PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

FlyBoyUak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[quote="JBabey"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyUak
After install, GREAT ROM!!

Three problems:

1. When I try to delete a file from Resco File Explorer, it tells me that the "trial version has expired". I cannot delete any files.

2. My battery life is significantly less than it use to be, I could use my phone all day and still be @ 80%, I'm @ 70% now and I just woke up two hours ago.

3. My vision stays on after I close PIE

Oh and is there anyway to get the default Spring start-up screens back? Not a HUGE fan of Mario. Thanks again!
1 - register the resco file explorer, it is indeed a retail program. you should not have difficulty if you have a valid registration key. Go to "FILE-OPTIONS-REGISTRATION"

2 - turn off the "time-sync" from the network feature, it forces vision open to sync the time, im actually removing this in my next release due to battery complaints, besides, not to hard to set the time yourself if you have to hard reset

3 - vision always stays on unless you open the comm manager or set whats called an "EVDO Disconnect Time". the next revision will have triangle-powers hax and you can check off the disconnect time box if you dont want to have to manually disconnect via the comm manager. (or click on the arrows and click disconnect).

4 - of course, read the STICKY on "how to change your boot screens"

Thanks so much!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
my "To-Do" list for 9.5 is getting to a point where I feel i need to build & test a 9.5, and possibly release before the next kitchen is out. Below is what im currently working on, i will be building myself, and my co-workers a 9.5 for testing early this week. If all goes well there should be an update this weekend barring anything unexpected or profound. I have a ton of great feedback, and ive seen some REALLY cool applications that you guys have sent me for testing. Some will hopefully make my next release, whereas others I havent had time to fully test for stability & speed. The UPX thing is a HUGE trial & error process, so there may not be many UPX'd applications in there aside from some of the games.

If im missing anything that weve talked about below, shoot me a PM, im still recovering from vacation!

:::Revision 9.5 TO DO LIST:::BLUE=DONE RED=WIP ORANGE=CANT DO MYSELF

-rebuild r9.5 once the new kitchen is released
-look into adding hitchhiker WIFI application
-look into replacing memmaid w/ taskmanager2.7 (i like free stuffs)
-disable sync time from network due to battery life complaints & the fact that it forces open activesync
-look into integrating a backup program... spb & backupcontacts seem to be the two im debating(PIM.VOL anyone.... hehe)
-debate adding in a safe-mode option (i dont feel its needed but you guys do some weird sh*t w/ your phones!)
-Try to persuade someone to build a Verizon ext.rom OEM so vz peeps can get rid of their ext.rom
-fix the missile command registry entries (forgot to put them in the OEM, oops)
-Create "BowMario" theme so users can get back the default (found the tools to do it, working on it)
-speed dial is working (in the menu) someone asked about putting the button back on the dialpad(researching, doesnt look possible)
-find a way to fully integrate MMS as an oem without the need for a cab to make registry entries and build the outlook-mms inbox (researching)
-integrate BT PAN fix if its not in the next kitchen
-put back in triangle-powers registry hack GUI for the n00bz
-debate reducing the file cache settings to be more "older hardware revision" friendly, i sure like the speed, but crashing is a no-no
Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
so i changed the config.txt file removing the those 2 files. i saved it (after changing the properties from read only), double checked and it was changed. hard reset and while i watched the verizon load...they loaded! so i went back and config.txt was changed back. eh. so i hard reset and didnt let verizon run but then went and ran all the cabs in the extrom except those 2. went to send a video, but there was no MMS loaded. i was so excited when i read your post! ill keep trying. you are incredible with what youve done with your rom...phenomenal
Old 03-20-2007, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
Hey I was trying to use Mobile Secretray on this ROM build and it gives me errors - anyone else using it?
Or...does anyone know of an app that will send an SMS message to my other phone if I miss a phone call?

Other requests for 9.5
chmreader.net still fails
ppc6600 picture mail application <--> anyone? annnnyone?

