PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 05:38 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
take your time, dont get burnt out
Old 10-20-2007, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Kreigz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz
Verizon 1.43 Radio

Say, guys, what's the difference between the stock radio and the 1.43?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Lurker

philgross is a n00b
problem with activesync domains?

I love your clean ROM, but I have a potentially dealbreaking problem. I ActiveSync to an exchange server on a domain. But in the server connection dialog, the "domain" field under username and password is grayed out, and I can't enter anything there. I haven't seen this problem with other ROMs. Was there perhaps one registry entry removed too far?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Lurker

philgross is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by philgross View Post
I love your clean ROM, but I have a potentially dealbreaking problem. I ActiveSync to an exchange server on a domain. But in the server connection dialog, the "domain" field under username and password is grayed out, and I can't enter anything there. I haven't seen this problem with other ROMs. Was there perhaps one registry entry removed too far?
Never mind. One of a) deleting and recreating the server entry, or b) explicitly putting https:// before the server address, fixed the problem
Old 10-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Lurker

philgross is a n00b
Quote:
Never mind. One of a) deleting and recreating the server entry, or b) explicitly putting https:// before the server address, fixed the problem
Correction: the problem was that I was not looking carefully at my instructions, and put an '@' in my username, instead of the WM6-compatible underscore (this is all for connecting to my mail2web.com account). As soon as an @ appears in a username, WM6 grays out the domain field...
Old 10-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Rickytr23 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Rickytr23
do you have the kitchen program I would like to give a shot and make my own Verizon: wm6
Old 10-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: sprint

Josh_131 is a n00b
ok so I have a quick possibly noob question.
I just put on the WM6 Clean Ver. 3 on my 6700 for sprint.

Will this change my situation with tethering? I used to be able to tether for free with WM5.

With WM6 does this change? Also how does internet sharing work? does that charge?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
On my pda, so this may be brief.

Rickytr23,

I am currently not using any sort of kitchen to make my roms, but I saw that verizonguy just released one. You should go check it out, its under HTC APACHE, UPGRADES, and it should be near the top.

Josh_131,

Your tethering will be free just as it was in WM5, and the Internet Sharing app makes it easier than ever.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa View Post
In next Generic version (V.3) is possible the new MSN MOBILE MESSENGER? latest version?.. and no LIVE SEARCH and ADOBE READER.. for ROM more speed?

Great Job my friend..!!! Great Job!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa View Post
a question: the 1.43 Radio version is compatible for Generic V.2 ROM, or is ONLY for VERIZON?

greetings from Venezuela...
Actually v.3 is going to be great for you. Basically, I'm going to strip out everything and leave only stock, and I mean stock ONLY. I have a reason behind this, and that would be because it just seems as though 3rd party apps built into the rom just cause problems, especially when trying to upgrade them. So I am junking all the junk and v.3 is going to be 100% clean! Also, the new 1.43 radio is Verizon only To be honest, I have been having many problems with it to, and definately have not seen any noticeable improvements either. But anyway, thanks for the compliments on my work, I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
been running v3, no probs so far!
been doing my usual routines and some extensive testing i usually dont do.. everything seems to be fine!
Thanks Torx, I have been very thankful for your testing since practically day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seang View Post
roger that!
i am loving it.
Very happy to hear you enjoy the ROM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesWilkey View Post
This is a great cleanup!!!

I loaded the Sprint V3 and so far very good. One issue I came across though. If I try to download a cab file off the internet with PIE it doesn't prompt to save it, it just opens it in the browser like it thought it was an html page, but obviously you get garbage. Sonds like the MIME types are missing. Perhaps in the reg cleanups? I haven't tried other file types yet.

Thanks again.
Actually, i have noticed this issue with WM5 too. PIE just has an issue with some sites, and causes problems like that. Try downloading a .cab file from a different site and see what happens, then let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClay View Post
YO... let's all remember the hard work and laborious effort that Brother Rob has put into these Clean Releases! Make sure you share your gratitude with a good word and a donation if you have it – let’s make sure he knows how much we appreciate his continued work with these ROMs.
Wow, It's nice hear from people like you once in a while! Many thanks to you for realizing the hard work I have put into these releases, and the work being put into future releases as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls6tt View Post
figure Ill post this here versus starting a thread, but I am considering this ROM to replace my WM5. Will my WM5 apps work with WM6?
Yes and no. Most Windows Mobile 5 apps will function just fine. But once in a while you will come across a rouge app that will just refuse to work correctly in an OS it was not intended for. I'd say go for it, I have had no incompatibility problems with any of my WM5 apps in WM6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbreisch View Post
Been using Sprint v2 for a few days now. Works great! And I've used the HTC Home Customizer with no problems. I would prefer if the ROM either didn't include HTC Home or had HTC Home 2.0.x rather than 1.5.x, but I can live with it. That's a very very very minor nit.

The only significant nit I have is that SOTI Pocket Controller doesn't like this ROM. It takes me two times to connect every time now. Always used to connect first time every time. There could be settings I can alter on either the desktop or the PPC to fix this. I haven't looked yet.

I will upgrade to v3 next week unless there's a v4 by then. Right now I want to stick with v2 for a while longer.

Thanks for all the hard work, and I will certainly contribute!
I am really going to try putting the new HTC Home into the next version or the one after that. I might even be able to cook up something custom for you on the side if I have the time, if you wanted HTC Home completely gone. Also, I'm not to familiar with Pocket Controller. It may just be a general WM6 incompatibility issue. Maybe you could try other versions, like Helmi's and see if it produces similar results. lastly, I'm trying to get v.4 out as soon as possible. It may or may no be available by the time you are ready to upgrade again. We'll see though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfld View Post
Is there anyway i can change the phone app?? I like the one on kirvins better.. it seems i can dial a number but theres no way to actually place the call via touchscreen? Maybe im doing something wrong.
There are many other 3rd party phone dialers out there if you google for them. But I did purposely leave this dialer in my ROM because a lot of people like it and I honestly find it to be redundant to have a talk button on the screen, and one on the hardware button.

Quote:
Also another question... in the sprint v3 rom it says htc task manager has been disabled by default... does that mean i can enable it somehow?? or do i need to actually install the task manager again
I have actually completely removed the HTC Task manager. I found it to be a big problem. I like to have Windows manage my programs for me, and I use a task manager only to list open programs, not to close them by hitting the x button. If you do lean more towards using a task manager, I prefer pBar, it is an excellent lightweight piece of software.

Quote:
hey rob my office is in warren btw lol
Really?? I actually just moved here from Grosse Pointe about 2 months ago. I'm at 12 and Dequindre. i guess this world is kinda small. That's cool to know though. Where do you work at? That is, if you don't mind telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlog View Post
I'm getting an error with verizon v3 that says "RAPI.dll" was not found. Any ideas? I flash with the PC im trying it on all the time :\
Yep, RAPI.dll is an activesync component. Try reinstalling... which I think later in the thread you said you did. I'm really glad you enjoy the ROM though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
Is this WM6 upgrade worth it over the present WM5 installed on my Sprint PPC-6700? Would it use more of the devices RAM?
I think WM6 is a huge improvement of WM5. You should really go for it. As far as ram goes, you will have about the same: 36mb storage and 30mb of ram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360discgolf View Post
Lovng your version so far. I am running Sprint v.1... I had to do a hard reset this morning, but I think it was because the ROM didn't like the Ultimate Search tool that I was taking for a test drive.

I will report again later, but everything seems to be functioning just fine.
I hope it was the Ultimate Search Tool. But of course if it wasn't, let me know and I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigz View Post
Say, guys, what's the difference between the stock radio and the 1.43?
Honestly, I have noticed absolutely no difference. I have actually been dropping more calls now! Go ahead and try it if you like, but I recommend you just stick with stock.

Quote:
Correction: the problem was that I was not looking carefully at my instructions, and put an '@' in my username, instead of the WM6-compatible underscore (this is all for connecting to my mail2web.com account). As soon as an @ appears in a username, WM6 grays out the domain field...
So you have it figured out now? I hope so... if you have any other questions though, feel free to let me know.

Last edited by robmayer; 10-20-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

BobC is a n00b
Any possibliity of hosting the files somewhere besides RapidShare? Looks like I've hit my free downloads limit.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development