PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
if u charged the battery alone in the cradle then phone may be gone but I would try aain. Mine done it was and I recovered it by doing that.
~Mike

edited I'm gonna cuss I signed it wrong if u read it that's not wtf I meant

Old 02-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Try pressing down on the battery while it is in the phone. I had a defective 3rd party battery that would only work when I did that. Don't be afraid to press kind of hard... you're wanting to make sure all the pins have good contact.

One thing you may be able to do is take the phone into your provider's store and have them test it. Tell them you want to try another battery.

Do you have insurance? If not the phone has a one year warranty via UT Starcom.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bkmass is a n00b
Well thanks fellas but it appears I have a fancy paper weight.. I bought it off ebay so no insurance.. I'm about to dissect this bad boy and see what makes her tick.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:16 AM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
bad usb connector had that happen on my 3rd phone
Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Nonya
Carrier: Nonya

choccy is a n00b
Anyone else get this?

Until about an hour ago my PPC-6700 was working fine, now it won't power up, and when I put it on USB power the power light comes on solid red. Without the battery, blinking red. I haven't been able to wake it with any key or reset combo.

I've got another at home so I'll swap batteries in the morning. Is there anything else to try?

Sprint are really going to love me if this proves to be dead. It'll be our third replacement unit in a month (the other 2 were my wife's, this 6700 is a year old now.)
Old 07-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
I would definitely suspect the battery, so swapping with a known good one is the right thing to try. I don't have any other suggestions so I'll just wish you luck
Old 07-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
wipe the contacts on the battery and phone with a cloth. Remove battery and try recharging separately in cradle. This happens to my 2600 mah ebay polymer battery when i take it out but when I leave it in cradle for like 5 minutes it starts charging again.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
This phone won't work without a battery installed--even if plugged in.
Actually, I've had my phone plugged into a car charger and switched batteries without the phone resetting. It was a previous phone (with the red Sprint logo), but I distinctly remember doing it and being surprised that it worked.

I just tried it with a home charger- the phone stayed on for about 5 seconds before turning off. And then I got a flashing red light.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:17 AM
Lurker

choccy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer
wipe the contacts on the battery and phone with a cloth. Remove battery and try recharging separately in cradle. This happens to my 2600 mah ebay polymer battery when i take it out but when I leave it in cradle for like 5 minutes it starts charging again.
The contacts are good. The battery is good, I swapped it out in to another phone, worked perfectly, and the other phone's battery didn't get mine working. Doesn't seem to be anything I can do to get this phone to boot.

Any other suggestions before I make the 40 mile schlep to the Sprint store to have them take a look (I have the total protection plan, the $7/month one)?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Lurker

choccy is a n00b
For those playing along at home.. I was unable to get the phone to wake up. I took it in to the Sprint store this afternoon, explained what the problem is and what I had already done to try and fix it (ie, swap out battery with another working phone, charge battery separately, etc.) and was told it would be an hour, so I left.

Came back over an hour later and was told that the phone wasn't working because the battery was dead I told the guy to take it back and try to actually look at it this time. Another 20 minutes later they came out from the back with a shiny new PPC-6700

This is the third new 6700 my wife and I (2 for her, 1 for me) have had in the past month. Gotta love total coverage plans

Now to go and install some real software on it.. Kitchen 1.0.2 here I come
(I hope they don't ever figure out I had Kitchen 1.0.0 on the last phone before it died.. at least I know it wasn't the Kitchen that killed it, since I had been running it for a few days prior to that.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache