PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 03:19 PM
N00b

lovingyou is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yes i did hard reset 2 time but it was still give me an error :error open the shortcut or locationing the target filename : thanks
Old 03-19-2007, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
Sooooo...anyone try to play with that ppc6600 picture mail application I put on the FTP yet? suuuuure would be radical to shoehorn it into this fine ROM....
Old 03-19-2007, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:27 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_2231
First, bigJ is a busy guy. You have opened up a lot of options, but are skimpy on a few details. You need to give very clear instructions on what you want BigJ to do. Do you want PHM? It isn't clear. I think PHM is supreme bloatware and xcpu does is cleaner and 10x simpler to use.

Concerning VJLumosII, good idea, but you need to be specific about how and where and what BigJ would need to do. For instance, which version to download? What settings should be in the registry for VJLum to do its job perfectly? Otherwise people will post 100 posts here on this already long thread asking how to xxx using VJLum. As I recall that VJLum was sort of buggy. Is v.II better?
I will compare and post the best version LumosII when I get a chance, since you pointed out more than one version, I will check.
EDIT: Posting cab below.

That was my only suggestion, as it is a unique utility.
I actually don't feel either overclocking programs should be in rom, since there are two to choose.

Few more comments for clarity:
PHM looks like bloatware and is not simple but always gives faster results:
My older 6700 was faster but newer units like my refurb can be set safely to:
CPU:520, Bus260, Mem130, LCD65

TCPMP simple benchmark of a vid was 807%.
PHM raised it to 1113%-overclocked at above settings.
Xcpu raised it to 933% overclocked at 520, but its Bus settings are stock 208.

With Lumos on both programs were faster.
PHM scored 1193%
Xcpu scored 1000%
Attached Files
File Type: zip vjlumosiicab_182.zip (4.2 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!
Carrier: Sprint

soggystockings is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134
Quote:
Originally Posted by soggystockings
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone having a freezing issue when you set up phonealarm to change profiles? I am not able to dial out or access the web "sometimes" after my profile has switched. A soft reset fixes the issue but it is a noosense to keep doing it. My radio rom is 1.27.00.

*EDIT*
Ok so now its the am and my profile went from night(service off) to home. It said I had a voicemail but when I went to press the voicemail icon I got an error message saying that there was no service or check the nuber and see if it was dialed correctly(of course it was). I eneded up soft reseting and NOW I have a voicemail and my emails came in as well....
Just wanted to get me down front...
Ok so got hoome from work. put the phone on fight mode(5:30) and now 8:30 put it on loud. I couldnt use the phone for any of the above things so I ended up soft reseting... to make it work again...

What version phone alarm?
Do you use parenthesis in phone number(i dont)?
What other today plugins used?
Whats your mem level?
Are you saving mail 2 storage?
Is your extrom visible?

Mayby you should try a fresh instal of 9.4 and just have phone alarm installed. Then start adding everything else untill you come across problem again..
I installed 9.4. The problem was due to one of the profiles having the radio "off". It needs to be on in all of the profiles.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:00 AM
N00b

lovingyou is a n00b
hi! all

after loading this file , everything was fine but i just got 1 issue that i can not use vibrated so please help . thanks
Old 03-20-2007, 02:21 AM
Lurker

BlackRT is a n00b
After a few days of using the 9.4 build my phone has become almost unusable. It locks up, wont reset and I am forced to hard reset.

Anyone else having these problems?
Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
I noticed you guys really helping each other out while i was on vacation, a huge Thank You!, you get a 1-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRT
After a few days of using the 9.4 build my phone has become almost unusable. It locks up, wont reset and I am forced to hard reset.

Anyone else having these problems?
older hardware revisions are unable to handle the amount of file caching I have specified in the registry, turn down the glyph cache from 16 megs to about 4 and reduce the File system to 2 and disable the FAT or turn it down to 2 as well.

in the next revision I will be turning some of the system caching down to accomodate older hardware revisions but not by much, you may still need to turn them down even more than I plan to in the next release. The registry entries are on page 1 at the bottom. if you are unfamiliar with wich keys im reffering to let me know and ill post them here.

because so many people are not comfortable editing the registry, i will most likely be adding back in the triangle-powers GUI hack program, you can then just load that up, make your changes (caching, LED, Cleartype, etc.) and soft reset.

these are the settings you need to turn down ( i would half them if your having that many problems)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Set this to 8096

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE]
"limit"=dword:16384
Disable the cache by setting the dword from 1 to 0

