PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguaron View Post
For some reason the new build doesn't automatically sync hotmail and contacts, you need to do it manually even if you put in the schedule sync "as items arrive" this was working great with the other builds, is there something in particular that has changed or we need to change in order to fix this? I believe that with the carrier cuswtomizations this issue will be solved and probably is an "always on connection issue"?

Carlos
I'm working on carrier specific versions right now, they should be out before Wednesday. Hopefully that will take care of the issue.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache & AT&T 8525
Carrier: AT&T

GameDoctor is a n00b
Thumbs up VOIP Test Results...

Hi everyone,

VoIP / SIP will work (mostly) with only one registry edit. Robmayer, you may want to include this change in future releases. Found this on xda-developers.com forums posted by norus here .

Open a Registry editor and set the following:

HKLM\System\VoIP\SIP
EnablePort5060 = 1

Then use the "Setup VoIP" app under programs. Be sure to fill in proxy as well. Leave both ports set to UDP.

Next tab over to "Options" and set outgoing calls to "Whenever Available"

Click "Done" on bottom left, Yes to save and wait about 5 seconds or so to save.

Now when you have Wi-Fi enabled and logged in, when you go to dial a number your SIP provider you have set up should display in the Dial Pad window.

I used VoipBusterPro service for my tests. Since they are based overseas, you will need to prefix your dialing with "001" or it doesnt dial.

Example (951) 555-5555 is dialed as 0019515555555.

There is a small bug we need to put our heads together to fix however...

1. We still have no Today VoIP plug in working. It is used to display VoIP status and to easily toggle off SIP calling so you can use your cell carrier.

2. There is no incoming audio in the earpiece or speaker. The outgoing audio from the mic to the other party is incredibly widebanded and clear. However, you won't hear the other party. Perhaps this is related to broken today plugin?

There has been a small discovery that with replacing the rtcdll.dll file in the Windows folder, you will get incoming audio, but the volume is very low. So we may need to try out some dll files from some other phone builds to hopefully find one compatible to our hardware...?

I have an AT&T 8525 with WM6, and I have VoIP fully working on it, so this is possible.

That's what I have so far... Pitch in if you find something.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rtcdll.zip (672.8 KB, 61 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by GameDoctor; 10-28-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameDoctor View Post
Hi everyone,

VoIP / SIP will work (mostly) with only one registry edit. Robmayer, you may want to include this change in future releases. Found this on xda-developers.com forums posted by norus here .

Open a Registry editor and set the following:

HKLM\System\VoIP\SIP
EnablePort5060 = 1

Then use the "Setup VoIP" app under programs. Be sure to fill in proxy as well. Leave both ports set to UDP.

Next tab over to "Options" and set outgoing calls to "Whenever Available"

Click "Done" on bottom left, Yes to save and wait about 5 seconds or so to save.

Now when you have Wi-Fi enabled and logged in, when you go to dial a number your SIP provider you have set up should display in the Dial Pad window.

I used VoipBusterPro service for my tests. Since they are based overseas, you will need to prefix your dialing with "001" or it doesnt dial.

Example (951) 555-5555 is dialed as 0019515555555.

There is a small bug we need to put our heads together to fix however...

1. We still have no Today VoIP plug in working. It is used to display VoIP status and to easily toggle off SIP calling so you can use your cell carrier.

2. There is no incoming audio in the earpiece or speaker. The outgoing audio from the mic to the other party is incredibly widebanded and clear. However, you won't hear the other party. Perhaps this is related to broken today plugin?

There has been a small discovery that with replacing the rtcdll.dll file in the Windows folder, you will get incoming audio, but the volume is very low. So we may need to try out some dll files from some other phone builds to hopefully find one compatible to our hardware...?

I have an AT&T 8525 with WM6, and I have VoIP fully working on it, so this is possible.

That's what I have so far... Pitch in if you find something.
Definitely going to add the reg change in my carrier specific versions of B5.

Also, those wanting HTC Home 2.x... I cannot as of yet get this to work on the Apache. I have tried a couple things and no luck. Checked over at XDA-Developers and they have the same type of feedback regarding the issue.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Lurker

Herules is a n00b
Ver 5

I was using Ver 4 and very stable and clean, I installed Ver 5 and I am having problems with the touch screen, I have realigned several times. This is a new unit only 3 weeks old.Anyone else having touchscreen issues? It will work fine for a while then it will input letters 3-4 digits from the digit touched.

Thanks for all the work!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

tr2518 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herules View Post
I was using Ver 4 and very stable and clean, I installed Ver 5 and I am having problems with the touch screen, I have realigned several times. This is a new unit only 3 weeks old.Anyone else having touchscreen issues? It will work fine for a while then it will input letters 3-4 digits from the digit touched.

Thanks for all the work!
I've had touch screen alignment problems from time to time with the different ROMs I have flashed. I actually exchanged the first phone I had which was running the stock ROM because of alignment issues. It has been the same as you have stated.

Try using a business card to clean out around the edge of the screen and then realign it. I have had success in doing this.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr2518 View Post
I've had touch screen alignment problems from time to time with the different ROMs I have flashed. I actually exchanged the first phone I had which was running the stock ROM because of alignment issues. It has been the same as you have stated.

Try using a business card to clean out around the edge of the screen and then realign it. I have had success in doing this.
Yeah, sometimes a common issue with these phones. tr2518 is right, try what he suggested. I also used to have alignment issues and believe it or not, I narrowed it down to it being the mobile glove case I was using. Somehow the magnet in the case was interfering with the phone. I ended up getting the phone replaced anyway though just to be safe. Other than that I have not noticed alignment issues with any other roms since.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
good job homie on the new v5 release!
everythings been peachy!

you should consider working on a kitchen! or at least get in with verizonguy
Old 10-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
Torx,

Are you using sprint?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

serhito is a n00b
I have a windows 6 version for Verizon installed on my 6700.
I do have a few bugs : 1) wifi issue with wpa 2) does not allow to dial a number followed with a pause and another number.
I would like to install your latest upgrade, however i am scared to mess up what i have now.
How can i find out which version is installed ?
Will I lose anything as far as datas or applications if i upgrade to your latest version ?

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
yea, sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development