PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 01:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

CodysGrammy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh123 View Post
The phone does need to be connected via USB. So, yes.
Thank you, thank you. I'll try later. Gotta get to bed. But now I'm wondering if I didn't get the wrong file. I got only the Verizon file and didn't see the version with the 1.02 bootloader. With only the AKU2.X OEM version of the OS on the phone should I have gotten the other version? Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH HD
Carrier: AT & T

BIG_MAN389 is a n00b
Smile thank you ..thank you ..thank you

i just installed the new wm6 and at first i got the error 101 message then i did the soft reset and got it again then i double check my cable and ran it again ..... poof it started to work.... so i just want to say hip-hip-hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooray...yippe ki ya mutha_ F*&^$....... thank you for bring life back to the xv6700.... thank you... now let go play with it... the device that is
Old 08-31-2007, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652

bacspasm is becoming a great contributor
Hey MEH,

Are you holding the two softkeys and the reset pin until the notice on screen states that to erase all data, press Y? If you don't wait and continue holding all three, the phone will simply soft reset.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Fuzzy Wuzzy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
will someone who flashes post availible RAM off a fresh reset phone. curious to compare to a wm6 6800
Storage - 35.90mb
Program - 30.41mb
Old 08-31-2007, 01:21 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
So... downloading, not likely to flash before we get the kitchen... but couple questions

(1) does this do anything bad to the bootloader (I've still got the original sprint bootloader)
(2) what's in it? I have a ton of OEMs in my 3.5 kitchen build, that I don't think I could even track down all the cabs for, so this prebuilt is probably not usable for me.... but I'm itchen to try it
(3) can you do the pim.vol copy/flash/copy back trick, or does it have to be backed up via activesync? In other words, did the pim.vol database format change?

Thanks all you early adopters!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6875 - Touch Pro2

biglcny is becoming a great contributor
Smile Mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer View Post
early birds...plz post your initial impressions/results
Flashed and running.. Looks like carrier customizations are built in as i have erased my extended rom and I have installs in it. The data everything else has worked. I've never seen WM6 Till now.

Active sync with exchange works. receive all emails contancts, calander entries etc.
Simple text message to another verizon phone worked with a response from that phone
MMS message with picture txt and sound was sent to myself successfully

I was playing music and I have noticed very slight skipping of music from the audio manager while doing the mms activity though. If you are taking a picture and playing music at the same time I noticed the music will skip if you move the camera around alot. It all may be just be a little too much to render what the camera sees on the screen and play music. ALSO music is playing off the storage card so this is alot of freakin data moving across the busses in the phone.

I must say NO slowdowns. Damn it's fast. I can swing the music skipping when doing something intensive especially since it was running off the storage card, plus MMS is probably a CPU hog anyway. Other than that the music is perfect.

This is by far awesome and rock solid so far. Don't wait, it's just out of control!

Last edited by biglcny; 08-31-2007 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:23 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacspasm View Post
Hey MEH,

Are you holding the two softkeys and the reset pin until the notice on screen states that to erase all data, press Y? If you don't wait and continue holding all three, the phone will simply soft reset.
I think you misunderstood me, I told the other guy who was having problems going into bootloader mode to do that as it'll reset his registry settings, etc. back to stock. Yes, you do have to press 'Y' after. Hopefully that would have cleared things up for him so that he could AFTER THAT enter bootloader mode normally. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work for him.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Apache
Carrier: China Telecom

mellon is a n00b
download from rapidshare is a painful work
Old 08-31-2007, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
Is that the same camera from wm5?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:38 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon View Post
download from rapidshare is a painful work
Perhaps, but let them pay for the bandwidth... not PPCGeeks. If PPCGeeks hosted the files and everyone was downloading at the same time, it'd probably slow down the site considerably. This keeps everyone happy and able to get to the files that they need.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development