View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 01:54 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by answerman View Post
Running this upgrade shouldn't affect your PRL at all. You can check to see what it is under Start/Settings/System/Device Information.

The latest "official" Alltel PRL for the 6700 is 30008. However, this PRL doesn't allow you to roam on Sprint's EvDO... you will only get 1X data when roaming. If you need Sprint EvDO roaming, you can go to my site http://www.the-answerman.com and click on "Alltel PRLs" to get a copy of PRL 40023 (it's actually a data card PRL but I have been running it on my 6700 for the past several months and it works fine for both voice and data).

Alltel has been very slow to update smartphones to Sprint EvDO roaming for some reason... the Treo 700WX only got it about a couple months ago, the Moto Q just got it in the last couple of weeks, and they have never pushed it to the 6700).

Instructions on how to manually update the PRL are on my site as well.
I can confirm this works. I'm using the 40023 PRL myself. I don't have a any problems with it for voice or data.