PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 04:44 PM
N00b

EmoRebellion is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is anyone else having an issue with the today page updating? If I make any changes (either to a plugin, or a today item), they dont show up until I soft reset, or change the theme.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rfletch12 is a n00b
I've had similar issues with the today screen not updating untill i soft reset. I figured it was due to some of my own Reg customizations. i have a rgu file that organizes the today plugins in the order i want and only enables a couple of them. I'll report anything i find out in my testing.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:21 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Not happening in R0 (yeah, I'm still on R0)
Old 06-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Re: ## Codes - THEY WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by answerman
I have a screen capture of the CommManager as well... looks like only the uppercase letters show?

Like I said, more information than you really want, probably...
Well it was the detail I needed to reflash my phone identically (well almost, I needed to use the Verizon prj file). That is definitely helpful, so thanks.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to replicate your issue. I pulled up Comm Manager after flashing, and then again after resetting the phone. It started normally each time. It may be one of the other programs you listed as installing post flash that may be the cause, or some particular set of steps to trigger it I didn't replicate.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Would those having issues with frozen today screens please post which Today items they are using?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:39 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Ok, so buildOS never started? That can be due to several reasons. Usually it is because of an issue with the dsm or the xml. Usually it happens if there is a problem with the xml or there are duplicate UUIDs being referred to. Best thing to test is to add each OEM one by one and start buildOS as you go. This should allow you to identify the problem OEM(s). Then you can work from there.
BuildOS starts, but the window never opens up to give me the choices.
I'll try doing one-by-one.
I feel like an idiot.
You'll never guess which file was screwing things up.
Tetris. Who would've thought that Kevtris and Tetris were the same thing?

So I got a working ROM and now I have some minor issues before I reflash with a perfect one.

On reset, I'm getting an error about BTDWake not working and possibly needing to be reinstalled.

I'm also getting a message about storage memory being critically low, but I think that just because I botched the Sprite restore. On the next flash I'm hoping to not mess with the restore and just reinstall the few things that I want to reinstall. I was hoping that the Sprint customizations were the "PPC/NoJunk" cabs, but it tried to install all the garbage. Is there an OEM for the necessary Sprint cabs? Should the ROM be cleaning out Extended_ROM2? Is there a way to make it do this if it doesn't?

After the flash, a few things didn't appear to be there even though I had selected them and some that were there that I hadn't selected.
I put RescoExplorer in the kitchen and left Total commander out, yet the opposite happened.

I guess that's enough for now.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 PM
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
My "perfect" ROM wasn't so perfect.
I got a bunch of "snow", then whitescreen, then text only for setup screens... scared the piss out of me. Thought I was toast.
Checked and found that one possible cause is putting too much stuff in, so I recreated the ROM with a few less items and reflashed... so far so good.

I do wish I could keep the Sprint Junk off though.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
My "perfect" ROM wasn't so perfect.
I got a bunch of "snow", then whitescreen, then text only for setup screens... scared the piss out of me. Thought I was toast.
Checked and found that one possible cause is putting too much stuff in, so I recreated the ROM with a few less items and reflashed... so far so good.

I do wish I could keep the Sprint Junk off though.
The "Sys\*_Redist_DPI_96" folders hold the images that display during the setup. Usually text only setup indicate something went wrong with installing a theme.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Ok, so buildOS never started? That can be due to several reasons. Usually it is because of an issue with the dsm or the xml. Usually it happens if there is a problem with the xml or there are duplicate UUIDs being referred to. Best thing to test is to add each OEM one by one and start buildOS as you go. This should allow you to identify the problem OEM(s). Then you can work from there.
BuildOS starts, but the window never opens up to give me the choices.
I'll try doing one-by-one.
I feel like an idiot.
You'll never guess which file was screwing things up.
Tetris. Who would've thought that Kevtris and Tetris were the same thing?
I guess that's enough for now.

EXACT same thing happened to me as I was gathering all my OEMs into the OEM folder.
Had to add one at a time and run "Build OS" to make shure all was okay after each addition.
Now I am editing the "option" Xml files at the "group" part so as to better catagorize all these OEMs.
Making a note of every move I make,
Old 06-15-2007, 01:22 AM
The Source of Power

This is awesome.
One thing now.
Since the last JBabey rom that I installed, I haven't been able to get VM notifications.
I let all the Sprint customizations run and deleted the ones I didn't want.
Other than that, I didn't do anything to this ROM that I haven't done manually to other older ones.
I need this to work.
Please, anyone else see this that might have a solution? If you haven't seen it, any guesses as to what solution there might be to fix it?
[Preferably one that doesn't require reflashing again.]

UPDATE:
After a lot of tinkering... I got the VM notification to work. I went into the phone settings and cleared all VM and notifications. Then I ran the IOTA update. I also made sure that all the other phone settings were reset and reset pA alarms.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache