PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Re: Apache WM6 Clean, No Junk Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahamamamma View Post
OH MY GOD THIS IS GONNA KILL ME!!!!! okay, so i went back to rapidshare this morning, i figured, okay, we'll try again casue i really really want this! come to find out the problem was casue i was using AOL and it said to try a different browser, so i went to Internet Explorer and YES! it started downloading! so i figure great, right?? finally i will have a updated faster, better, smoother phone! so i'm watching the clock thingie that says how long its gonna take to download, (keeping in mind, i'm on dial up out here in the boonies!). starts out at 30 minutes, then it says one hour, then two, finally it stops at, if you can believe this 3 hours and 44 minutes!!!!!! and thats IF i dont loose the internet connection or open anything else or do anything! ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! if this doesnt drive me crazy nothing else will!!!
PM me your address. I'll send you a CD containing the ROM...
Old 02-22-2008, 04:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

The_Omni is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahamamamma View Post
OH MY GOD THIS IS GONNA KILL ME!!!!! okay, so i went back to rapidshare this morning, i figured, okay, we'll try again casue i really really want this! come to find out the problem was casue i was using AOL and it said to try a different browser, so i went to Internet Explorer and YES! it started downloading! so i figure great, right?? finally i will have a updated faster, better, smoother phone! so i'm watching the clock thingie that says how long its gonna take to download, (keeping in mind, i'm on dial up out here in the boonies!). starts out at 30 minutes, then it says one hour, then two, finally it stops at, if you can believe this 3 hours and 44 minutes!!!!!! and thats IF i dont loose the internet connection or open anything else or do anything! ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! if this doesnt drive me crazy nothing else will!!!
I feel ya, but I think you are missing one of the best features of the phone. Don't use dial up use tethering/internet sharing instead.

Hopefully Rob has already sent your disc.

Omni
Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dsteinschneider is a n00b

Hi gguruusa,

My bubble was burst when I used the latest kitchen to build what I thought was a very simple and straightforward custom WM6 ROM. Its my 5th time upgrading (3 times on 3.x and two on WM6, one on the Oct, the second on the latest). After this latest install the phone was locking up constantly and draining the battery at 4 times the previous rate. While traveling I decided to use Rob's (helmi based) WM6 Verizon ROM . I can see why people here seem more excited about Rob's work than helmi's. The upgrade took no decisions and it works well. A phone that doesn't work can be a disaster (was for me this week) . Rob is performing the services of what's termed a VAR in our business. He's taking technical tools that can be dangerous in the hands of an average 6700 owner and creating something that works and is easy to install. Not all people have the time to experiment with the kitchen and rebuild after failed upgrades. I'm posting this so users trying to make up their minds about whether to upgrade know there's potential for failure using the kitchen but with Rob's (helmi based) WM6 ROM their phone will work.

Last edited by dsteinschneider; 02-22-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Lurker

iXiPHoCiSiXi is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to iXiPHoCiSiXi Send a message via MSN to iXiPHoCiSiXi

maybe someone can help me..im coming from helmis cooked wm6 ..trying to change to this clean wm6...anyways when i try to do this, i place the ppc into bootloader and the program says:

now i KNOW this works becuase i used the clean wm6 before i used helmis cooker for wm6..so can someone explain why this cannot flash over the clean wm6?

--thanks
Old 02-23-2008, 02:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: UTStarcomPPC6700
Carrier: Alltel

brahamamamma is a n00b

YEAH!!!!!!! I FINALLY GOT IT DOWNLOADED!!!!!! installed it, checking it out now and i LOVE IT! only one problem. when the phone first came back on i got a message that "sddaemon cannot be opened" and that it couldn't be found? what is this? where do i find it and what do i do?????

Only other complaint i have is that i dont like the colors it has. grey? blaa! so i'm gonna see about downloading some skins and i gotta get tunes too! but other than that i love it!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:27 PM
N00b

brahamamamma is a n00b

Okay, last night when i finished downloading this it was after 1am so i couldnt exactly try the phone then, but today when i went to use it i found that 1. my contact list cant be pulled up and 2. half the time the phone just doesnt even ring. i guess thats what the sddaemon that it couldnt open is about? message with that file was "the file 'sddaemon' cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. if the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file". Well, the problem is persisting. suggestions on what to do?? PLEASE????
Old 02-23-2008, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer

Did you hard reset the phone after you flashed the ROM?
Old 02-23-2008, 02:00 PM
N00b

brahamamamma is a n00b

hi Rob! (god are YOU a sight for sore eyes!!!)
Yes, i did hard reset it. still no go. so i backed up the stuff i wanted to back up and went back to factory default and now i'm going to reload your program and see if that helps anything. good idea? or do you have other suggestions?
Old 02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
N00b

brahamamamma is a n00b

okay, i did the reinstall and it seems to be fine now! hopefully this got it all fixed!
Old 02-24-2008, 02:33 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsteinschneider View Post
Hi gguruusa,

My bubble was burst when I used the latest kitchen to build what I thought was a very simple and straightforward custom WM6 ROM. Its my 5th time upgrading (3 times on 3.x and two on WM6, one on the Oct, the second on the latest). After this latest install the phone was locking up constantly and draining the battery at 4 times the previous rate. While traveling I decided to use Rob's (helmi based) WM6 Verizon ROM . I can see why people here seem more excited about Rob's work than helmi's. The upgrade took no decisions and it works well. A phone that doesn't work can be a disaster (was for me this week) . Rob is performing the services of what's termed a VAR in our business. He's taking technical tools that can be dangerous in the hands of an average 6700 owner and creating something that works and is easy to install. Not all people have the time to experiment with the kitchen and rebuild after failed upgrades. I'm posting this so users trying to make up their minds about whether to upgrade know there's potential for failure using the kitchen but with Rob's (helmi based) WM6 ROM their phone will work.
Don't be ridiculous. You didn't have to experiment if you didn't want to. The default selections file in the kitchen will build a perfectly functional WM6 phone that works - and you won't have to make a single decision. The beauty of the kitchen is that not only can you make a variety of pre-made roms easily, you can customize them IF you want to. You don't have to.

If you built a ROM 6 times, it must not have been that dangerous

You'll notice from the prior few posts that you don't necessarily end up with a working phone when you use a premade rom, either. Upgrading is a complicated process, far from perfect no matter how you do it.

My point, btw, was that pre-made ROM distribution is a dying concept, not that there is something wrong with Rob's ROM (other than the original C&S designation - I see it's been appropriately relabeled to just C now). Heck, I use someone else's ROM too (I don't have time to experiment either) - but since mine was built in the kitchen, I don't have to configure or reload anything when I'm done flashing, no matter who's ROM definition I use. That's simply awesome.

Last edited by gguruusa; 02-24-2008 at 02:37 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development