PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Lurker

Renyssance is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hmmm.. I just checked the device manager in Vista and indeed it is showing it as you said. So I have the rom update from UTSTARCOM but it seems running it thru Mobile Device Center is out of the question.. am I on the wrong machine or should I be able to do it on either?

My daughter is in the living room playing pokemonso I have time to get this done right, maybe even blink a few times with no worries.. lol
Old 07-23-2007, 02:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
The rom update doesn't run through ActiveSync or Mobile Device Center. It flashes directly to your pocketPC. You will need to do this from your XP computer or it will fail.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Lurker

Renyssance is a n00b
Im on it then... thanks a lot everyone for your help. I will be back in a few to detail my success or failure.. [please be success]
Old 07-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Lurker

Renyssance is a n00b
Well my friends..

I am victorious with all of your help and the original WM5 os and all its flaws are back in command. Again I thank you and ask that your wisdom be bestowed upon me again. So installing AKU 3.5 is a bad idea? Should I do the previous updates first?
Old 07-23-2007, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
It's not a bad idea if you feel comfortable with flashing now. You know how to put it in bootloader mode first and all of that from your experience .

Flashing back to the original ROM was mostly to make sure your hardware was still working with a ROM we know should work. The original ROM also contains the radio and extended portions which most (if not all) of the ones put out here do not. That way _everything_ gets put back to defaults.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Lurker

Renyssance is a n00b
I was comfortable flashing before but Im ultra comfy now Any suggestions or successes on the correct ROM hacks usd for the Verizon xv6700? I have attempted to install the so called Clean & Simple AKU 3.5 update but no success. There have been a few othersthat I've tried prior but most were deemed incompatibale.

Like always I'm open for suggestions.. in the meantime I will continue the hunt! I just want to say that everyone on this forum are certified awesome! Thanxagain for all the help.

*Recycle your used electronics
*Change to energy saver lighting
*Unplug device chargers when charging is complete
*Turn off electronics when not in use

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache