View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 02:29 PM
luv2chill
Retired Staff

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
I think you need to keep trying the hard reset (sometimes it seems like I am holding down both softkeys but am actually not getting both down all the way--HTC did a good job of making sure no one accidentally hard resets!).

Try it with the soft keys on the front of the phone, and for grins, try it also with the two soft keys on the slide-out keyboard. Plant two fingers on those puppies and keep them pressed fully down while you use your free hand to push the stylus in the reset hole. When you do it correctly it will give you a white screen with black text asking you if you want to hard reset.

Also try bootloader mode. Hold down the power and button 5 (the one with the cassette tape icon on it) and while held down put the stylus in the reset hole. The screen should go dark and if you hold it up to the light you should see the word "Serial" on the screen. If you get there, then try doing a hard reset the way I described above.