PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 12:59 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by covici View Post
OK, thanks -- some reason I thought VC was included. One thing, the Resco file explorer seems to have a very short trial period or maybe its expired altogether -- I did have a code so it was no problem, but someone might want to let people know.

Also, and maybe this is a wm6 problem, but in the notifications tab of sounds and notifications, there is no way to play the file! The phone ringer has it, but not the notifications tab.

Thanks again.
Apparently some builds of WM6 do have MSVC included. For reasons discussed earlier in this thread, this one does not. So you aren't crazy to think that.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:01 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINYA View Post
do we need to put the extended rom cabs in after the wm6 upgrade or is it not needed
If you use a branded ROM for a particular ISP, you should not let any extROM cabs run. That includes the ones that will try to run "in 3 seconds" after you hard reset and after the flash.
If you use the non-branded generic ROM, then you should run whichever cabs you want.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Calk's VK

sbello81 is becoming a great contributor
i let everything run because i wanted to make sure i didn't have any problems, and my phone has never worked this good EVER...not even out of the box. i'm shocked at how efficient it is now; i have no problems at all
Old 09-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by covici View Post
Also, and maybe this is a wm6 problem, but in the notifications tab of sounds and notifications, there is no way to play the file! The phone ringer has it, but not the notifications tab.
I found that if you select a different sound, it will play automatically. Just keep doing that until you find one you like.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

wpaulson is a n00b
Help starting bootloader

OK - I'm following these steps to get my 6700 into bootloader mode -
"Put your device in bootloader mode (RECORD+POWER+RESET) "
but screen goes blank and nothing happens? Is bootloader on the device, or do I need to download and load? THanks
Old 09-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

wpaulson is a n00b
6700 bootloader question

Where is the install option?
All I can get is a dark screen with USB on top and v2.02 on the bottom. These are barely visible with the dark screen. That is with the USB cable plugged in. If I remove it I get Serial v2.02. I have the .rar opened and saved on my phone card so the .exe is ready to go. How do I start the .exe from the USB screen? Thanks
Old 09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Lurker

bf2loser is a n00b
plug your phone into your computer so it says "usb" again, then from your computer run the .exe and follow the onscreen instructions...you do not run it from your phone
Old 09-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

thrillwillflight is a n00b
i get the same thing, but when i ran it as a .rar it doesn't give instructions so i saved it as a .exe file and tried to run it that way. the only difference is my screen says v1.02 so i'm running v1.02 version for verizon. do i keep it saved as a .rar file?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC 6700

wheezer is a n00b
So, I upgraded my PPC 6700 Sprint and now it seems to frequently ring only 1 time or 1/2 of a ring before going to voicemail. I know it likely has something to do with polling the towers.

What do I need to modify in the registry to make it "Talk" to the tower more often so I don't miss these incoming calls?

Also, just send some $$ to Helmi who should be rewarded for his efforts.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

rspppcgeeks is a n00b
I was able to do a GLRestore after upgrading and GL was running fine for the 2 days I was testing it. But then I had to replace my device (I had dropped it and broke the sound before upgrading). After the replacement, I wasn't able to do a GLRestore; had the same symptoms as you. I'm hoping that a new install using OTASetup with a new GL PIN will fix the problem. Hope to try that tomorrow.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development