PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

jimeverett is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SD Memory issue.

I may have found the problem with the SD card not being seen by the phone at times. If you hard reset and your Extended Rom has the Sprint Files or the file of "PP_LockUp_Apac_212705.sa" this over rights the newer or current "sdmemory.dll" thus a problem. The other files I see that could also get affected from even a clean Ext_Rom.

\Windows\QCT.dll
\Windows\SDMemory.dll
\Windows\rilphone.dll

Just something I found.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:30 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Ahhh I was wondering about that! I cannot even be sure I ran the LOCKUP (I run all the Sprint stuff manually after hard reset) but that is an excellent point! Some of that stuff is patches to 2.X AKU OS (ie, "new" dlls) which would in fact be old dlls in the 3.3 rom.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

dprout69 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jady
has anyone used IR to transfer files? I used to swap files on my father in laws treo700p all the time but my 6700 isn't finding it on 3.3.
and you made sure the IR was on in the comm manager?
Old 01-25-2007, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

dprout69 is just getting started
Re: SD Memory issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimeverett
I may have found the problem with the SD card not being seen by the phone at times. If you hard reset and your Extended Rom has the Sprint Files or the file of "PP_LockUp_Apac_212705.sa" this over rights the newer or current "sdmemory.dll" thus a problem. The other files I see that could also get affected from even a clean Ext_Rom.

\Windows\QCT.dll
\Windows\SDMemory.dll
\Windows\rilphone.dll

Just something I found.
Really no way around all that until the actual official version comes because you need to add most of the customizations. Unless someone can extract the new files and then load em up here? Are we even sure those files are new versions and not just the same file?
Old 01-25-2007, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimeverett

\Windows\QCT.dll
\Windows\SDMemory.dll
\Windows\rilphone.dll

Just something I found.
I believe this file is SUPPOSED to change/affect the SDmemory.dll
It is a later Cab file to attempt to fix some issue...

But I do agree the Extrom could be where the issue lies..

I believe there may be many out there with older customization cabs... specifically this one:
"PP_Version_Apache_206300.saCAB"
When they should have this one:
"PP_Version_Apache_206303.saCAB"

So, do you have PP_LockUP_Apac_212705.sa.CAB ?
Howabout PT_Ril_Apac_206301.sa.CAB ?

I"m just pointing out CABs that are in the latest 2.2 ExtRom , that many may not have, But newer 2.2 Extrom should be better than older 2.0, dont you think?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:11 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just checked my \Windows properties for:

\Windows\QCT.dll
\Windows\SDMemory.dll
\Windows\rilphone.dll

And all three of these are 'in ROM' for me...

So, I guess I didn't run that Sprint Cab

If you deleted those files and soft-reset, would the ROM versions re-appear? How do you get those back?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Re: More problems with WModem & AKU 3.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz?

Note: Sometimes, when I connect up the XV6700 and start WModem, I see a device show up on the USB that says something like, "... Modem (Be sure to change VendorId)". What the heck do I do about THAT?

Can anyone help? I have not been able to successfully connect my laptop to the Internet yet using my XV6700 with the AKU 3.3 ROM.

Sigh.

?GotJazz?
Hmmm ... Am I schizophrenic if I quote myself?

Anyways, I found the solution to my connectivity issues here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=WModem

Although it is touchy on the ordering of what gets done / connected, WModem seems to work OK (via USB) now.

Cheers!

?GotJazz?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

jimeverett is a n00b
Sprint Ext_ROM

OK, Well I have spent the last few hours reworking all of the AKU 2.2 Ext_Rom Cab files and there reg keys, patches and updates to the phone.

So in Short I have made "one" cab file that will do all of the reg keys/hacks, security, provisioning, and file updates that need to get done. I will be testing it later tonight on the AKU 3.3 Rom. and will update here when I'm done.

Jim

P.S. The cab I'm making adds in the mfc80u.dll and msvcr80.dll file to the windows folder as well. If someone finds the fix for the BT issue let me know please PM me would like to add that as well.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jady is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprout69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jady
has anyone used IR to transfer files? I used to swap files on my father in laws treo700p all the time but my 6700 isn't finding it on 3.3.
and you made sure the IR was on in the comm manager?
Yup, I found 3.3 to still be a bit quirky (fast and great but quirky)

Went back to 2.2 for now.........Will try 3.3 again when I have more tweaking time. :P
Old 01-26-2007, 04:14 AM
Lurker

StarmanDX is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to StarmanDX
This ROM has data roaming disabled in the firmware, the "1013: Data roaming prohibited" error.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache