PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Helmi Official AKU 3.5 Kitchen 1.0.4 Bugs / Patches

Here's a bug collection thread for Helmi Official AKU 3.5 Kitchen, Release 1.0.4. I'm going to try to gather bugs into this first message, so folks don't need to poke all over to find them.

If you have bug please let us know...
Please be specific.
Please provide steps to reproduce.

=================
=== Resolved Bugs ===
=================

SPB Shell and SPB Weather can't be installed at the same time
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacock93
If you include both SPB Shell and SPB Weather you will get a BuildOS error stating that "CitiesDb.dat" already exists. I tried deleteing it from SPB Weather both then it will not run once installed. It states that it is missing and can't find it. I did not try to delete it from SPB Shell and install it. I just left SPB Weather out of my rom.
Please see gguruusa's post for an updated OEM.

Weatherpanel Radar Maps
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachspda
any one having trouble with weatherpanel radar images updating I checked the radar file in the oem. It seems that the images are not available ... did the source change
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2678
zack, I am also having this problem. I changed my weather image from NA-USA-VA to NA USA EAST coast Infrared, and that one loaded but I don't like it as much. The first one won't load Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview
Create a new image source with the url
http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mo.../inmsirXX_.gif

Replace the XX with your state abbreviation.
This worked for me. I also had problems with the stock images not working.
SMS Message Mixed into From field / various other SMS issues
Many SMS related issues are related to allowing the extrom carrier customizations to load. If using the kitchen please be sure to not allow this by resetting your phone during it's initial boot at the approximate juncture, or by clearing ones extrom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
Just to reiterate for anyone else reading, so there is no confusion--by checking the box for your carrier while building your ROM you have already included all of the "good" parts of the ExtROM contents into the ROM itself--you should therefore never allow the ExtROM to install on the first boot (do a soft reset at the "customize your device in 3 seconds" box). To save yourself that hassle in the future also include the "Unlock and Unhide ExtROM" OEM (it is selected by default). Then you can tap the "ExtROM Unlock" application in Start->Programs, navigate to "Extended_ROM2" using file explorer, and delete out all that crap. Once it's gone you won't ever have to worry about preventing it from installing.
Can't Change Input Method
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz?
On the Settings >> Input options, you can select any of the optional input types. But, the selection is immediately forgotten once you leave the Settings >> Input screen. The selection always reverts back to "Keyboard".
This can be partially addressed use the SIPChange OEM, which will let you set the input method to use after the next reset.

MIssing files from OEM_Comm_Manager_Newest
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
Well I'm leaving in a day or so for ten days, but thought I would upload this fix before I leave. These four graphic files are missing from the Optional_Comm_Manager_Newest OEM (which is the 10-button). The files were ommitted from the cab that I made that OEM from, accidentally I assume.

The problem (reported by at least one person) is only noticable if you set the volume to "OFF" using some other means (volume meter or a profile app) and then try to go into Comm Manager, the volume button will be blank (in portrait view only).

Anyway, unzip the attached zip file into the OEM\OEM_Comm_Manager_Newest folder (I included an already-rebuilt DSM file to save you the trouble). Or, to fix the problem after you've built your ROM just take the four PNG files and copy them into the \Wndows folder on your device. Then soft reset to finish.

Also, these PNGs have already been compressed by Kolano (I pulled them from the 9-button comm manager in the last kitchen release) so they're extra small for you
Available from luv2chill's post.

SPB Pocket Plus Themes Don't Work
The icons of SPB Pocket Plus should change when one of its EXT Themes is selected, but do not.

guruusa has posted a experimental corrected OEM

===========
=== Bugs ===
===========

Oversize text in Java apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc403
hey all. I noticed that since upgrading from original kitchen rom to latest 1.02, 1.03, 1.04 etc that the GMail Java app does not format correctly under the Intent Java Midlet Manager. Even if I have the "use smaller texts" setting, the font is still jumbo sized.

Is anyone else having the same issue? Is there any way to resolve this?
Freezing Due to Resets in Cradle
If the phone is restarted while in it's cradle, or if restarted and then immediately placed in the cradle it will freeze during the second boot screen.

