PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
I know this isn't truly on-topic, but it does relate to an issue with the TASK MANAGER applet.

I have the TASK MANAGER settings configured to "Enable the 'x' button to end running programs". With "End Programs by tapping 'x'". However, programs are not ending, and still only being minimized.

Is there a better program I can use to configure that little X to actually close applications???
(Something I can't believe Microsoft still hasn't changed... who wants to keep apps minimized and eating RAM?!?!?!).

Even stranger, since upgrading to WM6, I've tried using SPB PLUS, which allows you to set a button for CLOSE ALL. And that doesn't work for WM6 consistently either.

Pissed off about this, only because it's something stupid Microsoft should have configured correctly in the 1st place.

UHG

did you set it in the pocket plus settings to close apps and not to minimize. I set all the options to close app. then assigned it to the OK button (no tapping necessary).

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

jamison is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by drako38 View Post
has anyone had problems with your calendar not syncing with outlook 2003 with the new rom???? i used the verizon wm6 up not the one with the bootloader....i dont loose anything from my computer but my appointments that are created on my calendar will not sync with my phone...only my phone to the pc...help is much appreciated
Yes. Very odd. It was happening to me on my phone BEFORE the upgrade too, but just on Server ActiveSync. When I switched to ActiveSync 4.5 to XP or used the Vista software to sync the calendar I could see appointments. When using Server ActiveSync I could see the count of items syncing, and got no errors, but nothing ever showed on my device. If I created a new appointment in Outlook it wouldn't show on the phone, but if I created a new appointment on the phone, it WOULD show in my calendar. That said, if I made changes to it on either end it wouldn't sync. Bummer. I am now syncing my calendar to my computer directly instead of using Server ActiveSync, which is a real bummer. Not the identical problem to you, but eerily similar with the 1 way sync...

Let me know if you come up with anything.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by inetuse View Post
Hi tried to hard reset but I doesn't give me a count down but instead it say press Y to erase all data and N to cancel.

I hard reset by pressing 2 buttons and soft reset.

What am i missing ?
You'll want to press "Y" to erase all data to perform a hard reset.

The customizations run after you boot up your device AFTER hard resetting. You'll run through the screen alignment, time settings, etc., then you'll get the "The device will customize in X seconds..." window. Soft reset at that time to cancel the customizations.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Lurker

hades is a n00b
## codes don't work!

Hi!

I'm using the latest WM6 rom (VIVO Brazil) on my UTstarcom PPC-6700. I must change my number and all ## codes are not working. I tryed the one provided by the operator (##953047), but everytime I enter any ## code the phone tries to dial it.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Hades
Old 09-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Anyone know how to get the Voice Dial option up again?
Old 09-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dubhead is a n00b
Question WM5 Tweaks still applicable?

This might be a silly question, but are the registry tweaks that have been so well documented and many that I have used under WM5 still valid under Helmi_c's WM6 ROM? I am hoping to tweak the phone a bit more to get the data connections stable (not switching so much to 1X from EV and the like and was wondering if I can use the same reg tweaks as before.

Thanks!
Dubhead
Old 09-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Lurker

hades is a n00b
I downgraded back to WM5 and still can't get on the NAM config screen. any suggestions?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

CHUFLY29 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
I know this isn't truly on-topic, but it does relate to an issue with the TASK MANAGER applet.

I have the TASK MANAGER settings configured to "Enable the 'x' button to end running programs". With "End Programs by tapping 'x'". However, programs are not ending, and still only being minimized.

Is there a better program I can use to configure that little X to actually close applications???
(Something I can't believe Microsoft still hasn't changed... who wants to keep apps minimized and eating RAM?!?!?!).

Even stranger, since upgrading to WM6, I've tried using SPB PLUS, which allows you to set a button for CLOSE ALL. And that doesn't work for WM6 consistently either.

Pissed off about this, only because it's something stupid Microsoft should have configured correctly in the 1st place.

UHG
I had some trouble with iLauncher and closing applications until I disabled the "HTC X Button App". After disabling that iLauncher's application close function worked like a charm.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

CHUFLY29 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by inetuse View Post
Hi tried to hard reset but I doesn't give me a count down but instead it say press Y to erase all data and N to cancel.

I hard reset by pressing 2 buttons and soft reset.

What am i missing ?

hard reset = holding down the 2 soft key buttons and the reset button using the stylus
soft reset = rest button with the stylus.

I got confused with this the first time around too
Old 09-20-2007, 01:27 AM
Lurker

PDubs is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotHead View Post
I've been using this release for just under a week - so far so good. One observation though, I need to tap the screen two times for certain functions to take place. Like the various email/text/vmail boxes on the new home/today screen. Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks

-PH
Yup, same here. Small price to pay for such a great ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development