PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh wow, okay, then that must be the problem because I have a ton of stuff in the extended rom 2 folder, and I do recall it adding customization or whatever after I installed this new ROM...
Old 03-16-2007, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!

soggystockings is just getting started
yea that stuff has to go. Let me hook you up because J hooked me up. Do the sprint rom first. The link to it is some where in the site. Next follow those instructions I said or better yet look for the ones J gave me. I will attach the files you need to help you out. do the unlock ones first AFTER you reflashed sprints rom...GOOD LUCK!!

AGAIN LOOK FOR J's INSTRUCTIONS TO ME AND COMPARE THEM TO THE ONES I GAVE YOU FIRST!! Do his and you'll be ok but I think I covered it with the ones I gave you..

Old 03-16-2007, 08:10 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Excellent! Thanks man. Yeah, I found the instructions on page 7...

I'll get this updated as soon as I get home.

On a side note, JBabey, how is there not a Super Mario game on this ROM? The whole thing is a Mario theme, and there's a bunch of games on it, and not 1 Mario game?

The original Super Mario Brothers (arcade) would be awesome on this...
Old 03-16-2007, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggystockings
Quote:
Anyone having a freezing issue when you set up phonealarm to change profiles? I am not able to dial out or access the web "sometimes" after my profile has switched. A soft reset fixes the issue but it is a noosense to keep doing it. My radio rom is 1.27.00.

*EDIT*
Ok so now its the am and my profile went from night(service off) to home. It said I had a voicemail but when I went to press the voicemail icon I got an error message saying that there was no service or check the nuber and see if it was dialed correctly(of course it was). I eneded up soft reseting and NOW I have a voicemail and my emails came in as well....
Just wanted to get me down front...
Ok so got hoome from work. put the phone on fight mode(5:30) and now 8:30 put it on loud. I couldnt use the phone for any of the above things so I ended up soft reseting... to make it work again...
Old 03-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
First person that can fix the lowbattery-disconnecting call "feature" gets a hearty THANK YOU from at least one Raging Idiot.

-Rage
Old 03-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
yea that stuff has to go. Let me hook you up because J hooked me up. Do the sprint rom first. The link to it is some where in the site. Next follow those instructions I said or better yet look for the ones J gave me. I will attach the files you need to help you out. do the unlock ones first AFTER you reflashed sprints rom...GOOD LUCK!!

AGAIN LOOK FOR J's INSTRUCTIONS TO ME AND COMPARE THEM TO THE ONES I GAVE YOU FIRST!! Do his and you'll be ok but I think I covered it with the ones I gave you..
what does the apache_tool.cab do thats in the extrom.unlock.files.zip?
Old 03-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work
hey i just won paper mario with my seven yr old. can you post your theme and or the sounds separate, I dont have time to reinstall but would like the sounds...
Old 03-17-2007, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLex
Quote:

what does the apache_tool.cab do thats in the extrom.unlock.files.zip?
It lets you delete the JUNK in your rom...
Old 03-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Goodbye Sprint Hello Cingular iPhone!!!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

OKay, I flashed the latest Sprint ROM, then ran the unlocker and Apache tool, deleted everything out of the Sprint ROM and reflashed this BigJ ROM. I then soft reset (just to be safe) then loaded the stuff from soggystockings into the ext rom2, then hard reset. The phone installed phonealarm and the MMS cab. More imortantly, it's wORKING! Thanks everyone!

Now off to install all my software. By the way, has anyone found a better solution than the Windows Live Beta (not the search, but the new Pocket MSN type thing)? I really like having my hotmail in poutlook, and I also like having the push email on my hotmail. But I really hate how slow the Live Beta makes the device run, and how it kills the battery. Do all push email solutions kill the battery the way that Live Beta does? Do they all make it run so slow? Maybe tinkering with xcpuscalar will help with the speed issues, and an extended battery to help the battery issues...

Now, off to find Super Mario Brothers... Anyone know where a good place to find games for a Pocket PC is? Specifically, I want to find the original Super Mario Brothers (arcade version, not the console version). I think it would totally go with the spirit of this ROM...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache