PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 05:08 PM
N00b

thallanor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
Did you let the vender/carrier stuff in extended rom install? it seems that is not all good for sprint and verizon - dunno who your carrier is, but its possible something installed there conflicts with aku3.3
If you are referring to my issues, then yes, I let the vendor software install after the hard reset. My carrier is TELUS Mobility and from what I have seen, very little is installed. A couple other local owners have looked into their extended ROMs and found that the phones are essentially stock, with the exception of a program that sets up the EV-DO settings and configures a couple things. Nothing that I can really see messing with the onscreen keyboard or volume. (Never saw anything like that in AKU 2.2 and don't imagine it would have much of a change in AKU 3.3, but you never know.)

If the problem persists by the weekend, I might try a hard reset and not install the custom stuff. (But then I don't know what I would need to do to get EV-DO to work and all that.) At least I will be able to tell if it affects the volume and keyboard. If it doesn't, then I will try another hard reset and let it customize itself after boot and see if the problem returns.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:28 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yep that's the exact method to use... if it does bork with the extended rom stuff, can you post the cab names that get installed - fyi any problem will be with something that patches AKU2.x (which would work for 2.2, but won't for 3.x!)
Old 02-07-2007, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Re: Problem with backlight always reseting to 10 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz?
I have a problem with the Helmi_C ROM, where my backlight timeout (and a few other power settings) reset back to the default values every time my XV6700 comes out of power-down mode.

My backlight timeout always goes back to 10 seconds, regardless of how many times I set it to 30 seconds. As long as the phone stays powered-up, the backlight setting will stay at 30 seconds, until it powers down.

Then it resets back to 10 seconds.

I didn't have this problem under AKU 2.2.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

¿GotJazz?
Isn't everyone else seeing this problem? I saw another posting on this issue earlier in this thread.

I don't have very many applications loaded on my XV6700, so I wouldn't think that there is a software conflict.

¿GotJazz?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:00 AM
N00b

thallanor is a n00b
Re: Problem with backlight always reseting to 10 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz?
Isn't everyone else seeing this problem? I saw another posting on this issue earlier in this thread.

I don't have very many applications loaded on my XV6700, so I wouldn't think that there is a software conflict.

¿GotJazz?
I tested this when I was trying to figure out my volume problem on my mobile. Your post is what got me to test to see if power saving was causing my volume settings to revert.

On that note, my volume settings seem to be sticking now. I'm not really sure what was causing that. Didn't even have much installed, apart from phoneAlarm and cLauncher.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:01 AM
N00b

thallanor is a n00b
Am I correct in understanding that the Bluetooth problems that others have described result in being unable to sync via Bluetooth? I think that is what everyone is explaining, but I wanted to verify this.

Is there any ETA on when the required components might be made available or included in an updated AKU 3.3 so that Bluetooth syncing is possible? Bluetooth tethering is something that I am interested in too, but I rarely use it and is not as important as syncing via Bluetooth.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

morganpe is a n00b
WMP skipping when Bluetooth (BT) activated

Hi - First off thanks to all of you geniuses who share your skills and insights with those of us who are less savvy with these things.
I did the AKU 3.3 standard update & love it overall but I have a problem:

I used to be able to listen to mono sound from WMP over my standard BT headset. (Useing the press when screen locked method)

Since upgrading to AKU 3.3 2 problems (maybe related)
1. I can't get the AudioGateway to stay open using that method.
2. WMP plays 3 seconds of a track then skips to a new track when BT is active (even when not linked to anything)

- I never had the problem prior to the upgrade.
- WMP dosn't do this with wireless or EVDO or any other time.
- Tried to download BT audio from trianglepowers (they look like not active anymore)
- Googled BTToggle to try that but I only find versions for palm.
- I do have .NET 3 (I think, what ever is the newest)

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks!!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:06 PM
N00b

thallanor is a n00b
Re: WMP skipping when Bluetooth (BT) activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganpe
I used to be able to listen to mono sound from WMP over my standard BT headset. (Useing the press when screen locked method)

Since upgrading to AKU 3.3 2 problems (maybe related)
1. I can't get the AudioGateway to stay open using that method.
2. WMP plays 3 seconds of a track then skips to a new track when BT is active (even when not linked to anything)

- I never had the problem prior to the upgrade.
- WMP dosn't do this with wireless or EVDO or any other time.
- Tried to download BT audio from trianglepowers (they look like not active anymore)
- Googled BTToggle to try that but I only find versions for palm.
- I do have .NET 3 (I think, what ever is the newest)

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks!!
trianglepowers.com is down temporarily, I think. I visited their web site just a couple days ago and downloaded BTToggle. Unfortunately, I deleted it after it did not work on my mobile, so I cannot send it to you. (It did not solve my problem. I was using AKU 2.2 at the time.)

Does anyone know if the standard Bluetooth stack allows you to control WMP with a Bluetooth device? Maybe there is something gibbled along these lines that is causing your Bluetooth device to mess up WMP like this.

The latest .Net Compact Framework is 2, SP1. I do not think that this is a .Net problem, though, as both Bluetooth and WMP do not use it.

I'm sorry I'm not of any more assistance. The only thing I can think of, and I hate to sound like a broken record, is reflashing and hard resetting two or three times before trying it again. It might just be some glitchy thing. If it works right after a reflash and hard reset, just keep trying it as you install things. It might be that some program is causing issues.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:02 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thallanor
Am I correct in understanding that the Bluetooth problems that others have described result in being unable to sync via Bluetooth? I think that is what everyone is explaining, but I wanted to verify this.

Is there any ETA on when the required components might be made available or included in an updated AKU 3.3 so that Bluetooth syncing is possible? Bluetooth tethering is something that I am interested in too, but I rarely use it and is not as important as syncing via Bluetooth.
With the stock helmi_c AKU3.3 rom I am able to sync via bluetooth and USB. You're not able to?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:15 PM
N00b

thallanor is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
With the stock helmi_c AKU3.3 rom I am able to sync via bluetooth and USB. You're not able to?
I tried pairing three times and it did not work. After reading your response, I tried again and it works! Thanks for giving me the kick in the butt to try again. I just assumed it was an issue that everyone was having.

I am beginning to wonder if it might be related to the glitches I had after I first installed the AKU 3.3 update. The onscreen keyboard and volume issues have resolved themselves without any intervention on my part, and now Bluetooth sync seems to be working, too. Really odd. I can't help but think that if I had hard reset a few more times in the beginning that this would have been resolved.

Oh well, I'll know for next time. Thanks again for your response. Like I said, it is what got me to try a fourth time. (This time I just edited the pairing and refreshed the service list, and ActiveSync appeared.)

Take care.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Lurker

ROBBLDEL is a n00b
I have been searching throughout this forum to find out how I can install 3.3 on my Verizon XV6700. Can anyone shoot me the link that ACTUALLY has the info I need and not partial stuff about the CAB files.

Anytime I try to install it from the link in the forum, I get "invalid country code" or something like it on my phone. How did you do install it?

~Robb

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache