PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6700 now HTC Titan6800 now I'm using the Touch(6900)-8gig micro sd card s2u2 with motorola T505
Carrier: Alltel

SidDuced is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
crashed

Hey man I really need help now. I downloaded the wm6 build and I don't know what happened. I extracted the files into my storage card than I touched the "ENTERBL" file and now everything is wiped out. I tried to do a hard reset but nothing starts. Please help.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:32 PM
N00b

raymondh is a n00b
Caller ID Messed up

I just installed this and everything seems to be working with the exception of caller ID on phone calls and text messages. It just shows the number and doesn't match that number with my contacts in my address book. Is there a solution to this?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameDoctor View Post
I'm wondering if Helmi_c has given up on Apache development, or just lost interest in PPCGeeks. He hasn't even made a post since Sept. 3rd.

I would not hold my breath for an "official" kitchen from him. I know it takes a lot of development time for these things, but the lack of any postings is not a good sign, especially when you are a Super Moderator.
errr.. yeah, I hear ya. Doesn't seem to promising, unless of course he is planning a big suprise But how likely is that? At least verizonguy has a kitchen out, but I really have had my hopes up on one from Helmi for a while. Mostly because I heard a rumor that it was going to have a newer build of WM6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidDuced View Post
Hey man I really need help now. I downloaded the wm6 build and I don't know what happened. I extracted the files into my storage card than I touched the "ENTERBL" file and now everything is wiped out. I tried to do a hard reset but nothing starts. Please help.
Oops, that not good at all. Running those files from your 6700 is going to cause bad things to happen. You have to flash your 6700 from your PC. I have a tutorial on how to do this on my homepage: www.6700development.com. Sounds like you got yourself stuck in bootloader mode. Don't worry though, easily fixed. First, go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7049, download the uni_exitbootloader_180 file to your pc, extract the contents, disable usb connections in activesync, plug your phone into your pc, run uni_exitbootloader from the folder you just downloaded and extracted and you device should boot.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondh View Post
I just installed this and everything seems to be working with the exception of caller ID on phone calls and text messages. It just shows the number and doesn't match that number with my contacts in my address book. Is there a solution to this?
First, you did restore all of your contacts after the update, right? If so, have you messed around with the slot cycle index? I changed it to a higher number once to try and increase battery life, but it caused my incoming calls not to mach up with me address book too. If you have changed this setting, make sure to put it back to default, otherwise don't worry about it.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:41 PM
N00b

raymondh is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmayer View Post
First, you did restore all of your contacts after the update, right? If so, have you messed around with the slot cycle index? I changed it to a higher number once to try and increase battery life, but it caused my incoming calls not to mach up with me address book too. If you have changed this setting, make sure to put it back to default, otherwise don't worry about it.
I'm on an exchange server so all my contacts came back after I synced.

I haven't messed with any settings after I flashed.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4
Carrier: Sprint

daveedem is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameDoctor View Post
I'm wondering if Helmi_c has given up on Apache development, or just lost interest in PPCGeeks. He hasn't even made a post since Sept. 3rd.

I would not hold my breath for an "official" kitchen from him. I know it takes a lot of development time for these things, but the lack of any postings is not a good sign, especially when you are a Super Moderator.

Nope,, I think he's not posting directly any longer. I think he's working through verizonguy and luv2chill.

The guys a genius... even if you were really pissed at someone sniping your stuff... you'd walk away for a few but you'd be back... you'd be drawn.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:32 PM
N00b

bmx045 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmayer View Post
Might have bootloader 2.05. What does it say at the bottom of the screen when you put it into bootloader? If it says v. 2.05, that's why and you will have to talk to somebody in the chatroom to get help, or pm me and I will walk to through getting back to v. 2.02 so you can flash WM6.

Bootloader v1.04
Old 10-27-2007, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Lazybones is a n00b
Ok I have a problem and it also existed in the original Helmi_c release. When the device boots up after a reset the simple pin password screen appears (active sync company policy). anyway it seems that most of the time this screen will lockup when I click the unlock soft key after entering my pin.. If I let it sit for something like 2 min it will eventual go, and sometimes it just works.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Never mind I found several posts indicating it is still a problem... Damn I don't want to flash back town to WM5 again.

Last edited by Lazybones; 10-27-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Lurker

SirBadWolf is a n00b
Extended rom

I was just wondering rob. Can all the cabs be deleted that are in the extended rom from the clean install? Is there anything that needs to be left in there? Does unlocking the rom add it to a device memory? Or is it always going to be a separate partition?
Thanks for all your hard work
Old 10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBadWolf View Post
I was just wondering rob. Can all the cabs be deleted that are in the extended rom from the clean install? Is there anything that needs to be left in there? Does unlocking the rom add it to a device memory? Or is it always going to be a separate partition?
Thanks for all your hard work
You can delete everything in the extended rom. Use the extended rom unlocker first, then delete the contents. Then you can use it is storage space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian2pm View Post
how do i get my mogul to look like this with the big clock on top . is this for the 6700 only?
Try seraching for HTC Home today plugin WM5

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development