Does this occur on a stock phone?

SPB Diary / TripYzee Conflict
There is a conflict between SPB Diary and Optional_TripYzee in that they both want to use \Windows\Skins to store their skins. This does not seem to effect TripYzee, but in SPB Diary "RedDice" shows up as a available, but unusable skin.

Reminder notifications don't display if they wake up the phone
I'm seeing a problem where I can't get the "Reminder" notification to pop up. I see the bell in the top task bar, and "Reminder" appears in my bottom bar, but clicking "reminder"/using the softkey have no effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckgeek
I've been having the same problem with kitchen 1.02 and 1.03 , for me it always happens when a reminder wakes the phone up. As long as the phone is on it is not an issue.
HTC Home & Windows Live Conflict Causing Freezing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins
after hard reset:

-Setup Yahoo Go, soft reset, no problems.
-Setup Live Messenger, soft reset, no problems.
-Enabled WeatherPanel plugin, soft reset, no problems.
-Enabled HTC Home plugin, soft reset, hangs @ WM screen.

next hard reset:

-Enabled & configured WeatherPanel, WP-Pilot & HTC Home Plugins, soft reset, no problems.
-Setup Yahoo Go, soft reset, no problems.

I'm not gonna try to setup Live, as logical deduction would surely result in yet another hard reset & I ain't do that again today, lol.

So it looks like you are correct, there is some kinda of conflict between HTC Home & Windows Live. For now I will do w/o Live until there is a resolution.
===================
=== Enhancements ===
===================

Diable Data Connect on Initial Boot
Even with the "NoData" OEM selected, if apps that utilize the data connection are selected as part of the ROM, they will connect. This may be undesirable if you do not have a data plan.

Please see this post for OEMs to address this.

PocketCM .10
gguruusa has provided a PockectCM OEM.

Optional_PocketCM_0.10.zip

PocketCM Keyboard .5
gguruusa has provided a PocketCM Keyboard OEM.

Optional_PocketCM_KeyboardEN_0.5.zip

Total Commander public beta 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa
public beta 3 is a lot bigger, not much different.
Actual updates are:
v2.5 public beta 3:
- Added: Windows installer now warns if ActiveSync or the Mobile Device Center 6.1 (Vista) isn't installed.
- Added: Windows installer now supports Windows Vista.
- Fixed: Wrong textbox height in editor on high dpi devices.
- Added: Let the user choose between horizontal and vertical icon arrangement in 2 window mode.
- Added: Large icon view: Also support half size icons.
- Added: Let the user choose smaller icon sizes: 8x8,12x12,16x16 pixels on QVGA devices, 16x16,24x24,32x32 on VGA.
- Fixed: Replaced true color icons by 256 color icons, true color were hanging a WinCE2 device. Also removed 2 bit b/w icon, it caused black background.
- Fixed: Context menu not working in root, sometimes opening file in other panel.

v2.5 public beta 3 pre:
- Fixed: Resizing of properties dialog when switching between portrait and landscape mode.
- Fixed: Tree: Opening the tree with ENTER on "Tree" button closed it again immediately.
- Added: New icons from TC7 for Windows now also in the Pocket version.
- Fixed: Open ZIP in both panels (or use single panel mode): When unpacking from ZIP subdir, TC/CE suggested a ZIP file as the target.
- Fixed: WM5: Holding down the action button didn't bring up the context menu.
- Fixed: WM5: Tree view not reacting to action button (ENTER), and only partially to RIGHT arrow: Expanding only previously expanded branches.
- Fixed: Incorrect panel resize in the following case: Turn off second button bar, rotate screen, turn second bar back on.
- Fixed: Search for text in registry gives no result unless "Unicode" is checked -> check it by default, remember separately from the rest of the system.
- Fixed: Change attributes no longer worked.
- Fixed: FTP: Don't show sizes for symbolic links, they are irrelevant - show instead.
- Fixed: Show "Receive via Infrared" again on PocketPCs on Tap&Hold on the list background.
- Fixed: Wrong tooltip shown during FTP connection for plugins icon (still showed 'pack with zip').
- Fixed: Rename multiple files: default button was Copy instead of Move.
- Fixed: Used newer version of CabWizSP.exe to create smartphone installer -> fixes bug with incorrect icon path when installing to storage card.
- Fixed: CE3 and Smartphone versions: Removed creation of shortcuts on Desktop (non-existing) and My Documents folders.
- Fixed: Updated help files.

