PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

carbolic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks Colonel- You're the best! Up and running- Hopefully a WAN fix in the near future- Donation on the way!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Sprint

cab3 is a n00b
I've been working on getting this going all weekend, and it seems that the ROM is the simple part. I'm, unfortunately, tied to GoodLink to get to my corporate email, and for the life of me I've been unable to get it working. I've tried several of the suggestions in other postings, mainly around using GoodLink backup and GLRestore after the WM6 install to no success. For now, I've had to go back to WM5 and performed the GLRestore and connectivity is fine with GoodLink. With WM6, it sits at the "downloading services" for over an hour with no progress, before I gave up on it.

I REALLY want to get this going, but at this point, without being able to get GoodLink on WM6, specifically on Sprint, I'm going to have to pass on adoption. If there are suggestions that will make this possible, I'm all for trying it out. I've been back and forth between Helmi_c's ROM and the standard Sprint one from UTStarcom so many times it's beginning to lose its fun.

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by m15t1k0 View Post
Can anyone answer me? nobody tried this?
a touchflo style interface is available and is a standalone installer/application, but it is in testing phase right now i think. do a search.

i didn't bother...i was never a fan of using it after owning the HTC Touch. its just cool to look at and play with.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work
Has anyone found a way to get MS Voice Command's calleder ID announcement (from phone or preferably over BT) to work with this? Thanks.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache 6700, HTC Touch (Vogue), HTC TouchPro2

bilson is keeping up the good workbilson is keeping up the good work
Holy Shit! I have almost a new phone. Thank you Lord Helmi. I'm up at the lake in Northern Minnesota and usually have 1 bar without using the repeater, now 2 to 3 bars without repeater. I think the battery is lasting longer as well. My ActiveSync works properly again, I've notice slider lockups and a few other minor issues but still learning new things and I might part of the problem. IPhone, who needs it. Donation on the way.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

covici is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to covici
Hi. Well, I finally got the phone upgraded! Had to go to XP to do it, however and I did not let the customizations run. Only issue so far is that I can find no trace of voice command -- I see voice recorder, but nothing with ms and no settings for the thing. What has happened? I do have a bought copy of 1.6, should I just install and forget or is something more serious going on?

Thanks.

Donation will be soon.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:39 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by covici View Post
Hi. Well, I finally got the phone upgraded! Had to go to XP to do it, however and I did not let the customizations run. Only issue so far is that I can find no trace of voice command -- I see voice recorder, but nothing with ms and no settings for the thing. What has happened? I do have a bought copy of 1.6, should I just install and forget or is something more serious going on?

Thanks.

Donation will be soon.
just install

MSVC is not included in this ROM.
Search this thread for the answer to this and your next question... which will be how to make Button 5 activate it.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800

covici is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to covici
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
just install

MSVC is not included in this ROM.
Search this thread for the answer to this and your next question... which will be how to make Button 5 activate it.
OK, thanks -- some reason I thought VC was included. One thing, the Resco file explorer seems to have a very short trial period or maybe its expired altogether -- I did have a code so it was no problem, but someone might want to let people know.

Also, and maybe this is a wm6 problem, but in the notifications tab of sounds and notifications, there is no way to play the file! The phone ringer has it, but not the notifications tab.

Thanks again.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2

sfetaz is just getting started
My friend has sent me multiple picture messages from her verizon phone to my verizon 6700. I get the message notifications and the messages are listed, and I have chosen to download the messages by right clicking on each and saying download, but nothing happens. The option on the bottom right that says download is always grayed out. Any ideas?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: sprint

KINYA is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to KINYA
do we need to put the extended rom cabs in after the wm6 upgrade or is it not needed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development