PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 03:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

covici is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to covici
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemize View Post
I had this same problem trying to flash it from my Vista Ultimate. I ended up doing it from an XP machine and it went through without a hitch.
OK, I will definitely try that. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

the18thtee is just getting started
@jakemize
@covici

Try running the updater in XPsp2 compatibility mode. Also make sure you put your phone in bootloader before plugging it into the USB. Also, try this link for other help with flashing in Vista.
http://www.modaco.com/RUU-Vista-done-u-t252977.html
4. Give THANKS to those who deserve it!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Boot screens...

Sample boot screens on the way if anyone wants...
I'll have to zip these since for some reason the forum is converting them from PNG to JPG upon uploading attachments. Weird....
But I'll be making a whole series of these (more complex and better than these simple 5 minute jobs).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Apache2.jpg (9.0 KB, 123 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IAN LOGO 1.jpg (6.2 KB, 101 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz
ok,
I've been using Helmi's wm6 rom for days and I cannot believe how stable and snappy I has been. there is definitely a donation being sent when I get paid again. I think the only real issue I've found is that no matter what I do MS voice command will not anounce any calls. I have it installed to ram and I selected no ringer and all options are enabled in vc options. I don't know what else to do. voice command does everything except announce!

For next release helmi if I could suggest maybe getting rid of the resco shareware stuff. I don't use any of that.

now some questions for all you awesome ppcgeeks!

1) where is the options to set up a wireless headset, to listen to music? I know I read that wm6 had AD2P but I can't find anywhere to do that?

2) I searched the other thread but couldt find this answer. With regards to the extended rom. since all of the cutomization came in the rom, can I just delete all the cabs and clear up the extended rom 2? then I could use that for my e-mail attachments or something.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
So when I first loaded this I could watch You Tube videos..but now since I have put some other apps on the You Tube site is telling me that I do not have Flash installed.

What files are essential to making You Tube work, and what directories do they need to be in? Mind you I already have the WM6 running so I have the correct version of TCMP...

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jelleroll is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I cheated.
It's not the HTC plugin.
It's my new favorite skin for phoneAlarm.
It doesn't do quite as much, but everything That the HTC plugin does adequately, I have installed something that does it better. iLauncher, PocketWeather & phoneAlarm are a nice combo. I'm going to keep iL and PW within PocketBreeze since I don't use them as much anyway.
where can i get that skin. i love it.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC diamond
Carrier: bell mobility

wasfi is a n00b
ok am new to the ppc world and i have 6700 with bell mobility and when i try to do the upgrade the ppc screen goes black and get error [cant get device data]reset more than once to no vial when i try to hold power +recored+rest together screen goes black and patch cant even see the ppc am i missing something here tia
Old 09-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC diamond
Carrier: bell mobility

wasfi is a n00b
does any one know if i can do a backup for the call log as incoming out going and missed calls it is a ppc 6700 with bell mobility can figer that one out please help
Old 09-07-2007, 08:58 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelleroll View Post
where can i get that skin. i love it.
First you need phoneAlarm.
Then, you can get the TouchMini skin here.
Don't forget to download and install the font, otherwise it is unusable.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:03 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasfi View Post
does any one know if i can do a backup for the call log as incoming out going and missed calls it is a ppc 6700 with bell mobility can figer that one out please help
The PIM backup program included in this ROM does what you are looking for.
I've found that it didn't work well at restoring speed dials, but it was decent at everything else. I don't use it, but it's there if you want to give it a try.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development