PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:42 PM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Issues

Installed the ROM on my Sprint phone, everything works fine excepts some issues:

* I have set up a password (PIN) on my phone. During phone bootup, the "password" screen locks up and I can't unlock the phone. After 2-3 minutes the screen goes away and I'm able to use the phone normally.

* Sometimes, when receiving calls, the phone completely locks up while displaying the caller's information. The only solution is to reset the phone.

Does anyone know how to fix any of these issues?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

randy9999 is a n00b
SMS Reply to field is wrong

Anyone else finding that when they reply to text messages on a sprint phone that the reply to field is wrong. It takes the first word of the text message and uses that as reply-to. Only the callback field displays correctly most of the time.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
The upgrade is fantastic...
Old 09-18-2007, 12:42 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
I recently installed two programs and have started having regular freeze-ups.
Sometimes synced, sometimes the screen stays lit, sometimes it's like a DSOD.

The two programs are Safemode2 and the new phoneAlarm 1.62Beta (build 177).

Both worked well w/WM5.
Anyone else?

I'm ready to try a Kitchen or a new ROM build.
Or if that ain't happening, then I guess I'll just tinker with uninstalling one or the other to see if it keeps happening.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

beznich is a n00b
Text message issue with Sprint image

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy9999 View Post
Anyone else finding that when they reply to text messages on a sprint phone that the reply to field is wrong. It takes the first word of the text message and uses that as reply-to. Only the callback field displays correctly most of the time.
First, this is an excellent upgrade and I couldn't be happier. But I am also having the same problem as Randy. The "received from" information is the first work of the text message instead of the phone number or contact which makes it impossible to tell who send the text message and doesn't allow you to respond to it. Other then that (which has made me revert back to WM5 since I send/recieve 50+ text messages a day) this upgrade worked flawlessly and I think it even increased battery life.

THIS IS AN INCREDABLE UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had the knowledge to help, but my device is here is further testing is needed (shit I pay $7 a month for insurance so even if I brick it, it's Sprint's problem, not mine)
Old 09-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Newsy Writer
Pocket PC: Droid Charge
Carrier: verizon wired less

hoodracer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to hoodracer Send a message via Skype™ to hoodracer
i have the verizon apache and ive been using helmi's new wm6 for aout 2 and half weeks and its is amazing nooo porblems at all... except is there any way too use the mms w/o having a data plan with verizon becuase i do have a textmessaging plan soo is there any just too run off the wap network and not accessing the broadband??
Old 09-18-2007, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

CHUFLY29 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by beznich View Post
First, this is an excellent upgrade and I couldn't be happier. But I am also having the same problem as Randy. The "received from" information is the first work of the text message instead of the phone number or contact which makes it impossible to tell who send the text message and doesn't allow you to respond to it. Other then that (which has made me revert back to WM5 since I send/recieve 50+ text messages a day) this upgrade worked flawlessly and I think it even increased battery life.

THIS IS AN INCREDABLE UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had the knowledge to help, but my device is here is further testing is needed (shit I pay $7 a month for insurance so even if I brick it, it's Sprint's problem, not mine)
Did you let the carrier customizations run? If so, do a hard reset and then soft reset before the carrier customizations run (during that 3 second count down)
Old 09-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUFLY29 View Post
Did you let the carrier customizations run? If so, do a hard reset and then soft reset before the carrier customizations run (during that 3 second count down)
Just to clarify - the customizations run at the end of the count down. You should press reset DURING the countdown (don't press reset before the countdown message appears).

Last edited by gguruusa; 09-18-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodracer View Post
i have the verizon apache and ive been using helmi's new wm6 for aout 2 and half weeks and its is amazing nooo porblems at all... except is there any way too use the mms w/o having a data plan with verizon becuase i do have a textmessaging plan soo is there any just too run off the wap network and not accessing the broadband??
MMS Always Uses The Data Network, It Has To In Order To Send A Pix Or Sound Message, If You Have A Pix Message Plan On Your Phone You Wont Be Charged For The Kb Usage. Or Just Get The Americas Choice Select And Its Unlimited txt, pix, flix.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Lurker

drako38 is a n00b
calendar problems

has anyone had problems with your calendar not syncing with outlook 2003 with the new rom???? i used the verizon wm6 up not the one with the bootloader....i dont loose anything from my computer but my appointments that are created on my calendar will not sync with my phone...only my phone to the pc...help is much appreciated

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development