecture in the release notes. Turns out the old settings.ini from earlier releases is now incuded in the theme.cmt file. New zips for Optional_PocketCM and Optional_PocketCMKeyboard (removed french dictionary) already up.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint

dprout69 is just getting started
Quote:
Yeah, sorry. Seriously, why are you viewing images in the \Windows folder?

That's not a normal place to put images, and it is one of the most overloaded folders on the device, which will make poorly written apps struggle and die.
It's not where I put my pictures... it's where pics get put sometimes (from program installations etc.) and as I was scrolling thru, I clicked on a .gif and noticed it was locking up the program and locking up the system for all practical purposes (as it was running and causing slow downs, pimg program was just not visible and if you try to use it again it wont open). Looking in other folders where I actually put pics, pimg.exe works fine, but not in windows. There has to be a reason behind it and I'm curious now as to whether this is a 1.04 thing or has it always been like this.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Lurker

young.till.i.die is a n00b
Auto-answer in speakerphone mode after 1 ring?

lemme start off by stating i LOVE this kitchen. the only problem i've had with this version was the weatherpanel update issue which is now resolved.

my experience today was really weird. hopefully i'm not the only one.

lemme start off by stating my phone ran out of juice last night. it was dead. charging the phone back up seemed to be a crap shoot. i tried to charge it in my car but the phone wouldn't recognize the charge. i plugged it in to several of my ac chargers to no avail. it finally started charging with my girlfriend's adapter so i let it fully charge. thought it was strange.

So my mom calls early this morning. I was already awake just not motivated to get out of bed yet. the phone is across the room on my dresser. it rang once then i hear mom yelling "hello? hello??". The phone auto-answered after one ring in speakerphone mode. The strange thing is that even though the call was already live, the phone showed the to incoming call options: Answer and Ignore. Because these options were still displayed, i couldn't get to the options to disable the speakerphone.

I did a soft reset thinking the phone was hung up in some funky state. I received a couple of calls afterwards, all correctly ringing until I decide to answer or ignore the call.

then the same thing happened. a friend called earlier this afternoon. The phone auto answered and i couldn't turn off speakerphone.

anyone have any suggestions? i'm stumped.

--------------------------

A - Always
B - Be
C - Closing
Old 08-18-2007, 07:05 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprout69
Looking in other folders where I actually put pics, pimg.exe works fine, but not in windows. There has to be a reason behind it and I'm curious now as to whether this is a 1.04 thing or has it always been like this.
There is... In a kitchen rom \Windows has a bazillion files in it. Which, as I said, will seriously confuse some apps, esp. if they are poorly written.

I'm guessing that pimg is scanning the entire folder when launched, looking for image files, and that means its gonna take a long time. And probably eat up a bunch of ram.

So, it may well be the best idea to just not do that, or failing that find some other image display app and give it a try.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprout69
Looking in other folders where I actually put pics, pimg.exe works fine, but not in windows. There has to be a reason behind it and I'm curious now as to whether this is a 1.04 thing or has it always been like this.
There is... In a kitchen rom \Windows has a bazillion files in it. Which, as I said, will seriously confuse some apps, esp. if they are poorly written.

I'm guessing that pimg is scanning the entire folder when launched, looking for image files, and that means its gonna take a long time. And probably eat up a bunch of ram.

So, it may well be the best idea to just not do that, or failing that find some other image display app and give it a try.
The bazillion files sometimes breaks programs because:
a) they statically allocated a buffer they never thought would be exceeded...and it was
b) they expected only pics in the folder, and choke when they run across something else
c) they open the file to see what it is...and choke on really big files
d) limited memory resources. Use an external tool to check available memory _while_ the pic is loading (not before, not after) to detect this problem.

The easiest way to debug a problem that results from the above is to make sure the app can open the pic that fails in a different directory with only the pic in it. If that works, start adding other junk from the original directory and see what happens. Usually poorly written software will fail spectacularly at some point, rather than just a general loss of performance as you add files.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Deep Thinker

I've created a new .zip of Pocket Plus OEM:
Experimental_Optional_SPB_Pocket_Plus_3.2.0_OPT.zi p

You can find it in my ftp ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Apache/New%20Core%20OEMs/GGuruUsa/

This OEM is a replacement for the existing OEM - do not install it on top of the existing OEM. It should have all features working (including themes). Included in the .zip is DLL_Invoker2.exe. DLL_Invoker2.exe should be placed in the OEM folder of your choice...eventually I'll probably make a standard kitchen OEM, OEM_KitchenTools for helper apps. For now, you can place it in the pocket plus oem or in you custom settings OEM - the goal is to have it in \Windows when all is said and done.

I need some testing of this build - don't install it unless you can handle lockups on boot (it doesn't on mine, but it's a definite possiblity depending on what other OEMs are mixed in). Specifically, I'm looking for verification that all features work and verification that device does not consistently lock on first boot (and if it does, that it doesn't lock on the next boot). If you have problems, please list your symptom and any OEMs you included in your ROM.

For the curious, DLL_Invoker2 is a homebrew I whipped up just to see if I can get Pocket Plus themes working. If you try and use it for another purpose, don't be suprised if it, um, has unwanted side effects. I'll eventually release a generalized version if this PPlus OEM test works satisfactorily.ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Apache/New%20Core%20OEMs/GGuruUsa/
Old 08-19-2007, 12:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910 w/Adrynalyne WM6.1 v1.5 rom
Carrier: Verizon

UnstoppableDrew is a n00b
Having a problem with BuildOS. I added my own oem which I have used before for the game Atomic Cannon. I created the option.xml file using the helper, and when I try to build, it throws the error:

The target file "temp\dump\gx.dll" is a directory, not a file.

In my oem folder it is a file. Not sure what's happening here. Any suggestions ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache