Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 PM
dsteinschneider
N00b

dsteinschneider is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6 Clean, No Junk Version

Hi gguruusa,

My bubble was burst when I used the latest kitchen to build what I thought was a very simple and straightforward custom WM6 ROM. Its my 5th time upgrading (3 times on 3.x and two on WM6, one on the Oct, the second on the latest). After this latest install the phone was locking up constantly and draining the battery at 4 times the previous rate. While traveling I decided to use Rob's (helmi based) WM6 Verizon ROM . I can see why people here seem more excited about Rob's work than helmi's. The upgrade took no decisions and it works well. A phone that doesn't work can be a disaster (was for me this week) . Rob is performing the services of what's termed a VAR in our business. He's taking technical tools that can be dangerous in the hands of an average 6700 owner and creating something that works and is easy to install. Not all people have the time to experiment with the kitchen and rebuild after failed upgrades. I'm posting this so users trying to make up their minds about whether to upgrade know there's potential for failure using the kitchen but with Rob's (helmi based) WM6 ROM their phone will work.

Last edited by dsteinschneider; 02-22-2008 at 10:24 PM.