View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 10:31 AM
JBabey
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyUak
After install, GREAT ROM!!

Three problems:

1. When I try to delete a file from Resco File Explorer, it tells me that the "trial version has expired". I cannot delete any files.

2. My battery life is significantly less than it use to be, I could use my phone all day and still be @ 80%, I'm @ 70% now and I just woke up two hours ago.

3. My vision stays on after I close PIE

Oh and is there anyway to get the default Spring start-up screens back? Not a HUGE fan of Mario. Thanks again!
1 - register the resco file explorer, it is indeed a retail program. you should not have difficulty if you have a valid registration key. Go to "FILE-OPTIONS-REGISTRATION"

2 - turn off the "time-sync" from the network feature, it forces vision open to sync the time, im actually removing this in my next release due to battery complaints, besides, not to hard to set the time yourself if you have to hard reset

3 - vision always stays on unless you open the comm manager or set whats called an "EVDO Disconnect Time". the next revision will have triangle-powers hax and you can check off the disconnect time box if you dont want to have to manually disconnect via the comm manager. (or click on the arrows and click disconnect).

4 - of course, read the STICKY on "how to change your boot screens"

Quote:
I can send and receive regular sms, but not picture.
I don't know why.

I try to, but it always gets stuck in the outbox.
Im using the one in the poutlook. i click on sms, on the bottom of the screen, then go menu, new mms, and add pic etc, and click send.

i don't use that palm sms thing. I tried it, it didn't work either.
you dont access MMS this way, there is several PAGES of information on how to send pictures. just to re-iterate however, you need to HOLD the stylus down on a picture and send it that way. you can also take a picture and hit "send via MMS" (some say it wont work that way, but it works for me and my co-workers). There are 2 complaints of video's not working. I think that particular issue however is exclusive to verizon, and i think its because arcsoft runs in their ext.rom during the customization, creating a conflict with the current settings. VZ also has an arcsoft "messaging box option" CAB file run that alters the behaviour of arcsoft.

++++++++++++++++

if you are vz having the video issue, go into your config.txt (unlock the ext.rom 1st) and remove these two cab files from the list of things that run in that file... once those entries are removed, hard reset, you should now have your customization run but WITHOUT those two cab files running (hell delete them for all i care.....er backup them up i mean).

Apache_VZW_MMS3.0.6.24_20060124.CAB

&

getMMSCtxMenuInfo.CAB

these two files running during customization seem to "break" your ability to send flix messages.

Hope this helps, keep me posted, if the issue is deeper than that ill bust out my toolbox.
Attached Files
File Type: zip apa_ext_rom_unlock_184.zip (3.3 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!