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\STORAGEMANAGER\FATFS]
"EnableCache"=dword:1
"CacheSize"=dword:4096
bring this down to about 8096

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\STORAGEMANAGER\FILTERS\F SREPLXFILT]
"ReplStoreCacheSize"=dword:16534
disable cleartype by setting this to 0, lower its impact by setting it to 1

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\CLEARTYPE]
"Quality"=dword:2
bring the filtercaching down to about 2046

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\STORAGEMANAGER\FILTERS\F SREPLXFILT]
"ReplStoreCacheSize"=dword:4096
++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know i got other questions to get to but i am mad jet-lagged and need to dig through the thread tomorow night or wed.

anyways, this should bring you very close to "stock-stable" with your device. (if stable and stock can even be used in the same sentence haha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingyou
hi! all

after loading this file , everything was fine but i just got 1 issue that i can not use vibrated so please help . thanks

this better be a joke... and even then, im really not laughing........ at all
Old 03-20-2007, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung code
Carrier: metropcs

vtigre is a n00b
I can send and receive regular sms, but not picture.
I don't know why.

I try to, but it always gets stuck in the outbox.
Im using the one in the poutlook. i click on sms, on the bottom of the screen, then go menu, new mms, and add pic etc, and click send.

i don't use that palm sms thing. I tried it, it didn't work either.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

FlyBoyUak is a n00b
After install, GREAT ROM!!

Three problems:

1. When I try to delete a file from Resco File Explorer, it tells me that the "trial version has expired". I cannot delete any files.

2. My battery life is significantly less than it use to be, I could use my phone all day and still be @ 80%, I'm @ 70% now and I just woke up two hours ago.

3. My vision stays on after I close PIE

Oh and is there anyway to get the default Spring start-up screens back? Not a HUGE fan of Mario. Thanks again!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyUak
After install, GREAT ROM!!

Three problems:

1. When I try to delete a file from Resco File Explorer, it tells me that the "trial version has expired". I cannot delete any files.

2. My battery life is significantly less than it use to be, I could use my phone all day and still be @ 80%, I'm @ 70% now and I just woke up two hours ago.

3. My vision stays on after I close PIE

Oh and is there anyway to get the default Spring start-up screens back? Not a HUGE fan of Mario. Thanks again!
1 - register the resco file explorer, it is indeed a retail program. you should not have difficulty if you have a valid registration key. Go to "FILE-OPTIONS-REGISTRATION"

2 - turn off the "time-sync" from the network feature, it forces vision open to sync the time, im actually removing this in my next release due to battery complaints, besides, not to hard to set the time yourself if you have to hard reset

3 - vision always stays on unless you open the comm manager or set whats called an "EVDO Disconnect Time". the next revision will have triangle-powers hax and you can check off the disconnect time box if you dont want to have to manually disconnect via the comm manager. (or click on the arrows and click disconnect).

4 - of course, read the STICKY on "how to change your boot screens"

Quote:
I can send and receive regular sms, but not picture.
I don't know why.

I try to, but it always gets stuck in the outbox.
Im using the one in the poutlook. i click on sms, on the bottom of the screen, then go menu, new mms, and add pic etc, and click send.

i don't use that palm sms thing. I tried it, it didn't work either.
you dont access MMS this way, there is several PAGES of information on how to send pictures. just to re-iterate however, you need to HOLD the stylus down on a picture and send it that way. you can also take a picture and hit "send via MMS" (some say it wont work that way, but it works for me and my co-workers). There are 2 complaints of video's not working. I think that particular issue however is exclusive to verizon, and i think its because arcsoft runs in their ext.rom during the customization, creating a conflict with the current settings. VZ also has an arcsoft "messaging box option" CAB file run that alters the behaviour of arcsoft.

++++++++++++++++

if you are vz having the video issue, go into your config.txt (unlock the ext.rom 1st) and remove these two cab files from the list of things that run in that file... once those entries are removed, hard reset, you should now have your customization run but WITHOUT those two cab files running (hell delete them for all i care.....er backup them up i mean).

Apache_VZW_MMS3.0.6.24_20060124.CAB

&

getMMSCtxMenuInfo.CAB

these two files running during customization seem to "break" your ability to send flix messages.

Hope this helps, keep me posted, if the issue is deeper than that ill bust out my toolbox.
Attached Files
File Type: zip apa_ext_rom_unlock_184.zip (3.3 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache