PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 01:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 with WM6!!
Carrier: Sprint

F16Vet is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSV View Post
Awesome! Thanks Helmi_c I think that I am the only person using transcriber. I use this verses any other imput and it keeps me from having to lag a laptop. I've tried cooking before to no avail and have tried downloading Transcribece from Microsoft and with the new WM6 it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanbks for all your Awesome work!

Sincerely,

John T. Snelson V
This should work :http://www.phatware.com/calligrapher/index.html#opt1 Version 8.5 Calligrapher, says it works with WM 4, 5 ,6.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
VC 1.6 Button 5 Problem Solved . . . By LUV2CHILL!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...command+button
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 09-05-2007, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

Chris_ is a n00b
Ok Guys, Im at a loss here. Im new to the PPC world.
I just tried this flash, several times infact and when I complete the process upon soft reset my PPC6700 gets stuck on the intital HTC Screen and never boots. Ive tried both a soft and hard reset. Is there something Im missing or doing wrong.??
Old 09-05-2007, 02:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

PMCarey is a n00b
I know this is a really dumb question but work with me here...can anyone give me a little more detailed instructions on how to instal wm6. I havent used my phone much and dont really know how to work it. any help would be great. thanks
Old 09-05-2007, 08:25 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Helmi_c and the magical mystery PPC Geeks Kitchen Team:

Any ETA on a kitchen-based WM6 release? I'm more likely to be a useful bug finder for the kitchen-based version, I've held off flashing the prebuilt ROM.

I am not whining or telling you to hurry up. More like eager, but respectful anticipation. Are we looking at days, weeks, or months? I'd like to adjust my expectation level to match reality

Thanks! (And seriously, I mean that - thanks to all of you. My device is just barely a year old, and looks to be a solid usable device for a whole additional year due to Helmi and the ppc geeks guys who are too numerous to name...)
Old 09-05-2007, 08:37 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Helmi_c and the magical mystery PPC Geeks Kitchen Team:

Any ETA on a kitchen-based WM6 release? I'm more likely to be a useful bug finder for the kitchen-based version, I've held off flashing the prebuilt ROM.

I am not whining or telling you to hurry up. More like eager, but respectful anticipation. Are we looking at days, weeks, or months? I'd like to adjust my expectation level to match reality

Thanks! (And seriously, I mean that - thanks to all of you. My device is just barely a year old, and looks to be a solid usable device for a whole additional year due to Helmi and the ppc geeks guys who are too numerous to name...)
+1
except I did flash using this ROM and it's spectacular.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
So this may be a stupid question but I have loaded WM6 on my 6700 but I am not really sure what WM6 gives us that WM5 did not? I even checked out Microsoft's site and thier description of what WM6 offers compared to WM5 is vague at best..I have noticed a more shiny task bar and bottom bar...but other than that can any one shed some light on this for me?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCarey View Post
I know this is a really dumb question but work with me here...can anyone give me a little more detailed instructions on how to instal wm6. I havent used my phone much and dont really know how to work it. any help would be great. thanks
Please review the first post. Helmi_c has provided instructions on how to flash this new rom. If you still don't feel comfortable flashing it, start by reading through this entire thread.
And in the kitchen, bind them.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
So this may be a stupid question but I have loaded WM6 on my 6700 but I am not really sure what WM6 gives us that WM5 did not? I even checked out Microsoft's site and thier description of what WM6 offers compared to WM5 is vague at best..I have noticed a more shiny task bar and bottom bar...but other than that can any one shed some light on this for me?
Aside from the UI enhancements, WM6 gives us several improvements. Check out the M$ data sheet:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...fessionals.pdf
Old 09-05-2007, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My using is a Touch Pro

Bushrod is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge View Post
Please review the first post. Helmi_c has provided instructions on how to flash this new rom. If you still don't feel comfortable flashing it, start by reading through this entire thread.
I disagree. If someone can't read the instructions, they have no business flashing at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development