PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 12:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Carrier: Sprint

chspyder is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anybody HELP!

I have the WM6 Rom on Sprint 6700 Yellow logo (like it matters now) phone, it works fine for about 1-2 weeks then on a restart after a phone call locks it up, I get stuck at the windows mobile green screen??? this has happened 3 times in a row, I use exchange, I have installed voice commander, turned off HTC home plugin, and installed MS voice commander 1.6 each time, and done numerous resets with no problem, and very little/no lockups till the one call that says incomming, rings once, then locks I can still click sprint, so I reset, and the phone locks forever.

* this last time I installed a safemode program, and I am currently running in safe mode, so any diag steps? I have checked the run items, but dont know what services I need/dont.

Thanks!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cash360 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to cash360
Thumbs up Contacts Bug!!

After upgrading to the new ROM, I am no longer able view the contacts. When I attempt to see the contacts, it comes up for a brief second before closing back down. There is now way to keep the contacts window open. I am wondering if anyone else has reported such an issue?

Thanks for all your work!!!

cash360
Old 11-09-2007, 04:42 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cash360 View Post
After upgrading to the new ROM, I am no longer able view the contacts. When I attempt to see the contacts, it comes up for a brief second before closing back down. There is now way to keep the contacts window open. I am wondering if anyone else has reported such an issue?
You didn't hard reset after you flashed the ROM, or you copied pim.vol from WM5 in after flashing W6. You can't do that.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

lightbiter is becoming a great contributor
not dead yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlgb View Post
Great idea but the upgrade killed my phone. I followed the steps but my phone shut down and the screen says serial and version 2.02 and that is all it will do. Please help
you need to go here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...loader+program

and follow these steps it's not dead yet I've had this happen more than once to me
Old 11-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: verizon

beback is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to beback
Hello all.
I am new to this forum. But I had XV6700 from the get go Successfully used wmodem for a year. Then did the most stupid thing: upgraded to the latest AKU3 from UTStarcom. Wmodem no longer works, all other improvements are of no use to me. The main thing was the ability to tether. Question: does anybody know if the new rom will restore that function. And also what the difference between "Verizon" and "Verizon with 1.02 bootloader" Do I need to have a special program bootloader? Any feedback is greatly appreciated I have a spare XV6700 that I don't care about (with AKU3), so I am ready to experiment. But before I kill it completely, would like to know the options and ramifications.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by beback View Post
Hello all.
I am new to this forum. But I had XV6700 from the get go Successfully used wmodem for a year. Then did the most stupid thing: upgraded to the latest AKU3 from UTStarcom. Wmodem no longer works, all other improvements are of no use to me. The main thing was the ability to tether. Question: does anybody know if the new rom will restore that function. And also what the difference between "Verizon" and "Verizon with 1.02 bootloader" Do I need to have a special program bootloader? Any feedback is greatly appreciated I have a spare XV6700 that I don't care about (with AKU3), so I am ready to experiment. But before I kill it completely, would like to know the options and ramifications.
With the Wm6 helmi you can tether without a problem. It has so many more features than WM5. I think it is awesome. It is like having a new phone. Read through the forums about helmi's kitchen and the tips in the kitchen after you download it. You cook up your own ROM with the programs you want. Do a search for the bootloader question. If you hold the power button(on Top) the record button(on side with pic of tape recorder) and reset with your stylus all at the same time. With a bright light you will be able to read on the bottom of the screen which version you have.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 11-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Telus

iansinger is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin View Post
If only someone else, or several dozen someone elses, had had this problem in the past. And if only this board had, oh, I don't know, a SEARCH function to find out how they solved it by running something called exit_bootloader.exe or something...
I was trying to install the kitchen version of this upgrade and got stuck in the v1.00 bootloader. To get out of it run mtty.exe which is in the TOOLS folder of the kitchen. From the port dropdown select USB. The press (enter) twice, then type set 14 0 (enter) then type task 8 (enter) and it will reset it and you might be out of bootloader.

There were references elsewhere on the web on how to find mtty.exe but they were invalid.

I do not know if mine got stuck because my bootloader was too old.
After a hard reset I restored with active sync but was not pleased that all my voice prompts were lost and other stuff did not restore but at least it is not a brick.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Lurker

beback is a n00b
thank you Ga. Medic, I'll take my chances. I will try one version or the other. The only thing, please, tell me which one to use in my case: "Verizon" or "Verizon with 1.02 bootloader". Is there any difference? Maybe I am being impatient, but after the search on bootloader I could not find the answer. I tried your approach and I got the infamous serial v.2.05 (with bright light, as you said, on the unit that I am ready to risk) What does it mean? The unit which I have still working with wmodem I get v 1.00. so, does it mean I should use just verizon, because none of my bootloader falls into 1.02? Please, advise, before I do something stupid again. I had to pay verizon $50 to swap the phone after the warranty expired. I hate to do it again. I'd rather send a check to the real king.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Lurker

beback is a n00b
So, it seems that if I don't have 1.2 version, should use just plain "Verizon"?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell E510

tich57 is a n00b
Error on Sprint File

Helmi_C,

When I download the Sprint file, I keep getting the error message that the header is corrupt. What might I be doing wrong.

LMK...(Thanks) Tich

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development