View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 AM
JBabey
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
I noticed you guys really helping each other out while i was on vacation, a huge Thank You!, you get a 1-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRT
After a few days of using the 9.4 build my phone has become almost unusable. It locks up, wont reset and I am forced to hard reset.

Anyone else having these problems?
older hardware revisions are unable to handle the amount of file caching I have specified in the registry, turn down the glyph cache from 16 megs to about 4 and reduce the File system to 2 and disable the FAT or turn it down to 2 as well.

in the next revision I will be turning some of the system caching down to accomodate older hardware revisions but not by much, you may still need to turn them down even more than I plan to in the next release. The registry entries are on page 1 at the bottom. if you are unfamiliar with wich keys im reffering to let me know and ill post them here.

because so many people are not comfortable editing the registry, i will most likely be adding back in the triangle-powers GUI hack program, you can then just load that up, make your changes (caching, LED, Cleartype, etc.) and soft reset.

these are the settings you need to turn down ( i would half them if your having that many problems)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Set this to 8096

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE]
"limit"=dword:16384
Disable the cache by setting the dword from 1 to 0

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\STORAGEMANAGER\FATFS]
"EnableCache"=dword:1
"CacheSize"=dword:4096
bring this down to about 8096

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\STORAGEMANAGER\FILTERS\F SREPLXFILT]
"ReplStoreCacheSize"=dword:16534
disable cleartype by setting this to 0, lower its impact by setting it to 1

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\CLEARTYPE]
"Quality"=dword:2
bring the filtercaching down to about 2046

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\STORAGEMANAGER\FILTERS\F SREPLXFILT]
"ReplStoreCacheSize"=dword:4096
++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know i got other questions to get to but i am mad jet-lagged and need to dig through the thread tomorow night or wed.

anyways, this should bring you very close to "stock-stable" with your device. (if stable and stock can even be used in the same sentence haha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingyou
hi! all

after loading this file , everything was fine but i just got 1 issue that i can not use vibrated so please help . thanks

this better be a joke... and even then, im really not laughing........ at all