PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
HTC Streaming Media is the default for youtube mobile, ect. Actually, I just finished my Stock WM6 for any Apache anyway. Maybe this will clear some of the issues up you all are having. It is completely stock except for the HTC programs, because I don't consider them 3rd party programs... more like 2nd party from the manufacturer. This being completely stock though, you will have to set up your data connection and mms. Thats not a big deal though... data is normally #777 for VZW and SPCS, and then just install the right mms package and your set. I'll be uploading it sometime tonight.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache & AT&T 8525
Carrier: AT&T

GameDoctor is a n00b
VOIP today plugin ?

Great ROM, thanks a bunch! Using Verizon v3.

I have noticed that the Apache flavor WM6 ROMs don't seem to have the VOIP today plug in available (like my 8525 WM6 does). Even after installing the WM6_VOIP cabs out there, nothing other than a config tool for SIP shows up.

I was hoping to use my Apache as a SIP VOIP phone using ViopBusterPro over Wi-Fi.

Do I need to do some registry edits? This would be very nice to have in there...
Old 10-22-2007, 10:55 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Another little glitch. MSVC is not activating with a short button push on Button5. Settings say it is, but definitely not. It is working correctly via BT headset.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Supermanwoot is a n00b
I went back to WM5 using the verizon official update rom w/ 1.43 radio after using this. I have to admit, this WM6 rom was the best I used.

I just want to know one thing. The messaging used in this rom with the email settings and everything works perfectly. Is there some way to get that same system on WM5 because wow that was great, I just reverted to WM5 for speed, which improved a lot for me
Old 10-22-2007, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700SP on Ntelos

shawnhenson is a n00b
ok I have run the 1st one from you and have not had a SINGLE lockup. what have you taken out from the helmi version? there is something in there (missing now) and is not causing my phone to freeze up anymore.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Another little glitch. MSVC is not activating with a short button push on Button5. Settings say it is, but definitely not. It is working correctly via BT headset.
I just looked at it... i can't get anything to map to button 5 for some reason. Try mapping it to button 5 push and hold, and it should activate with a single push of the button after you set it to that.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
robmayer,

many thanks for the ROM. I've been using V2 for since you released it. I had been using Helmi's original and honestly, didn't really have any issues with it. I don't think I'm using all the features that some of the other posters use as I'm in front of my PC damn near 12 hours a day anyhow. But I like the idea of a smaller footprint.

I'm also running lazyboy's iphone theme and while the theme is cool, WA2 and WAD is a memory hog. I'd had to soft reset a few times (last time it took me 6 times to get it all running again). I think it's probably WA causing the issue, but the theme was done on WA2 and I don't want to hardreset a bunch messing with it to get it working with WA3. I'm working on finding an emulator to mess around with.

As for your ROM, it's been an easy install with no real issues. I did experience the issue with the SD card not showing, but a few times inserting and reinserting seemed to do the trick. Your bootloader worked fine, although I keep an XP machine around just in case. I think I saw a post about using yours with Vista.

I'm also using 1.41 radio and am hesitant to go to 1.43.

Is there any real way to to backup all the customizations before you hardreset and load a new rom?

Thanks again. I'm probably going to go to your latest sprint version here shortly.

Daveedem
Old 10-22-2007, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
robmayer,

many thanks for the ROM. I've been using V2 for since you released it. I had been using Helmi's original and honestly, didn't really have any issues with it. I don't think I'm using all the features that some of the other posters use as I'm in front of my PC damn near 12 hours a day anyhow. But I like the idea of a smaller footprint.

I'm also running lazyboy's iphone theme and while the theme is cool, WA2 and WAD is a memory hog. I'd had to soft reset a few times (last time it took me 6 times to get it all running again). I think it's probably WA causing the issue, but the theme was done on WA2 and I don't want to hardreset a bunch messing with it to get it working with WA3. I'm working on finding an emulator to mess around with.

As for your ROM, it's been an easy install with no real issues. I did experience the issue with the SD card not showing, but a few times inserting and reinserting seemed to do the trick. Your bootloader worked fine, although I keep an XP machine around just in case. I think I saw a post about using yours with Vista.

I'm also using 1.41 radio and am hesitant to go to 1.43.

Is there any real way to to backup all the customizations before you hardreset and load a new rom?

Thanks again. I'm probably going to go to your latest sprint version here shortly.

Daveedem
Hey Daveedem,

I also used Helmi's original for a while and I never had any real issues either. He has really done some great work. But what I have done is stripped all "junk" away and left only stock and HTC stock apps, as well as added some fixes and enhancements. I know you mentioned WA and WA2, and yes... those programs can be quite the memory hogs sometimes. Chris over at Lakeridge has really done a great job developing and fine tuning Wisbar Advance though. I know WA3 is out now(haven't used it much) and it might be a little lighter on your system. I know, I used to make skins a lot over a lakeridge, but that was back when WA2 was just released. Plus, my system just ran a lot better without all that... so I stopped, espcially when I upgraded to WM6. But anyway, if you can hold off until tonight I will be posting my Sprint WM6 Build 4 HTC Stock version, and it works quite a bit smoother than the Sprint v.3 release. Lastly, I'm not really aware a program to back up all customizations. Closest I could possible give you is PIM Backup, and that just backs up database stuff... contacts, sms, ect. Well, hope I helped a little. Look out for the new build. it will be here when it is posted: http://6700development.googlepages.com/downloads

Last edited by robmayer; 10-22-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

nkawal is becoming a great contributor
Love your work man, tried all 3 versions for sprint, keeps getting better and better. I do have a favor of you, can you post the resco's file explorer that you took out of the original and post it on your board so that we can install it back, alot of us like using the resco explorer v.6 alot better that the built in one from WM. Once Again, Thanks Alot...........Your ROM's has been nothing but smooth sailing.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkawal View Post
Love your work man, tried all 3 versions for sprint, keeps getting better and better. I do have a favor of you, can you post the resco's file explorer that you took out of the original and post it on your board so that we can install it back, alot of us like using the resco explorer v.6 alot better that the built in one from WM. Once Again, Thanks Alot...........Your ROM's has been nothing but smooth sailing.
Resco File Explorer v.6.16 now in my downloads section here: http://6700development.googlepages.com/downloads, near the bottom of the page. Hope that helped you out Nick, and the rest of you.

Also, to those who have posted unanswered questions, I plan to get to them soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development