PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Sergio is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6 Clean, No Junk Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
...My point, btw, was that pre-made ROM distribution is a dying concept,...
And that's why this thread keeps growing, and Geeks keep downloading the Clean, No Junk version.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: UTStarcomPPC6700
Carrier: Alltel

brahamamamma is a n00b

I'm sure this issue was addressed somewhere and i've run searches for it, but cant seem to locate the info, but i'm having a problem with text messaging, the sender is replaced by the first word of the message so i have no idea who sent it and cant reply. Forgive me for repeating what i KNOW i've seen somewhere, but what is the fix for this>???? its really becomming a problem!!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahamamamma View Post
I'm sure this issue was addressed somewhere and i've run searches for it, but cant seem to locate the info, but i'm having a problem with text messaging, the sender is replaced by the first word of the message so i have no idea who sent it and cant reply. Forgive me for repeating what i KNOW i've seen somewhere, but what is the fix for this>???? its really becomming a problem!!!!
Your right, this has been addressed elsewhere on the site although I can't remember where. I know that this is a general Apache WM6 problem though. The kitchen guys (I think) are working on WM6.1 and that includes threaded SMS, which will probably take care of the problem. There is also a threaded SMS .cab floating around here somewhere, maybe you could grab that and it might fix it for the time being. The kitchen crew would probably have more insight into the issue, I don't really use SMS that much anyway.

gguru, do you have any idea's about this?
Old 02-28-2008, 02:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: f
Carrier: f

cnr0616 is keeping up the good workcnr0616 is keeping up the good work

Love the ROM, thanks!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

roopull is becoming a great contributor

Hey Robmayer,
Just wanted to send you a thanks. I've downloaded a lot of different apps for my Apache & this is by far my favorite. Not only do I have more memory, but the device boots faster, opens programs faster & is simply easier to use. Sprint is too cheap to release WM6 for its customers (be warned potential Sprint Customers!!!)

I've added Live Search, Netfront 3.5, Pocket Plus (I don't use the today screen, but the other upgrads are great,) and Yahoo Go. It's made my little old phone like new again!

Thanks...
Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Why are you warning potential Sprint Customers? Just tell them to come here and turn their phone into something useful .
Old 03-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

markgleisner is a n00b

I have an XV6700 which I flashed to AKU 3.3 from utstar.com. I would like to flash to WM6, but when I have yried to do so using various ROMs, I get a variety of ROM error. I have bootloader 1.04 and haved tried to use RobMayer's ROM w/o success.

Does the upgrade to WM6 work with a 1.04 bootloader? Do I have to create my own ROM (looks like a long process to know what needs to be in or out of OEM folders).
Old 03-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, HTC HD2
Carrier: T Mobile

GundamWZero is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero

+1

I have been working on that HTC Apache kitchen for two days and I continously run into problems: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...358#post199358

I am currently downloading this clean version to see if this works.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, HTC HD2
Carrier: T Mobile

GundamWZero is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
+1

I have been working on that HTC Apache kitchen for two days and I continously run into problems: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...358#post199358

I am currently downloading this clean version to see if this works.
Just like I thought.....it doesn't work either.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

GundamWZero
Did you read the post prior to yours? He has the same setup you have.

MarkGleisner
What's difficult is knowing what the various OEMs do. It's akin to going to a restaurant with a big menu, and not recognizing the nams of the dishes. They all are edible, but which is best to you? It's simple enough to get a working WM6 rom, but people feel the need to achieve perfection once it's within reach.

At any rate, no, you don't have to use the kitchen. You can revert your bootloader and use Rob's rom (you'll need the NoID loader), or, he might even have a 1.04/2.04/2.05 version available (I wouldn't know)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development