PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 06:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Kreigz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz
DST Troubles

Rob,

I have experienced problems with Helmi's original WM6 ROM for the Apache ... the DST problem, and poor performance with video in Media Player (also does behavior correctly when trying to play full screen.

Are these problems in your builds as well? I have beer and donuts to go around!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
good job homie on the new v5 release!
everythings been peachy!

you should consider working on a kitchen! or at least get in with verizonguy
Thanks Torx! I was considering a kitchen, but I dunno. Verizonguy seems to have it down for now. I'll see though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serhito View Post
I have a windows 6 version for Verizon installed on my 6700.
I do have a few bugs : 1) wifi issue with wpa 2) does not allow to dial a number followed with a pause and another number.
I would like to install your latest upgrade, however i am scared to mess up what i have now.
How can i find out which version is installed ?
Will I lose anything as far as datas or applications if i upgrade to your latest version ?

Thanks for your help.
You probably have Helmi's original WM6 installed. I have done some tweaks in my latest versions that have fixed a lot of those issues. However, if you update you will lose all information on your phone... so be sure to back up your contacts, appointments, tasks, ect. and make sure you have the .cab files to all your apps so you can reinstall them after the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigz View Post
Rob,

I have experienced problems with Helmi's original WM6 ROM for the Apache ... the DST problem, and poor performance with video in Media Player (also does behavior correctly when trying to play full screen.

Are these problems in your builds as well? I have beer and donuts to go around!
I have actually experienced pretty fair performance with my latest build. DST is definitely fixed and I have not experienced really bad performance in Media Player. I actually don't use Media Player to much though, I use CorePlayer which is well worth the cost... $20 I think. Anyway, you should go ahead and try my latest buid, it will probably be worth it for you. Hope this helped..
Old 10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
N00b

bmx045 is a n00b
the biggest issue I have with the 6700 WM6 is the fact that its very slow switching to landscape and back, the WM5 OS does it nearly instantly. I wish there was a WM6 rom out there that was a bit faster..
Old 10-30-2007, 02:45 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx045 View Post
the biggest issue I have with the 6700 WM6 is the fact that its very slow switching to landscape and back, the WM5 OS does it nearly instantly. I wish there was a WM6 rom out there that was a bit faster..
I gotta tell you, I noticed the same thing- until I started using the more recent Kitchens. I'm still using the 0.5 Kitchen and it switches views very quickly. A little less so with all the stuff I've got installed, but a darn sight faster than the original WM6 ROM.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

nkawal is becoming a great contributor
Rob, i say you try the kitchen, with all of your lilttle tweaks and mods, i'm sure it'll work great.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

h8train is a n00b
Well I just installed your latest b5 and have got everything back to the way I like it but no MMS, then returned to look at the change log and realized you removed mms because people were having problems with it. I see on page 21 you suggest installing our own mms program. Anyone have any recommendations for a stable MMS program? all I need to be able to do is send pix and flix, don't need any bells and whistles just stable MMS.

Please help as I MMS on a daily basis.

Thanks

Rich
Old 10-31-2007, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx045 View Post
Really? I didn't even realize that. I hardly use landscape mode, that must be why. If I have time I'll take a look into what might be slowing it down and see if I might be able to speed it up some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkawal View Post
Rob, i say you try the kitchen, with all of your lilttle tweaks and mods, i'm sure it'll work great.
Okay. I've been thinking if doing a kitchen for a little while. Maybe if I have the time I'll see what I can whip up in the next couple weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8train View Post
Well I just installed your latest b5 and have got everything back to the way I like it but no MMS, then returned to look at the change log and realized you removed mms because people were having problems with it. I see on page 21 you suggest installing our own mms program. Anyone have any recommendations for a stable MMS program? all I need to be able to do is send pix and flix, don't need any bells and whistles just stable MMS.

Please help as I MMS on a daily basis.

Thanks

Rich
If you need the original MMS, you can grab it from your extended_rom, it is the biggest file. Otherwise, I know there is another new version floating around in the Apache forums. The main reason people were having trouble is because of upgrading. If the MMS is flashed into ROM somtimes it's hard to update to a newer version because it requires overwriting the old files, ect. That either leaves you unable to upgrade, or stuck with two versions of MMS if you do. So I just avoided all the hassle and made MMS optional so you can do whatever you want with it.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hey everyone!

I know I promised carrier specific versions of build 5 by yesterday at the latest, but unfortunately my high speed internet has been down for a while and I'm unable to upload the ROMs to my ftp server even though they are finished. I'm currently online via tethering of my 6700. As soon as the high speed internet is back I'll upload them and post links on my site.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

WesWilkey is a n00b
Sprint EPST Activation from Dialer

Using B5 I've noticed that the dialer does not launch EPST when the codes are entered. I can run it via a homegrown lnk file. For example, entering ##778# on the dialer should pop up the ePST applet, it doesn't.

Sprint HTC Touch Pro (and lovin' it)
Old 10-31-2007, 05:45 PM
N00b

bmx045 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmayer View Post
Hey everyone!

I know I promised carrier specific versions of build 5 by yesterday at the latest, but unfortunately my high speed internet has been down for a while and I'm unable to upload the ROMs to my ftp server even though they are finished. I'm currently online via tethering of my 6700. As soon as the high speed internet is back I'll upload them and post links on my site.

Well as far as that portrait to landscape switching, I just loaded the 0.7 kitchen back to my phone again and its pretty fast, there must be a program(or two) that really slows it down, I sort of bareboned this time as far as the optional programs go.

One other thing- when I txf files to the phone from the computer, the transfer bar will stop at like 80% and the phone will disconnect. This happens when txf like an mp3 or something when using WM6, In WM5 its fine and I can txf large files without a hitch....(Advanced usb check box unchecked)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development