PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

BenRivera is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillwillflight View Post
i get the same thing, but when i ran it as a .rar it doesn't give instructions so i saved it as a .exe file and tried to run it that way. the only difference is my screen says v1.02 so i'm running v1.02 version for verizon. do i keep it saved as a .rar file?
Extract the files to your PC, put your phone in bootloader mode (Blank screen with Serial V... message on it), connect it to your PC via USB and run APAC_ROM..exe file from your PC.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700

rspppcgeeks is a n00b
Been running several days now!

This build is incredibly stable. Well done Helmi!

I dropped my XV6700 last weekend and the sound stopped working. Just to make sure it wasn't s/w I reflashed to the released AKU2 and that didn't fix it. Since I couldn't get to Verizon for a couple of days to replace the device, I decided to try this WM6 ROM and see if my required apps would work, particularly GoodLink and SlingPlayer Mobile. No problems for either of those as far as I could tell.

Anyway, reflashed to the standard AKU2 again, went to Verizon and got my phone replaced. I was 3 months away from my 2 year anniversary and wondered whether that $5/month insurance policy would pay off... it did - 30 minutes later I walked out with a new device, went home and immediately upgraded to Helmi's ROM.

Unfortunately after replacing the device, my GoodLink restore doesn't work. I'm hoping it's because I switched devices and just need to reinstall with a new GL PIN. Will try that on Monday.

But with the WM6 ROM, I am so happy with this thing; When my 2 years is up, I had expected to replace my device (if they ever decide to ship the 6800). But now, I don't see a reason to - especially with the new device I just picked up.

Update: Got GoodLink working again. That means I really can stick with this ROM for good (well, at least until there's a kitchen available and I can tweak it a bit). I feel like I have a brand new phone!

Last edited by rspppcgeeks; 09-10-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Lurker

bf2loser is a n00b
okay I dont quite understand what youre saying so do this.
1. put phone into bootloader mode (unplugged from pc) it will say "Serial #.##" where the #s are version numbers.
2. connect your phone to your pc and if it says its installing drivers wait till its done.
3. extracts contents of the rar file to your desktop (or any other folder).
4. double click the .exe that pops out of the rar file, then follow any onscreen instructions from the .exe
Old 09-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

CandyAple5269 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezer View Post
So, I upgraded my PPC 6700 Sprint and now it seems to frequently ring only 1 time or 1/2 of a ring before going to voicemail. I know it likely has something to do with polling the towers.

What do I need to modify in the registry to make it "Talk" to the tower more often so I don't miss these incoming calls?

Also, just send some $$ to Helmi who should be rewarded for his efforts.
Same thing has happened to me I have missed a lot of calls since upgrading. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution. Great work so far Helmi.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Lurker

davedenmark is a n00b
Quote:
So, I upgraded my PPC 6700 Sprint and now it seems to frequently ring only 1 time or 1/2 of a ring before going to voicemail. I know it likely has something to do with polling the towers.

What do I need to modify in the registry to make it "Talk" to the tower more often so I don't miss these incoming calls?

Also, just send some $$ to Helmi who should be rewarded for his efforts.

You can change your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) from the default of 2 (which polls the tower every 5 seconds or so) to 1 or even 0. I have been running mine on SCI 0 for about 6 months now if someone calls my phone, it'll pick it up in less than 2 seconds (about 1 ring on the caller's phone) and start ringing. You can always tell you have an inbound call as the screen lights up about 200ms before it displays the Incoming call window. Your phone should now ring for about 10 seconds before going to voicemail.

To change it, you have to enter programming mode with your MSL and Lock Code. You can dial *2 and specifically ask for it (and even tell them what you're doing; they won't care/understand anyway). I did this hack in about 2 minutes before boarding a plane at Sea-Tac, fyi. It made a difference immediately.

Now, on HowardForums, I read up that the SCI set on your phone doesn't matter -- the tower has priority over the phone for this. So, the tower should allow you to receive calls quickly if it is configured properly and isn't under heavy load..otherwise it may adjust the settings overall to improve quality of service. Setting your phone to this setting may have no effect.

You'll have to report back on the effects if you decide to do this.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700

rspppcgeeks is a n00b
Just tested with the PocketCM contact manager v0.12 and the PCM keyboard V0.8. Also works great. Check them out if you haven't seen them...
http://pocketcm.com/index.php

p.s. for the keyyboard, I did have to install and run the defaultimwm5.cab to choose the PCM keyboard. But once that was done, it worked.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz
Is anyone having trouble with playlists updating ? I posted to the bugs thread but so far no one answered. It seems the Audio manager will not update at all. I added several songs and they don't appear in the list. I then went and removed songs and those songs remain in the list. Now with Windows Media player it sees them all just fine. It sees the new music I added and the ones I removed. But when using WMP all my music is garbled with a lag type of effect.

I am at a loss on how to get the audio manager to update its music list. There is no option to add to the librbary and even the songs I removed remain in the list and I can't find a way to remove them.

Anyone else having the problem ?

PS I synced all my music from my PC using WMP 11's sync option.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC 6700

wheezer is a n00b
So after 40 minutes on hold and talking to 2 different Sprint Employees I got my MSL.

After you get your MSL from sprint you need to enter on the phone pad:
##775# then enter the MSL
Then go down to Modem Settings
Selected 0.

We'll see how this works.

Man, they really didn't want to give me the MSL. Hell, I have been with sprint since 1997 ....Like I am going anywhere? Maybe Apple will wake up and get that new Ipod Touch -WIMAX friendly with Sprint. (VOIP) with 16gb of Flash. Now that would be a kick ass PDA Smartphone.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
So after 40 minutes on hold and talking to 2 different Sprint Employees I got my MSL.

After you get your MSL from sprint you need to enter on the phone pad:
##775# then enter the MSL
Then go down to Modem Settings
Selected 0.

We'll see how this works.

Man, they really didn't want to give me the MSL. Hell, I have been with sprint since 1997 ....Like I am going anywhere? Maybe Apple will wake up and get that new Ipod Touch -WIMAX friendly with Sprint. (VOIP) with 16gb of Flash. Now that would be a kick ass PDA Smartphone.
You could also have gotten your needed unlock phone code in a few minutes with application at end of this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...&highlight=msl

or this post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=42

Last edited by Maxx134; 09-09-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Sprint

cab3 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspppcgeeks View Post
I was able to do a GLRestore after upgrading and GL was running fine for the 2 days I was testing it. But then I had to replace my device (I had dropped it and broke the sound before upgrading). After the replacement, I wasn't able to do a GLRestore; had the same symptoms as you. I'm hoping that a new install using OTASetup with a new GL PIN will fix the problem. Hope to try that tomorrow.
Please let me know how that goes, as I tried getting a new PIN from my 24x7 helpdesk, to no avail. It quite simply told me during install that Goodlink was not supported on Sprint PCS, which I know isn't the case, as it worked hours earlier before I upgraded. I did run the GLRestore, but after having it sit there for 45 minutes "downloading services" I was convinced that it wasn't ever going to happen. I'm HOPING that when GoodLink 5 comes out, maybe this will be resolved and I can then go up to WM6. Of course, I'm also assuming that my corporation would need to support GL5, which I don't know when that'll happen.

Feedback on what you find would be MUCH appreciated, as I'm itching to get to the new release, but don't want to annoy my helpdesk with requests for new GoodLink PINs.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development