PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Lurker

twister36 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I too upgraded my Sprint 6700 with no major problems... just had to turn on bluetooth to get Wifi working correctly
Old 09-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work
Was hesitant, but did it yesterday. Absolutely no problems here. Sprint 6700, working great!
Old 09-08-2007, 03:20 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiebaby473 View Post
Any updates on crimsonlung's situation?

My husbands phone is through Sprint (like his) and I wantto make sure this kind of thing isnt going to happen to me if I try to flash his, and if so, what I can do if it does...

Has anyone else been successful flashing the Sprint ROM? Please PM me about it, as this thread is spreading like wildfire...
Not to say that it will never happen like that, but I think that most people who have flashed using the Sprint WM6 ROM are doing well.
I have had minimal issues on mine since flashing it within 10 minutes of release.
So far, the only issues worth mentioning are the inability to connect to my WPA encrypted WiFi network and the lack of a character counter on my SMS messages. Everything else is working very well. Some things have taken some tinkering, like ActiveSyncy, MSVC, installation of PocketInformant and some general settings that seemed to want to change by themselves once in a while- but nothing that would convince me to go back to WM5.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

carbolic is a n00b
newby dweeb

I have the RAR file- I extracted it- But I can't find the darn phone when I plug in the USB and browse under the destination to drop-down- I tried a few different usb ports- The machine verifies with the "bing" sort of sound when I hook and un-hook- HELP! (xv6700)
Old 09-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700
Carrier: Claro Codetel

m15t1k0 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to m15t1k0 Send a message via Yahoo to m15t1k0 Send a message via Skype™ to m15t1k0
Cool Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m15t1k0 View Post
Guys,
Does the "Touch flow" of the mogul works on the PPC6700 with this ROM???
It would be freaking nice the interface...
Can anyone answer me? nobody tried this?
Old 09-08-2007, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Well, being a cautious sort I waited to post my full review until I had been running it for a while. I installed the WM6 (Alltel) last Friday (like everyone else ) and it's been a little over a week.

I am thoroughly impressed. Especially considering the "beta" status of this ROM.

The single most important thing I expect from my Apache is STABILITY. And that is exactly what I have received with this upgrade. I have reset my phone exactly ZERO (count 'em, 0) times in the past 8 days for reasons having to do with performance (had to reset a couple of times due to PRL updates, installing new apps, etc.) but I have had absolutely NO problems with the stability of the device.

Everything I need to run works great, and the phone never slows down (though it seems just a touch slower than the 3.5 v1.0.2 I was running previously). However, I will gladly take that minor (stressing that it is very minor) hit in speed if the tradeoff is a phone that I never have to reset.

Helmi (genuflecting and making the sign of the "H"), you are truly the best. You have outdone yourself with the most stable ROM for the Apache ever to come out of this community. I have already sent my $20 donation, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

I was all set to move on to a 6800 (Mogul for you Sprint folks) for reasons having nothing to do with how well my Apache works (physlcally, it's starting to fall apart) but this is making it a very tough decision. Can't wait to see the kitchen.

I wholeheartedly recommend this upgrade for anyone who is considering it.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: vzw

Zlog is a n00b
An absolutly amazing peice of work done here. I'm posting after having had it on my xv6700 for a few days and I am just blown away. Everything that needs to work works, and 99% of everything else works too. The only setback is that afformentioned WPA connectivity, which I'm sure is being worked on since it sounds to be a problem everyone is having

great work!
Old 09-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC diamond
Carrier: bell mobility

wasfi is a n00b
thx but that is another story i am new to this world and when i got my 6700 i uped to bell 3.31 which is very bad as i see here you get rom 2.04 and then you cant use 3.5 or wm6
but am still searching for something to bring my 6700 out of that rom
Old 09-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
From what I have been hearing, this upgrade effectively makes the 6700 a better phone that the 6800. My WiFi works great... I am just suffering from AD2P problems (like many others).
Old 09-08-2007, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael

allanak is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to allanak Send a message via AIM to allanak Send a message via MSN to allanak Send a message via Yahoo to allanak
Everything working great for me aside from not being able to get on my WPA network, as others mentioned (without reading the ~1000 other posts). I just paired my Moto HT820's and I'm using A2DP without a hitch. Also noticed that the bluetooth profile now supports sending battery level and signal strength where before I had to use Jetware to get these. Anybody notice a way to send all contacts at once over bluetooth yet?

SERO 1250 + unlimited text, TEP and free Airave <$55/mo

Last edited by allanak; 09-08-2007 at 09:10 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development