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by friguy3
so i changed the config.txt file removing the those 2 files. i saved it (after changing the properties from read only), double checked and it was changed. hard reset and while i watched the verizon load...they loaded! so i went back and config.txt was changed back. eh. so i hard reset and didnt let verizon run but then went and ran all the cabs in the extrom except those 2. went to send a video, but there was no MMS loaded. i was so excited when i read your post! ill keep trying. you are incredible with what youve done with your rom...phenomenal
if its reverting itself back its because you did not ever unlock the ROM. the file attached about 5 posts up will UNLOCK the rom, seeing it isnt unlocking it unfortunately.

oh and once you do that, did you remember to rerun the vzMMS-Registry.CAB? you could even just change one of the two your removing to the vzMMS-Registry.CAB and put that cab in your ext.rom.

let me know, thanks for trying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie
Hey I was trying to use Mobile Secretray on this ROM build and it gives me errors - anyone else using it?
Or...does anyone know of an app that will send an SMS message to my other phone if I miss a phone call?

Other requests for 9.5
chmreader.net still fails
ppc6600 picture mail application <--> anyone? annnnyone?

Thanks!
what is chmreader.net, can you please give me more details or be a little more specific as to what type of issue you are having and how I might duplicate the problem.

there is actually 3 different SMS on missed call applications ive come across, one of them is on ppcfreeware.com. maybe work with an alternative.

once again im not sure what mobile secretary is, or what type of errors you may be receiving.

more specifically does it work on other AKU 3.x roms, is it specific to my build?

regarding the 6600 picturemail cab you posted... how exactly does it work... what happens when you installed the cab on the 6700... what types of errors are you getting when you try and send a picturemail with it. Does it create an MMS inbox for outlook? details!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:15 PM
N00b

jack_2231 is a n00b
Maxx134's results:
  • XCPU: +16% gain
    PHM: +38% gain
    XCPU&LUM: +25% gain
    PHM&LUM: +48% gain
Is a 50% overclock vs. 16% overclock worth switching to PHM? I vote yes. My reasons: to get that type of performance enhancement in the x86 world would require liquid nitrogen!!! Also, this is already a gaming ROM/machine, and gamers always like performance. So I vote that overclocking SHOULD be in the rom. Second, if BigJ just uses your posted settings and does it all automatically, there is no need for the average user to ever need to worry about the insane complexities of PHM. He is already adding in a cache settings util which I am opposed to sort of since now I have to learn what is the best cache size instead of him using one that works for most. (I don't trust the reports that 9.4 is less stable even though I am a source of them, since I also have a new ext. rom now.) In other words, if BigJ can (just by using your settings) make it start on startup and hide itself and not make the newbees go haywire then it is worth it, since it is just a big boost in speed. If web browsing goes 50% faster due to something that I don't have to learn myself, then it is worth it. If I need to read 100 pages to get it to work and stand on my head and play around with 100 settings then it is not worth it and I'd prefer to stick with xcpu. Ideally, there would be a gamers mode in which the phone is maxed out (and screen saver is turned off so that I can use iguidance in car) and a lamer's mode in which the phone is trying to do its best to save battery power.

Jack

EDIT: I confirmed Maxx134's 6700 settings (L=20,N=4,A=1,LCD=1,Turbo=check,half-turbo-not checked,fast-bus notchecked) seemed to work fine on my 6700. While BigJ makes good points, I think that 90% of 6700 should be overclockable to the same level, expecially these (that have the same ROM). BTW, phm and xcpuscalar are the same price. I was very happy trying the new phm. The older versions were hard to use but the last version is not as bad.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_2231
Maxx134's results:
  • XCPU: +16% gain
    PHM: +38% gain
    XCPU&LUM: +25% gain
    PHM&LUM: +48% gain
Is a 50% overclock vs. 16% overclock worth switching to PHM? I vote yes. My reasons: this is already a gaming machine, and gamers always like performance, even though I'm not a big gamer myself. So I respectfully disagree with you and vote that overclocking SHOULD be in the rom. Second, if BigJ just uses your posted settings and does it all automatically, there is no need for the average user to ever need to worry about the insane complexities of PHM. He is already adding in a cache settings util which I am opposed to sort of since now I have to learn what is the best cache size instead of him using one that works for most. (I don't trust the reports that 9.4 is less stable even though I am a source of them, since I also have a new ext. rom now.) In other words, if BigJ can (just by using your settings) make it start on startup and hide itself and not make the newbees go haywire then it is worth it, since it is just a big boost in speed. If web browsing goes 50% faster due to something that I don't have to learn myself, then it is worth it. If I need to read 100 pages to get it to work and stand on my head and play around with 100 settings then it is not worth it and I'd prefer to stick with xcpu. Ideally, there would be a gamers mode in which the phone is maxed out (and screen saver is turned off so that I can use iguidance in car) and a lamer's mode in which the phone is trying to do its best to save battery power.

