PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Lurker

Renyssance is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apache Down.. user in need of BACK UP!!

Ok, so I come across the AKU 3.5 andI download and begin to update the rom immediately. This being my second rom update I had no worries about how smooth the transition would be.. especially after readingsuch great reviews.

I sync and be the process when I get a businss call that required me to take ms away for a bit. Some time has gone by when my 4 year oldcomes in with my xv6700 in her hand. My PDA has been a totally vegetitative state since then.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the wm5 back on the rom? My PC nor Windows Mobile Device Center even recognizes the device at this point. Any assistance anyone can provide would be wonderful!

Christian
Old 07-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
First thing to try is put the phone in bootloader (power, notes (tape button) and soft reset at once). Then connect it to the PC and try running the stock rom update exe file for your device. That will work in most cases like this.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Lurker

Renyssance is a n00b
Re:

ICM, thanks for the posted reply... My vista machine nor my xp machine will no longer recognize my xv6700. I flashed the rom and screen now reads:

SD Download
= USB =

Sections = 0

Download
Completed

CheckSum OK!

100%
v1.02

Any further help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Android
Carrier: Telkomsel

helmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuff
Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renyssance
ICM, thanks for the posted reply... My vista machine nor my xp machine will no longer recognize my xv6700. I flashed the rom and screen now reads:

SD Download
= USB =

Sections = 0

Download
Completed

CheckSum OK!

100%
v1.02

Any further help would greatly be appreciated.
first remove sd card, then go to bootloader, and flash rom..

btw what your miniSD size? can you dump it with ntrw? I like to know whats on it..

get ntrw here:
ftp://ftp.tw.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.0/tools/ntrw.exe
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/.m/mirrors3/ftp.o...tools/ntrw.exe
ftp://ftp.freebsdchina.org/pub/OpenB...tools/ntrw.exe

ntrw howto:
ntrw.exe read file drive:
ntrw read sd_dump.bin [your sd drive, eg: f: g: or k:]
example:
ntrw read sd_dump.bin g:

ntrw will dump you sdcard contain in raw format, if you dont mind please dump it and upload to ftp.. thanks
Old 07-23-2007, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Renyssance (and anyone else)...
You should only use XP for flashing. Vista will only get you stuck in the bootloader mode. You might already know this, but I thought I'd say it since it wasn't mentioned in this thread yet and you have both available to you.

Check out helmi_c's advice above. ^^^
Old 07-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Lurker

Renyssance is a n00b
helmi.. as you suggested I removed the miniSD [1.0GB] and attempted to start the device in bootloader mode. All I got was ascreen hat read:

Serial

v1.02

this was until I connected the device to the cradle of course at which the word serial then changed to USB. Granted that this case was performed from my vista machine, I will attempt to get a different result from my X machine. Tell me, does ntrw require that my PDA be at least detected by the o.s.? if so I think I may be in need of another option.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
USB.. v1.02 is all that it should read when in bootloader mode and connected to the PC, so that's correct. That's exactly what you want it to say before running the flash utility.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Android
Carrier: Telkomsel

helmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renyssance
helmi.. as you suggested I removed the miniSD [1.0GB] and attempted to start the device in bootloader mode. All I got was ascreen hat read:

Serial

v1.02

this was until I connected the device to the cradle of course at which the word serial then changed to USB. Granted that this case was performed from my vista machine, I will attempt to get a different result from my X machine. Tell me, does ntrw require that my PDA be at least detected by the o.s.? if so I think I may be in need of another option.
ntrw is done with your windows pc... the thing is, hv you ever d2s your device lately, or something?, it seems that ur sd-card is filled with something that will flash to device after it restarting/enter bootloader, thats why i ask you to dump it.. and thats why you cant go to bootloader if you didn't remove your sd card first.. there's something on ur sdcard...

well 1gb sd card? well you can forget about ntrw then, its nothing usefull for you just for my curiosity...

you better use xp for flashing... it should flash allright...
Old 07-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Lurker

Renyssance is a n00b
Ok tiermann & helmi..

I appreciate the help. I will flash and install from the XP machine. Is there a particular flash utility that would be of use here? And once the rom is flashed successfully should I then be able to load the rom update via Ative Sync or is there another option?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
It is normal for your PC to not detect the device in the "usual" way when it is in bootloader... but if you go into Device Manager you should see a device called "Microsoft USB Sync" under the "Windows CE USB Devices" heading.

The fact that the PPC screen changes to "USB" from "Serial" when you plug it in means that it's seeing the computer just fine. But bootloader mode doesn't trigger activesync so maybe that's what is fooling you.

I would suggest just running the latest official ROM update package from your carrier (you can download it at www.utstar.com). That should re-flash all 3 ROMs and get you back to a "known good" configuration.

Then you can try to flash the custom again (and this time keep your daughter away from it )

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache