PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

CodysGrammy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question I feel so much like a novice

I found this site today and got so excited. The thought of upgrading my XV6700 was a dream I thought and now it's a reality. But now that I have the upgrade how do I get it on my phone? I never encountered a rar file before. Where do I find the software to be able to extract the files? And once I get them extracted is there a readme file with instructions on how to do the update? Any and all assistance will be highly appreciated.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:49 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodysGrammy View Post
I found this site today and got so excited. The thought of upgrading my XV6700 was a dream I thought and now it's a reality. But now that I have the upgrade how do I get it on my phone? I never encountered a rar file before. Where do I find the software to be able to extract the files? And once I get them extracted is there a readme file with instructions on how to do the update? Any and all assistance will be highly appreciated.
Go to www.rarlabs.com and download a copy of WinRar. Its in archiving/un-archiving utility like WinZIP. WinRar does a lot of different types of files including rar, zip, arj, etc.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

thundrbird1 is keeping up the good workthundrbird1 is keeping up the good work
Helmi You are simply the best, this new update is the greatest so far, so much stuff
Old 08-31-2007, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

kayem954 is a n00b
Im about to throw my damn device at the wall!!!

She wont enter bootloader. I encountered this problem with my 3.5 rom and concluded that it was due to percentage of battery. The thing is completely charged this time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Old 08-31-2007, 12:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

CodysGrammy is a n00b
File unpacked...

Thanks all for the suggestions. Got the file unpacked and see the executable. I have to ask one more question. When I run the exe file does the phone need to be synced to the pc?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:59 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayem954 View Post
Im about to throw my damn device at the wall!!!

She wont enter bootloader. I encountered this problem with my 3.5 rom and concluded that it was due to percentage of battery. The thing is completely charged this time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
First try a hard reset by pressing in the two - (minus) keys while pressing in the reset button on the bottom. (This will erase everything, but you're going to erase everything anyway by installing the new ROM).

After the reboot, try next to put it into bootloader mode by holding in the voice recorder button and the power button (up top) while pressing in the reset button again. That should now reboot it and you should see the words "SERIAL" across the screen.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:00 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodysGrammy View Post
Thanks all for the suggestions. Got the file unpacked and see the executable. I have to ask one more question. When I run the exe file does the phone need to be synced to the pc?
The phone does need to be connected via USB. So, yes.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

kayem954 is a n00b
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh123 View Post
First try a hard reset by pressing in the two - (minus) keys while pressing in the reset button on the bottom. (This will erase everything, but you're going to erase everything anyway by installing the new ROM).

After the reboot, try next to put it into bootloader mode by holding in the voice recorder button and the power button (up top) while pressing in the reset button again. That should now reboot it and you should see the words "SERIAL" across the screen.
I tried hard resetting and that was unsucessful as well. It just keeps performing a soft reset everytime I attempt bootloader or hard reset... QUITE AGGRAVATING
Old 08-31-2007, 01:07 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Absolutely insane how fast this thing is.
Anyone know why the volume keeps going back to 'vibrate'?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wm6_capture2.jpg (20.2 KB, 289 views) Click for barcode!

Old 08-31-2007, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cheeb is a n00b
very nice

....first off...this rom is awesome...been using it for about 1/2 hour now....definitely can be annoying at first...did go thru a series of lockups...recognized as with other roms to not reset device while still connected to unit....tossed on oxios...had more patience and now i'm in love...very nice...tested on two phones btw

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development