Old 03-22-2007, 01:52 PM
rafiki
Lurker

rafiki is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Okay, I am updating the fix for this, but it is not in the Verizon (non-Sprint) rom yet. Here is the problem. I added apps to O2 by hand in the registry, but unfortunately there is another entry that must be edited. To get O2 to work properly you will need to go to HKCU\software\O2\O2plus and look for NoOfApp. Now, you will want to enter a decimal (not hex) value for the exact number of apps that are on the tabs. The easiest way to do this is to go into the O2 settings and go to Shortcuts. Now, count every short cut listed even if it is listed twice. Then change the registry value to the appropriate number. Again, remember to add the number as a decimal and not a hex. This is where the rom was messed up. So, if you have 21 apps, you will want to enter 21 as a decimal. The corrisponding hex is 00000015.

I suggest that everyone checks this as soon as they flash until I get updated roms uploaded.
Thank you. I concur with others who have given this ROM high praise. I too have utilized each incarnation of your ROM with great thanksgiving. The last (3.5) caused intermittent lock ups, which i am deeply appreciative has been resolved in the update.

Regarding the O2 issue, i have applied the fix you suggest and i still get a system lock up after going into options, changing icon size and/or adding shortcuts (BTW, i am using a Verizon 6700). Additionally, even after a soft reset, the added shortcut icons are not visible on the screen, yet, i am able to tap on where they should appear and open the prog.

This is a minor annoyance with all of the other great functionality i have in this BEST PDA/Phone ever, thanks to Colonel!