PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: I am just getting a count of users of my rom out of curiosity.
At some point I have used one of colonel's roms or patches. 33 71.74%
I have not used Colonel's, but I have used another custom rom at some point. 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv 6800
Carrier: VZW

ggaeta is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i love the new keyboard. Colonel, you never cease to amaze!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv 6800
Carrier: VZW

ggaeta is becoming a great contributor
it seems to lock up when i try to use the O2 plus comm connecter icon. there are also 2 com connect icon and i cant delete one w/o it freezing
Old 03-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Okay, I am updating the fix for this, but it is not in the Verizon (non-Sprint) rom yet. Here is the problem. I added apps to O2 by hand in the registry, but unfortunately there is another entry that must be edited. To get O2 to work properly you will need to go to HKCU\software\O2\O2plus and look for NoOfApp. Now, you will want to enter a decimal (not hex) value for the exact number of apps that are on the tabs. The easiest way to do this is to go into the O2 settings and go to Shortcuts. Now, count every short cut listed even if it is listed twice. Then change the registry value to the appropriate number. Again, remember to add the number as a decimal and not a hex. This is where the rom was messed up. So, if you have 21 apps, you will want to enter 21 as a decimal. The corrisponding hex is 00000015.

I suggest that everyone checks this as soon as they flash until I get updated roms uploaded.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 03-22-2007, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

firegeek is becoming a great contributor
First, thank you for this new rom. I've used each incarnation, and have loved each and every one.
Now my question, I've had notification problems since I flashed this one. Primarily voicemail. Also I can't get mail2web to push my email. In fact I can't send email either. I used the cab file from them for my settings and have checked settings numerous times all looks right.

I had to hard reset about 3 or 4 times to make it work at all. It was weird. I kept losing messaging, both sms and mms wouldn't work. so is anyone else having a similar problem?
Thank you.

E.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Which carrier/rom version are you running? I know that the MMS in the Sprint version is not functioning on its own right now. However, Verizon users who install MMS from their ExtRom should still have full functionality as far as I know.

As far as the mail2web thing, that is strange. I can install the cab "manually" or as part of the customizations without any issues.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan
Carrier: Verizon

rafiki is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Okay, I am updating the fix for this, but it is not in the Verizon (non-Sprint) rom yet. Here is the problem. I added apps to O2 by hand in the registry, but unfortunately there is another entry that must be edited. To get O2 to work properly you will need to go to HKCU\software\O2\O2plus and look for NoOfApp. Now, you will want to enter a decimal (not hex) value for the exact number of apps that are on the tabs. The easiest way to do this is to go into the O2 settings and go to Shortcuts. Now, count every short cut listed even if it is listed twice. Then change the registry value to the appropriate number. Again, remember to add the number as a decimal and not a hex. This is where the rom was messed up. So, if you have 21 apps, you will want to enter 21 as a decimal. The corrisponding hex is 00000015.

I suggest that everyone checks this as soon as they flash until I get updated roms uploaded.
Thank you. I concur with others who have given this ROM high praise. I too have utilized each incarnation of your ROM with great thanksgiving. The last (3.5) caused intermittent lock ups, which i am deeply appreciative has been resolved in the update.

Regarding the O2 issue, i have applied the fix you suggest and i still get a system lock up after going into options, changing icon size and/or adding shortcuts (BTW, i am using a Verizon 6700). Additionally, even after a soft reset, the added shortcut icons are not visible on the screen, yet, i am able to tap on where they should appear and open the prog.

This is a minor annoyance with all of the other great functionality i have in this BEST PDA/Phone ever, thanks to Colonel!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

rafiki, that means that there is still a conflict between the actual number of icons/apps being loaded and the number in the NoOfApp reg entry. Basically, O2 is trying to load a certain number of icons, but the NoOfApp entry is giving a conflicting number. Try counting the number of icons again. You can also do this by counting all the icons on the tabs. Make sure to include any blank spaces where icons aren't showing. Once the numbers match, all will work fine.

I am pretty sure this is only an issue with the Verizon version since it was created before I found this bug. Anyway, I should have a new version by the weekend.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moment

chefonthego is starting in the wrong direction
Love the Rom, Works great, 1 prob, how do I turn off the lock feature?
No Matter what I try it still displays the Lock thing, very annoying !! Keep it up. Like that ya included the msn thing, none of the other 3.5's have it, I Like & Must Have it.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

When refering to the Lock feature are you talking about OnLock. This is one of the two things that you were prompted to do during customization. You can go to OnLock Prefs in Programs\Preferences and turn it off.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
pim.vol copy is already there. Unfortunately, I have not found a way to copy whole folders. So, Favorites and Cookies would have to be specifically copied and that is nearly impossible. Still working on it though.
I have found a temporary work-around, but only for the Favorites:

Using Opera desktop you can export all your favories into one html file for IE to open, so just copy that one file over to your favorites folder in your 6700..

Ya not a real solution, more like an alternative, oh well

Would you happen to know where Opera stores favorites? I prefer Opera over PIE Plus, but Opera still has its limits.

I have been 3 days with this ROM. No lock ups yet

Colonel; this is just a suggestion, that seems to fall right in line with your ROM. How about adding HTC X close button?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache