PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Daimond and Omnia
Carrier: World

am776 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to am776
Thanks allot Helmi_c ,And I appreciate your help to all
Old 09-13-2007, 08:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

rspppcgeeks is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab3 View Post
Next GoodLink question, for those of you that have it working. Does your contacts in your phone dialer take you to the Goodlink contacts, or the local contact list? How can I change which contact list it takes me to when I'm in the phone?
Hi cab3 - I've never found a way to change any phone app (Cyberon Voice Commander, phone contacts button, etc.) to brink up the goodlink contact list. The button takes you to the pocket outlook (local) contacts...

But there's a way to work around the issue where the GL client has it's own contact list which it syncs with the exchange contacts list while other apps on the phone (e.g. Cyberon Voice Commander) look at the pocket outlook contact list.

I set up ActiveSync to sync my exchange contact list with my pocket outlook contacts list. Then GL keeps my exchange contacts synced with my GL client contacts. Obviously, the pocket Outlook contacts get a bit behind if you don't use ActiveSync very often, but I don't make a lot of contact changes so it's not a big problem for me.

On my device, I can add/delete/change contacts via either the GL or Outlook contacts and after I sync up, anything I changed gets propogated to the other contact list. If I make changes directly in Exchange, those also get sent to both lists.

It's a waste that they don't work together directly, but this solution has worked for me the last couple of years.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

coachigdon is a n00b
Quote:
Did you notice if your Serial Number changed in the same way as I saw? The only notable change from this procedure above is that I did let the Sprint customizations run, and ran the OTA GoodLink setup. I didn't realize that Goodlink was already installed as part of the ROM. That may make me more likely to try to reflash and try this again.
Quote:
Next GoodLink question, for those of you that have it working. Does your contacts in your phone dialer take you to the Goodlink contacts, or the local contact list? How can I change which contact list it takes me to when I'm in the phone?
It takes me to my local contact list, and I cannot figure out how to change it. Maybe the solution posted just above my post will help you out.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Lurker

MagB is a n00b
Got WM6 INstalled, everything working GREAT...Except for the f'ing storage card.

Anyone else having similar trouble? It disappears, stops working, freezes...all the same stuff it used to.

If it matters, I let the phone install the extra Verizon stuff...
Old 09-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Lurker

DougB is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DougB Send a message via Yahoo to DougB Send a message via Skype™ to DougB
So I have to say that I really liked this ROM, and appreciate all of Helmi's work...but due to email send/receive delays, and the general slowed response of the device, I reverted back to Phoenx06's original 3.5 ROM (the superfast one with the Spiderman start screen and none of the HTC Today screen garbage). WM6 was nice...I'll definitely miss the HTML email...but I didn't really need the YouTube support, didn't need the Mobile Office upgrades, and the general sluggishness of the device was intolerable (MP3s skipped constantly, browser tabs would close spontaneously for lack of memory, etc.). Perhaps I'll ask/compensate someone to cook me a nice WM6 ROM when the kitchen is available.

Thanks again, Helmi! Great work...just not the best solution for my needs...but I'll be watching this space for updates, and would certainly love to have a Mogul-killing 6700 sometime in the future

- Doug
Old 09-13-2007, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700

bmtbandit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bmtbandit Send a message via Skype™ to bmtbandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagB View Post
Got WM6 INstalled, everything working GREAT...Except for the f'ing storage card.

Anyone else having similar trouble? It disappears, stops working, freezes...all the same stuff it used to.

If it matters, I let the phone install the extra Verizon stuff...
Do not let it install the extras. THis will also cause severe issues with text messages.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Lurker

MagB is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmtbandit View Post
Do not let it install the extras. THis will also cause severe issues with text messages.
I just re-installed the ROM and i stopped it before it installed the extras (How quick to I have to be with the soft reset...it's possible it installed the first cab?) And my storage card still doesn't work.

I know it's a working storage card...it just won't recognize it.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Lurker

$incere is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ward View Post
Works great here on a fresh install with Opera Mobile 8.95 (website says trial expired last year but it still works!), rockin' m.youtube.com right now in full screen, EvDO with no lag/buffering. Great stuff!

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't tried Opera, but I did get YouTube working on my phone. I'm not a big fan of m.youtube.com becasue I cant access all the content that's on the regular site. But now I can access the regular site fine, so I'm all good.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Lurker

$incere is a n00b
I apologize for all the back-to-back posts.

One thing that I did notice is that if you activate the Live Search today screen option, when I try to type in a search I can't type using the butons with numbers on it [Q W E R T Y U I O P]. When I hit these keys the numbers appear.

I made sure that the ALT button was not down or active, I also checked the CAPS lock and I still have the issue. It's not a HUGE issue because I can use the onscreen keyboard just fine. I just wanted to see if anyone had this issue and new how to fix it.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

pitch is a n00b
$incere,

How did you get the classic youtube working? Everything I have tried fails.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development