Total Commander beta 3

Improved TCPMP
This OEM from Nick has a significantly smaller common.dll file (131k vs 381k), and includes the YouTube Downloader.

Optional_J_Tcpmp_v81(6-12-07).zip
(not sure why url tag doesn't work)

Weatherpanel Upades
There are a few important updates for WeatherPanel, described here.

GGuruUsa has provied an updated OEM...
Optional_WeatherPanel.zip

Fieldtrial Shortcut
tomgyro has updated the FieldTrial OEM to add a Fieldtrial icon in Programs.
Updated FieldTrial OEM

===================
=== Old Bug Threads ===
===================

1.0.3 Bugs / Patches
1.0.2 Bugs / Patches
1.0.1 Bugs / Patches
Old 08-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Yay no bugs yet

FRIENDLY REMINDER TO EVERYONE

If you are seeing "The system cannot find the file specified" errors in createrom and/or are getting an Error 103 from the RUU app then it means that you used a prj file from an old kitchen folder.

MAKE IT A HABIT TO MOVE, RENAME, or DELETE ALL PRIOR KITCHEN FOLDERS BEFORE RUNNING CREATEROM
Old 08-06-2007, 02:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Cooked, flashed, and running nicely. Nothing to report here so far.

I actually remembered to put the Joker splash screen in this one too, hehe.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

nkawal is becoming a great contributor
Pocket CM.06 Not working

just flashed , everything works fine except the threaded texting, no one is getting my texts, re-flashed and installed contact manager .11 and everything test ok....
Old 08-06-2007, 09:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

indoe is keeping up the good workindoe is keeping up the good work
Getting WMV9/WMA9 not supported with tcpmp errors

this just happen to me after rom update. im going to try this ill report back if it works or not
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...media+player+9

- update
that worked! make sure to reboot after
Old 08-06-2007, 10:16 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
So should we pop those codecs into the kitchen? Looks like you'd just add them to the WMP OEM?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

nobrakes is just getting started
internet sharing error

'IntShrUI' is not a valid Pocket PC application

but Wireless Modem works

refashed it now it works
Old 08-06-2007, 11:06 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
After flashing, hard reset, then adjusting everything, after 1st soft reset, hung @ WM screen, soft reset about 7x, would not boot.....had to hard reset again.

The only OEM I added to the kitchen was Google maps. The only app I installed after the hard reset was Magic Button.

After the 2nd hard reset & gettin everything back to the way it was, I've soft reset a couple times, with no problems.

On a side note, I changed it up abit in this Kitchen......Luv the 6 buttom HTC plug in, and the ibliss dialer.

Thanks to everyone that created this kitchen.....very nice!

**EDIT**

I back to hanging again @ the WM screen. The only things I've done since last successfull soft reset is.... add 1 pop email,setup Yahoo Go (the 1 from the kitchen OEM), and setup Live Messenger.

I'm gonna hard reset again, then see what happens after configuring Yahoo Go.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Are you soft resetting while connected to the PC? That seems to cause hangs sometimes (I have seen it and others have reported it as well).

Try disabling all 3rd party today plugins for a while (yes, including HTC Home) and see if you still get hangs at the boot screen.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:34 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
no, I'm not connect to a pc when trying to soft reset. Ok, I hard reset again, did the usual settings tweaking (change ringer, theme..etc), then went on to setting up the OEM programs:

Setup Yahoo Go, then soft reset.....no problem
Setup Live Messenger, then soft reset.....hanging @ WM screen.

Tried to soft reset 5x. I hadn't installed Magic button yet, or Outlook or pop email. I'm gonna hard reset again, then disable HTC, then try Yahoo & Live again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache