PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Lurker

amitoberoi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
the new rom is not working as good for me. twice i have flashed it but both times after afew hours it gets stuck and when i soft reboot it goes bad. after that i have to hard reboot as there is no other option. otherwise the rom is SUPER.
Amit
Old 09-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
First off thank u very much helmi_c for all ur hard work....maybe its just me but i have tried it three times and after 3 fresh installs and hard rests each time it seems a lot slower then when i had aku3.5, is this happening to anyone else?
________
WETDANNA

Last edited by elosogrande7076; 09-08-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by erock123 View Post
Flash "bricked" my phone? Don't know if it's relevant WinXP via VMWare Fusion. Successfully upgraded my phone in past on this OS. This Sprint WM6 "Helmi" ROM flash seemed to result in a 101 error after confirmation dialogue (you're going from this version to this version). Now it's not detectable via USB (ActiveSync), etc. It seems to be stuck in "bootloader" mode (Gray screen that states Serial/USB and Ver 2.02 at the bottom). I tried to run uni_exitbootloader.exe as it was recommended by helmi (diff. post) to bring a device out of bootloader mode - no success - error msg about "cannot open USB port..." even though I killed the activesync process. As ActiveSync doesn't seem to be detecting the device (when restarted) it's not possible to reflash or return to OEM ROM. I'm a n00b admittedly but none of the wiki pages or other forums seemed to address a scenario like this. Help, please?

Thanks,

-E
Once you are in bootloader, activesync won't see it. This is normal. Something is already using your USB port - did you disable ActiveSync USB, or kill it? Killing might leave the port reserved. Try restarting your VM session and/or rebooting. Then try uni_exitbootloader again. Or reflash.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6700
Carrier: Verizon

saturn2069a is a n00b
So far... it's awesome! Thanks helmi_c and everyone else who worked to make this happen!

Just one thing I noticed, on the WM5 ROM's I got awful used to the character count while typing a TXT message... and on this ROM there's no count to tell me when I'm reaching the 160char limit? Anyone know is there a registry setting to turn that on?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Lurker

Elbobino is a n00b
All PPCGeeks.com members are hereby served with notice of the following:

- When referring to his lordship Helmi_c one much use his proper title at all times.
- Whenever you mention his lordship Helmi_c one must make the sign of the "H" on their chest. For heathens who do not carry the original knowledge of his lordship Helmi_c the sign of the "H" is made by touching the fingertips of your right hand to your left shoulder, your left hip, your right shoulder, your right hip, your left nip and finally your right nip.
- His lordship "Helmi_c" will from here-on only ever appear as a capitalized name.
- Whenever hard liquor is consumed it is now customary for at least 1 oz, but never more than 10 oz of hard liquor be poured out onto the ground in offering to his lordship Helmi_c.
- One must never, ever, EVER take the name of his lordship Helmi_c in vain.

Violation of any of these rituals will result in being branded a n00b as well as a permanent ban from PPCGeeks.com. So for helmi_c's sake don't screw around....

.....WAIT! I MEANT HIS LORDSHIP HELMI_C!!!! NOOo!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 02:29 AM
Lurker

Gewrew is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Gewrew Send a message via AIM to Gewrew Send a message via MSN to Gewrew Send a message via Yahoo to Gewrew
i noticed that HTC StreamingMedia is included in this rom. I've searched around everywhere, but i can't seem to find out how to get it running for youtube. if i go to http://m.youtube.com and click on some videos, it automatically opens StreamingMedia and tries to connect, but always fails (displaying a message "Failed to find network."). when i click the connect soft menu button, it gives me a blank rts in the dialog box. Any ideas on how i can get this to work?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

deathworm is a n00b
I have gotten the xv6700 to see the 2GB miniSD. It takes a couple of soft resets, and taking the card out and putting it pack in, and now it works like a charm. I am so happy I have my music loaded, google maps,

who needs the damn iphone...

Helmi_c once again awesome work...

donation expected
Old 09-01-2007, 04:24 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
great job helmi!
i'll be looking forward to a nice kitchen before testing the waters.

Thank YOU!
Old 09-01-2007, 05:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

bnl552 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge View Post
Until a kitchen is released, I suppose you have two options:

1) Build a cab from the oem
2) Google each program name and find the original cabs (not sure if you'll find the cingular one though...
MusicID cab is here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=musicid
Old 09-01-2007, 05:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

bnl552 is a n00b
Phone Boost

Is there a cab for phone boost. I tried searching but didn't find one. Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development