Jack
i would never argue that xcpu is better than phm, but the simplicity of xcpu is where we are currently. I would love to have an uber stable overclock running all of the time, my experience with overclocking however.... gives me a really poor outlook on how viable it is as a daily solution.

using both programs there is a massive hit to battery life... using xcpu however, i noticed less random lockups.

phm also messes with the LCD pretty hardcore, the midrange ram settings make the picture get all screwy. It also "forgets" your settings half the time after a soft reset, and you need to go back in and set them all back up. Ive also noticed that different hardware revisions handle the overclocking differently, so putting in generic settings that boot on start would wreak havoc on some devices and work GLORIOUSLY on others.

I have also played with the cpu scaling on both applications extensively and found that, pretty much everytime it changes speed, there is a slight "hang" on the phone. Its not a really big deal, but it happens SOOOOOO often i just gave up on scaling all togethor. The other nice thing, is that with xcpuscalar its a lot harder to lock the phone into an unrecoverable state.

your right though, with PHM i can achieve SICK results and good stability, but for the masses, and for most people in general the cost/benefit relationship just isnt there.

if something revolutionary comes out in the oc department ill revisit the topic but until then i feel that xcpu is a much more stable solution that is more readily accessable to everyone.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!

soggystockings is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtigre
I can send and receive regular sms, but not picture.
I don't know why.

I try to, but it always gets stuck in the outbox.
Im using the one in the poutlook. i click on sms, on the bottom of the screen, then go menu, new mms, and add pic etc, and click send.

i don't use that palm sms thing. I tried it, it didn't work either.
First off Welcome back! I'll be waiting for your latest. Regarding the above picture issue; look for a conversation between saltydog and I(soggystockings). I believe it might be on page 8 or 7. Follow those steps and use the files I put up there and you should be set. Credit goes to J for helping me with this earlier....

Old 03-20-2007, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
chmreader.net --> http://www.codeproject.com/netcf/CHMReaderNet.asp
This lets you read .chm files - since I'm a systems analysist I often need to read help files and chm ebooks - quite handy. If you know anything else (free) that lets me read chm files I'm all for it. Not sure which was the last AKU that it worked on....but it seems like it worked on sar's 3.3.

mobilesecretary - http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...secretary.aspx - there is a download link to the cab file in there too.
....and http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...urce-code.aspx - which has the source code.
...this one also worked with sar's 3.3.

6600's picture mail gizmo thingy:
The install works fine - the program - for the most part - appears to run just fine. There were a couple of things that hosed it. 1) it was trying to run a program called "album" or something like that - it's the picture app name in the 6600 - its a different .exe name in the 6700, and 2) it wouldnt download pics from the sprintpcs server.
I posted the .cab and the extracted .cab on the FTP.
...again I feel kinda bad about leaving you hanging on this one cause I want it sooo bad (as will everyone once we get it working).
...as I recall it does create an MMS inbox - but I'll have to try it again to make sure.
I'm going to get a spare 6700 overnight tonight - I'll try installing it on it and tinkering around with it so I can provide some better details.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Sorry about all the overclocking discussion-can-of-worms.
It really is a complex issue.

My point was the LumosII brightness utility was good 2 have in rom, but no prob I can just add the cab later.
Good luck in this rom to all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache