PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Lurker

PDubs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreisdaluz View Post
Did anyone try to use ##code? Before the upgrade it was working fine. I'm using Vivo, a Brazilian carrier. The codes used to be ##code# + talk, but it doesn't work on wm6.
Should be working. I did the ##786# (and did not press talk) and it went into the appropriate mode.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

JustDavid is keeping up the good workJustDavid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to JustDavid Send a message via MSN to JustDavid Send a message via Yahoo to JustDavid
My network uses WPA-PSK also, and 9 out of 10 times, it will not connect. There is no pattern of when it does connect. One time it connected to WiFi when I put it back in the cradle. Then sometimes when it is connected, it will disconnect and tell me the key is wrong. Quite aggravating, but that's the only problem I've run in to so far. And Helmi_C did an awesome job with this ROM.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started
I also get the error sometimes when trying to connect to 777.

Another strange thing, when my device is connected to PC it still calls 777 to update programs (such as weather in HTC Home).

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
Oh, one question though-I'm with alltel so what should the new prl be?
Running this upgrade shouldn't affect your PRL at all. You can check to see what it is under Start/Settings/System/Device Information.

The latest "official" Alltel PRL for the 6700 is 30008. However, this PRL doesn't allow you to roam on Sprint's EvDO... you will only get 1X data when roaming. If you need Sprint EvDO roaming, you can go to my site http://www.the-answerman.com and click on "Alltel PRLs" to get a copy of PRL 40023 (it's actually a data card PRL but I have been running it on my 6700 for the past several months and it works fine for both voice and data).

Alltel has been very slow to update smartphones to Sprint EvDO roaming for some reason... the Treo 700WX only got it about a couple months ago, the Moto Q just got it in the last couple of weeks, and they have never pushed it to the 6700).

Instructions on how to manually update the PRL are on my site as well.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

firegeek is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by javo419 View Post
Holding the "1" key on the screen will get it to dial the voicemail.
Wow... you mean it's that easy! After 9 months with this phone I've been wondering how to check my voicemail. Must have a few thousand waiting for me....

All sarcasm aside, the issue is that the 1 button does nothing, just brings up smart dial. I go to the speed dial set up and it will not allow me to set up the 1. Can so the rest just not 1.

Thanks for the input.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T TILT Kaiser WM 6.1
Carrier: Vivo Brazil

jreisdaluz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jreisdaluz Send a message via Skype™ to jreisdaluz
I don't know. Maybe must be the Brazilian carrier rom, but still ##codes doesn't work for me even if I don't press talk (there is no "talk" in the new rom).
Old 09-02-2007, 01:54 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by answerman View Post
Running this upgrade shouldn't affect your PRL at all. You can check to see what it is under Start/Settings/System/Device Information.

The latest "official" Alltel PRL for the 6700 is 30008. However, this PRL doesn't allow you to roam on Sprint's EvDO... you will only get 1X data when roaming. If you need Sprint EvDO roaming, you can go to my site http://www.the-answerman.com and click on "Alltel PRLs" to get a copy of PRL 40023 (it's actually a data card PRL but I have been running it on my 6700 for the past several months and it works fine for both voice and data).

Alltel has been very slow to update smartphones to Sprint EvDO roaming for some reason... the Treo 700WX only got it about a couple months ago, the Moto Q just got it in the last couple of weeks, and they have never pushed it to the 6700).

Instructions on how to manually update the PRL are on my site as well.
I can confirm this works. I'm using the 40023 PRL myself. I don't have a any problems with it for voice or data.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:13 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmtbandit View Post
Go to ota.wsync.com and download it. It is part of the extended ROm. But if you let that all install it screws up MMS,SMS etc.

You mean if I let all the Extended Roms install, my MMS/SMS screws up, or if I install Wirless Sync all together?
Old 09-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

k_ogre is a n00b
ok not a bug but...

ok this is not a bug but I could use some info
using the spring rom I would get the error 100 (not a suported device)
but I could get it to work with the generic rom (just had to manually set up the net dialer)
what I'd like to know is what I'm missing from the sprint rom
Old 09-02-2007, 09:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: apache
Carrier: china telecom

jnjn is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jnjn Send a message via AIM to jnjn Send a message via MSN to jnjn
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by will0861 View Post
My WiFi was not working either. I had my network set up with WPA-PSK, and it worked with WM5. After the upgrade, I could not access WiFi. I just changed my network over to WEP, and my phone connected right away. Any ideas?

I definitely think this deserves a donation. I'm very happy so far, and only have the wifi issue.
Mine seems even not connect to WEP secured APs. However, I'm not very sure about that, just tested it once with WEP. But WPA-PSK is definitely not working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development