PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: I am just getting a count of users of my rom out of curiosity.
At some point I have used one of colonel's roms or patches. 33 71.74%
I have not used Colonel's, but I have used another custom rom at some point. 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 03:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by effortless
Bugs:
It didn't copy over my voice command.exe file correctly even though I had it in the boot folder on card... I manually copied it over to the windows folder and it worked fine.

Under Media tab (on the today screen shortcut program), the wmp icon doesn't show.. so I deleted it and added it again, caused two com managers to show. Trying to erase one and hitting done locks up the OS.

Questions:
Where can I get the mail2webactivsync.cab? Does it just automate the mail2web accounts setup process?

Also, I don't want all of my Verizon extended ROM to install, I usually select what I want, is it possible to have your custom boot folder pause after everything in there is run and ask if you'd like to continue installing the original extended rom?.. to give us a chance to reset in between.

Suggestions:
Pocket MSN needs to go... I think the MeMaids should be taken out too. Zip is replaced by winrar.

Great work on the ROM!
if you remove the "Autorun.exe" from the ext.rom it wont automatically run the customization... giving you a chance to just go in there manually and install the ones you want. you can also edit the config.txt file as specified earlier and take out the programs you dont want to run.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: verizon

kdoweb is a n00b
Great work colonel,

I've been on this rom for a few days now and not one crash yet. Any chance you can get the A2DP to stop skipping? I tried to add the Bitpool reg setting but it did not fix the problem for me. Other than that I' a happy camper.

kdoweb
xv6700

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Well, I found that InClose seemed to cause the Shell Errors for some reason. I also removed Batti and the freezing has stopped. I cannot place the blame solely on the apps as it may have been my implementation of them. However, starting here, this seems to be a stable build.

Forgot about the Solitare graphics. I will get those back in.

Yes, I am still working on enabling VC and I did not assign it to a button yet since everyone does not use it.

BTW, I can add endless amounts of things to be copied or installed aside from the user editable config.txt. I am open to suggestions, but please keep them to something that will benefit the group. By this, I mean that I am trying to find a way to copy cookies back to the phone so you do not have to log in to every web site that you are a member of, but providing a list of apps that "you" want installed can be done on the SD. Other suggestions of helpful additions to the customization process for the masses is eagerly welcomed.

Also, people can configure their own Custom Settings.cab to set up their personal data and preferences. I highly suggest that users play around with this.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q9c
Carrier: sprint

1oddmanout is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 1oddmanout
Quote:
Originally Posted by konceptz
Thanks Colonel! I packaged the roms and put them on the one stop installer page.
Hey, thanks for the assist; this is so much more helpful getting everything installed.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Lurker

willew4 is a n00b
Is there a way to disable PIEPlus? The 4way navigation is messing up normal messaging navigation for me, but I do not see a PIEPlus tab... ????

Great work on the rom. I tried installing my normal apps using the config.txt, and the phone just hung. oh well, there are only 4 apps anyways...
Old 03-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by willew4
Is there a way to disable PIEPlus? The 4way navigation is messing up normal messaging navigation for me, but I do not see a PIEPlus tab... ????

Great work on the rom. I tried installing my normal apps using the config.txt, and the phone just hung. oh well, there are only 4 apps anyways...
I ditto that request.

I want just plain PIE !!!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by willew4

Yeah, I have been jacking with the 4-way navigation thing in PIEPlus. It seems that no matter if 4-way is off or on, PIEPlus changes it. I will get to it. What do you mean by a PIEPlus tab? It has been known that having 4-way navigation enabled will cause messages to open at the bottom.

Post your config.txt and I will let you know why it hung.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 03-20-2007, 12:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: ATT

AcidFire52 is a n00b
I have noticed an issue. When I change the sound scheme on the today page to meeting for vibrate, it changes the ringer to silent. Checked the settings for metting, set to vibrate.

Using the stock setup. Weird.

Also, when the Verizon install is running, is it supposed to jump back and forth between the 'running autoexec.exe" window and the verizon one?
Old 03-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Lurker

willew4 is a n00b
I experienced the silent setting not working also, but ended up just setting the ringer to vibrate, along with having Vibrate Only (System and Ringer) checked.

The PIEPlus tab that I mentioned, should be in the Settings/System location. I was trying to disable it altogether... Is there a folder or set of files that can be deleted from \Windows?

Attached is the config.txt file... TIA for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip config_369.zip (301 Bytes, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Hmmm, the config.txt looks alright. None of the apps installed? You might have to still mess with it and see.

Still not sure about PIEPlus being in Settings. I have never seen it there, but maybe it used to be in an earlier version. Anyway, I cannot find a way to disable it. I am still trying to figure out why the trial does not work. If all else fails, I may pull it and leave the cab in the rom as an option to install from the user config.txt in the Boot folder.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Also, people can configure their own Custom Settings.cab to set up their personal data and preferences. I highly suggest that users play around with this.
Yes there are many user custom settings to save, I will list a few I know and ones I would like to know...

I wanted to know if anyone knows the settings file to save for the "Palm messaging app". I think it is the "PalmMsgV001" file in windows.

Also does anyone know where "phone Alarm" stores it's settings info?
Lastly I cant find where the "Call Block Ver1.1a" stores it's info.
EDIT: also how about o2Plus?
-----------

I know that we can save the "pim.vol" file in root directory for the cal & contacts.

I also know we can save cLaunch.dat file in windows.

Also we can save "Favorites" folder in Windows,
And cookies in "windows\Profiles\guest\cookies".

Also we can save Opera files in "\Application Data\Opera\", where we would need to save: opera6.adr; cookies4.dat; opera.ini; vlink4.dat...

What are any other settings that we can save?
I realize many OS settings are stored in the registry also, but like to know about any programs.

Sory this post might be a little off-topic... wondering if we should have a thread on this...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache