PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Lurker

mixx241 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to mixx241
ppc-6700 frozen activated pocket controller prof...

Hello smart people....I am an average guy that saved up and spent almost 600 on a frozen flashlight . lol. My phone seems to not want to be hard reset, soft reset dose not work. how do I reflash it? can I use flashxp to connect to it like an xbox....is it hard to reflash this phone? does anyone now how to step by step reflash it....I am very sad , somebody please help.....the last thing I forget to tell you is Its a sprint phone that has been flashed to cricket service....had no proublems for 6mnths then I used a 3rd party program, pocket controller pro. and now it frozen....
Old 02-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
How are you trying to hard reset? Press both left and right softkeys and reset at the same time. You should be prompted to press Y on the keyboard.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 02-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mixx241 is a n00b
Hard reset dose not work...the phone is frozen on the start up sprint screen...took the battery out for 2 days and still same results...how do you reflash it when it is like this....?
Old 02-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
I think you need to keep trying the hard reset (sometimes it seems like I am holding down both softkeys but am actually not getting both down all the way--HTC did a good job of making sure no one accidentally hard resets!).

Try it with the soft keys on the front of the phone, and for grins, try it also with the two soft keys on the slide-out keyboard. Plant two fingers on those puppies and keep them pressed fully down while you use your free hand to push the stylus in the reset hole. When you do it correctly it will give you a white screen with black text asking you if you want to hard reset.

Also try bootloader mode. Hold down the power and button 5 (the one with the cassette tape icon on it) and while held down put the stylus in the reset hole. The screen should go dark and if you hold it up to the light you should see the word "Serial" on the screen. If you get there, then try doing a hard reset the way I described above.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mixx241 is a n00b
I am holding the keys down hard with my incredible hulk grip and still not hard restarting, should I hold it down for like 10min...what am I doing wrong, a long time ago I took it to the sprint store and they had trouble doing it but got it to work....do I need to do it in a certain sequence .....is there any other ways....I tried updating the apache software but nothing can reconize the connection...with the usb directly hooked up ..
Old 02-20-2007, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n900
Carrier: tmobile

konceptz is a n00b
Did you try the bootloader mode?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mixx241 is a n00b
explain bootloader mode again do I hold the top power button next to the antenna and push the number 5 button or letter T, sorry I am a newbie
Old 02-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Retired Staff

Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixx241
explain bootloader mode again do I hold the top power button next to the antenna and push the number 5 button or letter T, sorry I am a newbie
Quote:
Also try bootloader mode. Hold down the power and button 5 (the one with the cassette tape icon on it) and while held down put the stylus in the reset hole. The screen should go dark and if you hold it up to the light you should see the word "Serial" on the screen. If you get there, then try doing a hard reset the way I described above.
Hold down power with your left index finger and button 5 (the one above the volume slider) with your left thumb keep them both held down while you use your right hand to put the stylus in the reset hole.

If that doesn't work for you, your phone's hardware is jacked and needs to be replaced.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

computercarl is a n00b
mixxx, when you said you are pushing the two buttons down -- can you verify what buttons you are pushing down? Lets run through a step by step... BTW, I'm nly trying to help, not insult your intelligence. Here's a step by step if I had to tell/teach someone who has never touched the phone before...

Turn the phone off. If it won't go off, thats ok.
Close the keyboard.
Lay the phone down flat on a desk, sideways. So when you are looking at it, the antenna points to your left.
Take the Stylus out and hold it on your right hand like a pencil.
Press down both buttons with "-"'s on them with your left hand. I use index for one and middle finger for the other.
While you are still holding them down, take the stylus and press it into the reset hole. (the hold on the bottom of the phone, closest to you. )
Keep holding the two buttons down. The screen should light up and ask you to press Y to restore factory default.
Slide the keyboard out and press yIt will say clearing now, then change to clear OK, Press SPACE to boot. Press the spoace bar, and it should reset, and boot back up to the calibration screen.

Congratulations, if all went well, you have just hard reset.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by computercarl
mixxx, when you said you are pushing the two buttons down -- can you verify what buttons you are pushing down? Lets run through a step by step... BTW, I'm nly trying to help, not insult your intelligence. Here's a step by step if I had to tell/teach someone who has never touched the phone before...

Turn the phone off. If it won't go off, thats ok.
Close the keyboard.
Lay the phone down flat on a desk, sideways. So when you are looking at it, the antenna points to your left.
Take the Stylus out and hold it on your right hand like a pencil.
Press down both buttons with "-"'s on them with your left hand. I use index for one and middle finger for the other.
While you are still holding them down, take the stylus and press it into the reset hole. (the hold on the bottom of the phone, closest to you. )
Keep holding the two buttons down. The screen should light up and ask you to press Y to restore factory default.
Slide the keyboard out and press yIt will say clearing now, then change to clear OK, Press SPACE to boot. Press the spoace bar, and it should reset, and boot back up to the calibration screen.

Congratulations, if all went well, you have just hard reset.
Good instructions, Carl. I have one addition to that. While pressing the two " - " buttons, make certain that you're not also pressing other buttons along with. The soft keys are directly adjacent to the Windows and OK keys, as well as the red and green phone keys. You need to carefully press only the two soft keys without fat fingering onto the other keys.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache