PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Lurker

DManton is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am trying to get past the initial learning curve and have read nearly all 107 pages..eyes red... Where I am at is.. I have the Verizon Rom and was able to decompress it to the proper exe. I have the ability to put my phone in the boot loader mode with the indicator going from Serial to USB (v1.00). These are my issues"

1) What happens is when I have active sync connected and position my 6700 in bootloader mode active sync seems to suggest I am NOT connected..Is this normal?

2) When I am in booloader mode and clock on the APAC exe, the Dos window opens and closes immediately without any change the phone screen and still indicates the USB v1.oo in the dark screen.

What should I be doing to make the rom write to my phone...thanks

nc_wave
Old 09-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiebaby473 View Post
quick question : do you let the customizations run for alltel or soft reset before they hit ?
No, you don't let them run.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by DManton View Post
1) What happens is when I have active sync connected and position my 6700 in bootloader mode active sync seems to suggest I am NOT connected..Is this normal?

2) When I am in booloader mode and clock on the APAC exe, the Dos window opens and closes immediately without any change the phone screen and still indicates the USB v1.oo in the dark screen.
1) yes, that's normal.
2) open a DOS window (command prompt), change directory to wherever APAC.exe is, run APAC.exe - do you see an error message?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Lurker

DManton is a n00b
Yes...the message in dos window is "Program to big to fit in memory".

FYI...newer laptop..lots of ram...

another question if I may...I read some say to disable the USB settings in Active sync....should i?

thanks...and stuck..
Old 09-13-2007, 01:37 AM
Lurker

DManton is a n00b
Everything now working fine..had the wrong file name an dafter corrected the routine worked perfect and WM^ is up and running as expected....thank you
Old 09-13-2007, 02:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

kevinakasmiley is a n00b
help!
i tried to install, i got an error 101(connection error)
now my phone is stuck in boot loader mode. installation program and active sync do not find it and my computer keeps telling me "usb device not recognized".
I tried to hard reset, it asked me if i wanted to return to factory default, i hit y, it went back to boot loader! Does anyone have any ideas for me?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Lurker

kevinakasmiley is a n00b
i am on sprint btw.
my screen now says Serial at the top, and v1.00 at the bottom.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH800 Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

namopereht is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinakasmiley View Post
help!
i tried to install, i got an error 101(connection error)
now my phone is stuck in boot loader mode. installation program and active sync do not find it and my computer keeps telling me "usb device not recognized".
I tried to hard reset, it asked me if i wanted to return to factory default, i hit y, it went back to boot loader! Does anyone have any ideas for me?

<rant> Wow... I almost never say this, and never here before, but people REALLY need to just look/search before posting. I do realize there is a lot of information on this forum to sift through, but most problems have been answered or at least addressed. I think "stuck in bootloader" and "should I let my carrier customizations run" are the most asked questions/problems here. Not trying to make anyone mad or displaced but there are a lot of people spending lots of time on this forum, and seeing the same questions over and over again gets real old real quick. </rant>

Second sticky on the apache forum http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7049
which is titled "Sticky: Stuck In Bootloader? Heres What you need". Hope that fixes you up.

namopereht
Old 09-13-2007, 03:49 AM
Lurker

kevinakasmiley is a n00b
Sorry.
i was able to get it working. i just had a bad usb cable.
thank you.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:34 AM
Lurker

iamlocosucka is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to iamlocosucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
REALLY? How in the heck does that work???
meaning if you're appointments are indicated as "free" or "busy" it will change accordingly.... dont hold me to it... im only assuming. i havent tried it. i like using phoneweaver best, so i can set it around my class and work schedules...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development